[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

6 hours ago, V8jester said:

What are the parts clipped in the sides of the main hull? and are there any parts clipped in we can't see in the pics? On my carrier, I actually surface attached and offset additional hull segments under the main hull to provide additional floatation, Just a thought.

That could work. In the pics I showed, the only clipped in item was the orange fuel tank in the bow. I thought it would give it some extra weight, and thus pull the CoM forward. Which worked, sorta. What I did afterwards was removed the tank and put in ~120 tons in LLL weights just behind the point in the bow. That worked ok, but the bow is still popped out of the water. The other two hull segments are actually empty of fuel now, nearly all the weight in now on the bow piece, and it's still behind the forward superstructure. The bow may be excessively buoyant, lol

Edit: Just tried with the BB parts, and it seems that bow also is way out of the water, even though it has 2x14" gun turrets on it.

Edit 2: I believe the problem has to do with tweakscale interaction. When I launch a ship with untweaked hulls, there's no problem.

Edited by cavilier210

13 hours ago, cavilier210 said:

That could work. In the pics I showed, the only clipped in item was the orange fuel tank in the bow. I thought it would give it some extra weight, and thus pull the CoM forward. Which worked, sorta. What I did afterwards was removed the tank and put in ~120 tons in LLL weights just behind the point in the bow. That worked ok, but the bow is still popped out of the water. The other two hull segments are actually empty of fuel now, nearly all the weight in now on the bow piece, and it's still behind the forward superstructure. The bow may be excessively buoyant, lol

Edit: Just tried with the BB parts, and it seems that bow also is way out of the water, even though it has 2x14" gun turrets on it.

Edit 2: I believe the problem has to do with tweakscale interaction. When I launch a ship with untweaked hulls, there's no problem.

that is probably it, try to make sure that all parts are scaled equaly

I don't have pre-realese 1.1
Did the bug in which vehicles that a loaded on the water would explode when they come get loaded back up (like you launch a craft, put it in water, go to space center, go back to boat, and it explodes) ever get fixed?

15 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Did the bug in which vehicles that a loaded on the water would explode when they come get loaded back up (like you launch a craft, put it in water, go to space center, go back to boat, and it explodes) ever get fixed?

good question

-The submarine have no fuel tanks. You schould add fuel in to the hull.

-Always when i build ship and launch it and go back to KSC , launch new craft and when get on "visual range" the old ship jump 

fScRmx.png

-The new cruiser platform little levitate. 

lrbrm8.png-There are 2 thumbetown hull an the old one dont fit to other hull parts.

-The width of LCS (trirameram) is in real like width of BB  , but its only little detail.

-You also schould compleate IVA of the bridge because there no acces to the crew EVA.

On 6. 4. 2016 at 3:25 PM, Warp_8 said:

A few update suggestions:

• A tailhook, arresting wire, and catapult system for carriers? Unless 600 meters is enough to land a jet on.
  • Fuel/electric charge in sub parts(whichever the engines use)
  • Thrust reversers on  the water jets?
  • Carrier decks that get stuck on top of battleship hulls, like when carrier parts were first introduced

Just  a few things that would be nice.

there is better carriers and sumbarines but its only for ksp version 0.9 :( 

Edited by Penkover

2 hours ago, Penkover said:

-Always when i build ship and launch it and go back to KSC , launch new craft and when get on "visual range" the old ship jump 

fScRmx.png

lrbrm8.png-There are 2 thumbetown hull an the old one dont fit to other hull parts.

-The width of LCS (trirameram) is in real like width of BB  , but its only little detail.

-You also schould compleate IVA of the bridge because there no acces to the crew EVA.

For subs just clip a the small ship hulls into the sub hull and add connector lines

2 hours ago, Penkover said:

fScRmx.png

the sub runs on electric power, the sub hulls have that (as far is i remember)

for the ship bugging, land you ships on the shore and go back to SPH, only put them in the water if you do not want to fetch other crafts

Edited by ckirky

On 4/9/2016 at 4:29 AM, ckirky said:

that is probably it, try to make sure that all parts are scaled equaly

They were all equally scaled down to be about 10m wide. Could it have to do with how long the bow pieces now are? I haven't tested this in 1.1 though. Maybe it was an adjustment from 1.0.5 to 1.1

Thanks to everyone who answered questions for me while I was gone. The next update might come out this weekend. It will be to fix bugs and change the resource the submarine engines use to electric power.

I will try to answer some questions in the short amount of time I have.

Tweakscale messes with buoyancy of the parts. Don't use it on parts that will go in the water.

The tumblehome bow is going to get remodeled. It looks ugly because I rushed it last minute.

MAKE SURE YOU DELETED OLD INSTALLS OF THE MOD. Else you want duplicated and conflicting parts.

On 4/9/2016 at 3:02 PM, War Eagle 1 said:

Sadly it didn't. Maybe some people could report the bug?

11 hours ago, Laythe2 said:

Tweakscale messes with buoyancy of the parts. Don't use it on parts that will go in the water.

I noticed, but I still have problems with some hulls sinking by the bow or stern regardless of any tweaking. Not sure what to make of this.

Is it possible that your parts are what are buggy because of a tweak scale factor?
I remember before i made this mod i had a boat using stock parts and when I placed it, went away and came back it didn't explode. 

On 4/13/2016 at 3:14 PM, doxlulzem said:

Will the new update still be compatible with 1.0.5? BTW Love the new small modern hulls and such, will be building some sick af frigates in the near future!

The parts are very simple. They should work fine. Though I now export them in Unity 5.

On 4/11/2016 at 0:40 PM, Laythe2 said:

Thanks to everyone who answered questions for me while I was gone. The next update might come out this weekend. It will be to fix bugs and change the resource the submarine engines use to electric power.

I will try to answer some questions in the short amount of time I have.

The tumblehome bow is going to get remodeled. It looks ugly because I rushed it last minute.

MAKE SURE YOU DELETED OLD INSTALLS OF THE MOD. Else you want duplicated and conflicting parts.

Sadly it didn't. Maybe some people could report the bug?

will do

7 hours ago, Drj3199 said:

I just downloaded this and when I place a small boat that I made in the water it sinks. What can I do to fix this?

that's a new one

try reinstalling

So, when I was having the problems with one end sinking, or the other, I just put ballast tanks on the sides, or underneath the side that sank. That seems to have worked pretty well. It lowers the ships speed, but keeps it upright in the water.

how do you manage to put the ships together? I have WASDcamera, tweakscale, and vessel mover, but since hanger extention doesnt work since it is outdated, how do you build them. when I use tweak scale, i cant make them bigger because they wont fit. Anyone have any mods or suggestions? If there is a new hanger extention update or mod like it, can someone tell me the link or mod?

Edited by Patricktb

7 hours ago, Patricktb said:

how do you manage to put the ships together? I have WASDcamera, tweakscale, and vessel mover, but since hanger extention doesnt work since it is outdated, how do you build them. when I use tweak scale, i cant make them bigger because they wont fit. Anyone have any mods or suggestions? If there is a new hanger extention update or mod like it, can someone tell me the link or mod?

I believe that hangar extension has an update available. though, I couldn't get it to work. Until then, it may be necessary to just work on smaller vessels.

4 hours ago, cavilier210 said:

Where did you get the turrets for that ship?

I built them from IR, Boomsticks and Tweakscaled Large Boat Parts. Spanner is actually working on a better solution (an actual Zumwalt turret) So you may want to watch Boomsticks for the next update.

been off ksp for a while but i'm back!

have got a suggestion for @Laythe2:

build a hangar superstructure for the rear of the boat to store craft in before they go onto the heli deck

i know that i can use it for the XKOM dropship and @V8jester may use it for his RAH-66 Comanche

anywho, keep up the great work!

Edited by ckirky