[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

21 hours ago, njmksr said:

How do you get stuff to float?

well.......

the parts should already float if you're using the hull parts

i have seen a few people ask this and it is really a case of i bug i think, the boat parts should already float, unless the 1.1 broke them

my only idea is either: reinstall, or get the parts from the maritime pack (buoyancy blisters) a

As of recently, I've been unable to use this mod pack for 1.1.0, I've installed them using CKAN, a useful tool for KSP modding, they are stated in-program to be working, but while the game is intitally loading up, it pauses on a particular part, and won't progress beyond it.

the part is .

WaterJet2

Edit, it seems in 1.1, the Mod conflicts with the SXT mod (stock extension), and even through removal of the SXT mod, the Mod continues to have issues. 

Edited by Imperium_Titan_Roma

On 4/23/2016 at 9:07 AM, ckirky said:

been off ksp for a while but i'm back!

have got a suggestion for @Laythe2:

build a hangar superstructure for the rear of the boat to store craft in before they go onto the heli deck

i know that i can use it for the XKOM dropship and @V8jester may use it for his RAH-66 Comanche

anywho, keep up the great work!

I cant get around to updating for a while. But i will see what I can do about that hangar.

Hi I got a problem. For the newest version, when I move my boat over to the water with vessel mover, My VLS tubes that are clipped inside the hull keeps disappearing from my weapons tab as soon as the boat hits the water. Is there a solution to this? Can someone help please?

On 5/2/2016 at 4:48 PM, Imperium_Titan_Roma said:

Will we see the return of the heavy ship structs? I found them extremely useful, and love using them :) 

Just include the parts from older versions. Ill put them back in next update hopefully.

On 4/30/2016 at 3:47 PM, winterdred said:

Hi I got a problem. For the newest version, when I move my boat over to the water with vessel mover, My VLS tubes that are clipped inside the hull keeps disappearing from my weapons tab as soon as the boat hits the water. Is there a solution to this? Can someone help please?

Make sure they aren't hitting water.

On 4/26/2016 at 6:20 PM, Imperium_Titan_Roma said:

As of recently, I've been unable to use this mod pack for 1.1.0, I've installed them using CKAN, a useful tool for KSP modding, they are stated in-program to be working, but while the game is intitally loading up, it pauses on a particular part, and won't progress beyond it.

the part is .

WaterJet2

Edit, it seems in 1.1, the Mod conflicts with the SXT mod (stock extension), and even through removal of the SXT mod, the Mod continues to have issues. 

I had this before. Either delete it or reinstall the mod. Or rename the part in the config. the original engine might do the same thing.

READ THIS IS GREAT NEWS

So you know the jumping ship bug which would make your ship go orbital velocity when you loaded it? Turns out, theres a fix from something completely unrelated.

I was messing around, and it turns out that FERRAM AEROSPACE (FAR) fixes the jumping ship bug. I have no idea why, but it fixes it. So play on KerbaSailors!

crsUGcP.png

Couple of things
1. quit renaming parts when each up date comes out. It breaks crafts.
2. engines-make them electric and get rid of the fuel and oxidizer (crafts are too heavy as it is.)
3. smaller sub would be awesome (think los angeles class)
4. increase strength of joints 
5. keep up the good work. your awesome

17 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

crsUGcP.png

Couple of things
1. quit renaming parts when each up date comes out. It breaks crafts.
2. engines-make them electric and get rid of the fuel and oxidizer (crafts are too heavy as it is.)
3. smaller sub would be awesome (think los angeles class)
4. increase strength of joints 
5. keep up the good work. your awesome

For #4, get kerbal joint reinforcement.

For #1, He changed the parts geometry. hence the change in names. Though, i would have preferred the old parts stay.

On 5/3/2016 at 6:24 PM, Laythe2 said:

Just include the parts from older versions. Ill put them back in next update hopefully.

Make sure they aren't hitting water.

I had this before. Either delete it or reinstall the mod. Or rename the part in the config. the original engine might do the same thing.

Thank you, I used them in quite alot of my beloved crafts, since I found them to be superior to the stock ingame structs, I hope you do :) 

I quickly pushed an update out to bump the mod. Some issues may occur. The hulls are filled with water when spawned so empty em. Its 1 in the morning and I have a headache so I didn't fix that before. And I forgot to bring back an old part set. Sorry for that. Hopefully i will do that tomorrow.

http://spacedock.info/mod/167/Large%20Boat%20Parts%20Pack?ga=%3CGame+3102+%27Kerbal+Space+Program%27%3E

@Laythe2 I've been planning to make a  MM config for yoir hull parts when I release the screws for my carrier mod. The hull will have an "engine" generator  that converts liquid fuel into electric power, thus turning the screws and propelling the vessel.

Edited by Eskandare

2 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

@Laythe2 I've been planning to make a  MM config for yoir hull parts when I release the screws for my carrier mod. The hull will have an "engine" generator  that converts liquid fuel into electric power, this turning the screws and propelling the vessel.

You can do what you please with my mod. I haven't been keeping myself updated with KSP for a while.

11 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Would you mind if I add afew things?

Yeah,  I have been making a lot lately. I just can't stop modeling. :0.0:

I don't care.

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Keep up the good work @Laythe2 I for one been having a blast with these parts :)

I never thought these sub parts would be so popular.

Hi Laythe!

Great Mod! I was wondering if you would consider making some of the hull parts with prebuilt decks? This could just be some simple hollow parts with a couple of ramps or holes to allow for the kerbals to move around (with ladders or what not) - same access to the top deck would be awesome! Maybe evan one part with a big hollow cargo container to place other vessels, etc. (just trying to mimize the part count and have those structures pre-built.

Example:

7DutkYL.png

I am trying to make some long term exploration vessels and need to manually build all the decks, etc.. 

Great job, and keep up the awesome work!!!

25 minutes ago, MasseFlieger said:

Hi Laythe!

Great Mod! I was wondering if you would consider making some of the hull parts with prebuilt decks? This could just be some simple hollow parts with a couple of ramps or holes to allow for the kerbals to move around (with ladders or what not) - same access to the top deck would be awesome! Maybe evan one part with a big hollow cargo container to place other vessels, etc. (just trying to mimize the part count and have those structures pre-built.

Example:

7DutkYL.png

I am trying to make some long term exploration vessels and need to manually build all the decks, etc.. 

Great job, and keep up the awesome work!!!

I'm not the OP but I plan on adding some more things to this mod to make it compatible with my up coming reimaging of Oceania.

Oceania was originally a Kerbal Konstructs mod but by design I wanted the vessels be usable crafts. The Buoy and Ocean Odyssey are being incorporated into Top Secret and the carrier and cruiser hulls will be Oceania. 

This hallow hull design is something I had pondered doing, and I may make something for a research vessel to allow for this. The IVA I'm making for the ships in Oceania will have a similar design but won't be hollow, just a striking visual. Mostly this is by artistic license since most vessel internal maps are classified, however following a somewhat realistic pattern.

Sorry to be long winded.

20 hours ago, Eskandare said:

I'm not the OP but I plan on adding some more things to this mod to make it compatible with my up coming reimaging of Oceania.

Oceania was originally a Kerbal Konstructs mod but by design I wanted the vessels be usable crafts. The Buoy and Ocean Odyssey are being incorporated into Top Secret and the carrier and cruiser hulls will be Oceania. 

This hallow hull design is something I had pondered doing, and I may make something for a research vessel to allow for this. The IVA I'm making for the ships in Oceania will have a similar design but won't be hollow, just a striking visual. Mostly this is by artistic license since most vessel internal maps are classified, however following a somewhat realistic pattern.

Sorry to be long winded.

7DutkYL.png

i'm going to be a bit long winded about a problem in this:

The major/fatal problem here is:the hulls do not actually keep the water out of a craft. the boat may float but there will be the surface of the water all thought that level of the craft if any part is hollow. this means that any equipment, parts or kerbals on a deck below the waterline will be destroyed, killed or useless if it moves due to water collision being OP. this means that only the decks of the hull above the waterline will be useful and on ships with lots of equipment there will be a higher waterline because of the extra weight. the more mass on the hull pieces will mean a higher waterline. This completely rules out the sub parts for decks. this can still leave the upper decks of the hull as useful places but ruins the idea of using all of the decks for something. Otherwise, this is a great idea and can be very useful for fun and videos. other ideas that we could incorporate into this at limit (due to the waterline thing) are: a vehicle hull, eg a opening large hatch with a lift the can carry a craft in or out of the hull piece. also a vehicle ramp at the back/side of the boat to board vehicles into or onto the hull. these are just concept ideas because i already know that @Laythe2 is working/looking into a heli/aircraft hangar that is on top of the deck with a opening like a roll-up door. otherwise than my big dark problem comment, it is still a very interesting idea i would like to see

(please excuse any grammar mistakes, this was more of a rushed thing than a planned one)

Edited by ckirky

Thats a great point ckirky,

I would say that would be up to the player to figure out how many of the decks can be used, etc. given the waterline. Also perhaps there are some other parts out there that can adjust the boyancy of the ship in order to keep the waterline at the level desired. I for one would prefer having the decks + your awesome ideas of the vehicle ramp :P and deal with the waterline.

19 hours ago, MasseFlieger said:

Thats a great point ckirky,

I would say that would be up to the player to figure out how many of the decks can be used, etc. given the waterline. Also perhaps there are some other parts out there that can adjust the boyancy of the ship in order to keep the waterline at the level desired. I for one would prefer having the decks + your awesome ideas of the vehicle ramp :P and deal with the waterline.

you could add modular hull with a style switcher like in firespitter with a right click menu to cycle through the preset hulls for the number of decks and the style of deck eg: the styles could have a completely open one, one with a single deck splitting the hull in two, multiple rooms per deck and ramps etc. maybe even one with a built in VLS with animated covers(could try to make a concept idea in blender if you guys want....)

Edited by ckirky