[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

1 hour ago, Eskandare said:

That explains why my frigate mod (not released) kept bouncing into the air. Yes, those were the days. 

Also I noticed in your SM marine mod the screws had an absurd amount of power and caused my ship to fly once I brought up the power, not sure what happened there.

Hi,  re screws, I'm sure i fixed the worst of that in last update, through a glitch with the curves/Isp,  i don't fully understand the thrust was being multiplied( one of those cases in which I'm still catching up is the atm and vel curves) Better now i think , although things do get a bit silly if you start scaling them up, I'm no fan of multiple models with the only difference being the power output so the tweakscale is a compromise, I wanted something that at stock size will push an appropriately sized ship a decent speed (that has nothing to do with real world marine speeds, personal real world marine speed record 98kts 109mph, BradstoneChallenger Southampton water), and yet work when shrunk or enlarged to either extremity, but then it's almost impossible to get a match for every configuration of build. Always willing to take suggestions for sensible limits, after all it's not exactly fun taking an hour real time to get to ksc island

9 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Looks like airpark has the same old bug that launch clamps used to have, as I approach, it respawns in the distance.  Anyone know how to contact Dunclaw?

Here you go, this is the Airpark standalone repo https://github.com/dunclaw/AirPark  and although he's quiet I'm sure @dunclaw will work, Good that you mentioned this as I noticed some oddness as well, but couldn't be sure it wasn't just me. There is a version of Airpark also rolled into HL airships, I'll have to see if that is affected also.

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Here you go, this is the Airpark standalone repo https://github.com/dunclaw/AirPark  and although he's quiet I'm sure @dunclaw will work, Good that you mentioned this as I noticed some oddness as well, but couldn't be sure it wasn't just me. There is a version of Airpark also rolled into HL airships, I'll have to see if that is affected also.

The integrated HL Airships one is broken too. I hope he'll be able to fix the issue. The only mods I have are Chatterer, Large Ships, SM Marine, BD Armory, TweakScale, Tweakable Anything, KJR, Vessel Mover, and my two mods K.R.X. and Thermonuclear Turbines.

Edit: I noticed NREs with BD Armory and KJR.

Edit2: So the only way around bouncy boats is FAR.

Edited by Eskandare

9 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

It all gets a bit tricky when you say "your"  as I'm not sure which of the parts (or from what mod) to which you refer.

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Sorry about that , should have been more clear, I meant the Anti-Ship Missile from the BoomSticks weapons pack. 

As I was playing around with launching looking at the debug log in game the missile did launch when I did something , but I cannot replicate at the moment. I am with you on the clipping, if the Harpoon is working its the most likely culprit.

I've been meaning to fire up Visual Studio and start to get serious about contributing fixes to mods if I can. I have some coding experience, just need to familiarize myself with Untiy/KSP

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Been on vacation and still catching up. There's definitely something odd going on when using autopark and multiple vessels get close. I'll try to debug the issue.

12 minutes ago, dunclaw said:

Been on vacation and still catching up. There's definitely something odd going on when using autopark and multiple vessels get close. I'll try to debug the issue.

Hi and thanks, keep me posted for testing etc.  Hope vacation didn't leave you needing another :P

17 minutes ago, gomker said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) I recall some discussion before about IVA in the bridges. I can transfer crew to other command modules but I cannot EVA. It says the hatch is obstructed.

IS that on the new bridge parts? If so I'll check it out now, just fired it up to check one of your other issues :sticktongue:

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

IS that on the new bridge parts? If so I'll check it out now, just fired it up to check one of your other issues :sticktongue:

Yep, The part I was testing was the "LBP smBridge3"

I gotta have 4 tabs open to update all the stuff I find :)  Let me know if you need more info, I want to make sure I am reporting bugs clearly and not being a nuisance :) 

2 minutes ago, gomker said:

Yep, The part I was testing was the "LBP smBridge3"

I gotta have 4 tabs open to update all the stuff I find :)  Let me know if you need more info, I want to make sure I am reporting bugs clearly and not being a nuisance :) 

No worries, i need to know, cheers

@gomker I can't replicate your issue,  Is the IVA functional? If it's not,check the Spaces folder to make sure the internal is there. Are the doors unobstructed? If all that checks out I'm going to need to see a log. In my install, all hatches, when selecting EVA from portrait and directly by clicking on the door mesh are functional and Kerbs can enter and exit

@SpannerMonkey(smce)

• It looks like the Left and Right hatch work ,but not the middle one. 
  • I do not have IVA's but the Spaces are listed in the directory - I believe I am running your latest update

Working

KGsVErl.png

Not working example

qnLw7o8.png

It is the same ship at the same time,  but it was hard to get the angle the same 

@gomker This one is firmly on me, it looks like i uploaded the wrong version (senior moment) That said I'll remove the center door, as there is a collider issue there that prevents it from functioning correctly,  the update was supposed to contain both IVA's which it does but only one cfg. I'll get it sorted asap

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Going to grab the update now. 

I decided to test submarines again, now that I have Air-park I can use the stuff I make. I remember you updated the water quantities and bouyancy, but my sub still floats like a cork even with 4 full ballast tanks and water at 100%. No tweak scaled parts as well.

I recently deleted may part config after reading about the caching - I will try again after downloading the update

wwnvMJ9.png

Edited by gomker
spellcheck

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@gomker

Not sure whats going on there as the parts have at least 50% of the buoyancy of the original values, so even without ballast it should sit low in the water. If situation persists after updating get me a zip of your log.

@SpannerMonkey(smce) I run quite a bit of mods (up to 45 now) will that be an issue for you? I can run one from a cleaner install if preferred.

@TMasterson5 's Sub-Parts are sinking for me at the moment

Also had an idea for an additional feature for the the parts.  What about when they take damage they take on Water to allow for sinking. Maybe something like some % additional Heat to part adds water for sinking. I think another mod had a similar feature, but it would add some realism to the boat aspect. Just a random thought.

8 minutes ago, gomker said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) I run quite a bit of mods (up to 45 now) will that be an issue for you? I can run one from a cleaner install if preferred.

@TMasterson5 's Sub-Parts are sinking for me at the moment

Also had an idea for an additional feature for the the parts.  What about when they take damage they take on Water to allow for sinking. Maybe something like some % additional Heat to part adds water for sinking. I think another mod had a similar feature, but it would add some realism to the boat aspect. Just a random thought.

Yay for my parts! lol

@gomker shouldnt matter how many mods you run, unless some are not updated, i test in several builds and finish with a build with over 100 mods. But if they are still not sinking and you have deleted the MM cached cfg's and the PartDatabase.cfg send me a log, I've been unable to replicate this issue except by emptying all the stored resources and even then they float a lot lower than in your images

Ps just messaged the sinking mod which hasn't been updated for a while with a view to making sinking happen

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

So I was gonna do a Cruiser battle between two USN Chester's. I needed Vessel Mover to spawn the enemy, but when i spawned it, it exploded. I though it was because I spawned it in the water, so I tried spawning it on land. The enemy didn't explode, but the middle superstructure was wedged into one of the funnels. I think this has to do something with vessel mover, but these parts might be the problem.

6 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

So I was gonna do a Cruiser battle between two USN Chester's. I needed Vessel Mover to spawn the enemy, but when i spawned it, it exploded. I though it was because I spawned it in the water, so I tried spawning it on land. The enemy didn't explode, but the middle superstructure was wedged into one of the funnels. I think this has to do something with vessel mover, but these parts might be the problem.

Are you using the latest Vessel mover? there is a new updated version. I've just been moving ships around with vessel mover with no issues, please provide a log if problem persists