[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

17 hours ago, gomker said:

VesselMover  does a hard-coded set altitude at 35 meters by default when move or spawn is called, so it kinda teleports - the new release will have the Altitude adjustment with the Throttle/up down (I know you know this SM, just letting everyone else know :) ) 

Gotta send me the test bits when you are ready , would love to give this a test drive.

@gomker @XOC2008 all hangar spaces now converted.  MM cfg for needs. works without.   Testing last.  expect packages this evening

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@gomker @XOC2008 all hangar spaces now converted.  MM cfg for needs. works without.   Testing last.  expect packages this evening

Woot! Looking forward to it! (And I have just confirmed I am not good at carrier landings so all the plane storage will be helpful for having plenty of vict--er uh I mean pilots on hand.)

Every time my recently built WWII cruiser loads, it flies almost 5 kilometers into the air. When I'm in direct control I can just cheat to prevent it from breaking when it lands, the use vessel mover to right it, but this means I can't interact with it with other craft. Is there a way to fix this?

Edited by OverlordQuasar

4 hours ago, OverlordQuasar said:

Every time my recently built WWII cruiser loads, it flies almost 5 kilometers into the air. When I'm in direct control I can just cheat to prevent it from breaking when it lands, the use vessel mover to right it, but this means I can't interact with it with other craft. Is there a way to fix this?

Yes, wait for the 1.2 version. :)

8 minutes ago, OverlordQuasar said:

I am actually playin 1.1.3 until all my mods are updated.

Just saying it's a notorious KSP bug and there's not much to do about it. You can use Airpark on the ship and it should keep it grounded. Otherwise your option is pretty much wait for the 1.2 version. I have several installs, a clean 1.2, a modded 1.2, and a 1.1.3 and 1.0.5 for older things I can't give up on just yet.

10 hours ago, Kerbalnaut said:

Hey @Laythe2 is there any way you will be able to implement arrestors and tail hooks for the carrier???

Hi as mentioned Laythe no longer takes any part in development or direction, but remains as founder and original creator as per our agreement. 

Regarding tail hooks, i could give you one today, it i also possible to rig up arrestor gears using the IR slides and struts, while not wildly effective it does work. A more permanent and user friendly plugin based system is being worked on but as yet is far from reliable or in a totally kerbal way safe to use :)

On 21/07/2016 at 8:25 AM, WolfGeek101 said:

Okay, I knew there was something going on. The WW2 parts have 1% exactly the maxTemp of the Modern parts. I'm thinking this may be a bit of an oversight, as 1000000 maxTemp seems a little excessive. It's just that it's not consistent, that's my point.

Otherwise, I love it and I wish KSP would stop breaking to the point of launching my ships kilometres into the air, even while trying the other fixes.

Hello,

friend of mine sent me a set of naval plane attachments that contains airbrakes, arrestors and a cable that originally came from infinitedice's boat pack.

link for the download off google drive:inapplicable

ps. i have not checked if these still work after 1.1/2 so no promises.

sry, forum rules!

Edited by ckirky

5 hours ago, ckirky said:

Hello,

friend of mine sent me a set of naval plane attachments that contains airbrakes, arrestors and a cable that originally came from infinitedice's boat pack.

link for the download off google drive:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8ho4ejeXlkhdjhJeUJrLTdXblE

ps. i have not checked if these still work after 1.1/2 so no promises.

Hi

ALL of those parts are ARR so while you can use them for your own enjoyment you are not, under forum rules allowed to re distribute them in  any form and that includes the link, there's also an issue as Fengist has permission to use the linked items.  SO while i appreciate the thought, i can't even download them and stay within forum rules. sorry.

Edit. just curious as quoted posts are usually included for relevance, that quote doesn't seem to have any :)

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

hullo,

thanks for the update about the rules, i generally try to stay within their guidelines but sometimes i do miss some things!

i include the quote because that give the person a notification that i have said something in return even if they are on another topic the can see the notification.

p.s: link = gone

On 10/21/2016 at 5:29 AM, Kerbalnaut said:

Hey @Laythe2 is there any way you will be able to implement arrestors and tail hooks for the carrier???

On 10/21/2016 at 4:32 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi as mentioned Laythe no longer takes any part in development or direction, but remains as founder and original creator as per our agreement. 

Regarding tail hooks, i could give you one today, it i also possible to rig up arrestor gears using the IR slides and struts, while not wildly effective it does work. A more permanent and user friendly plugin based system is being worked on but as yet is far from reliable or in a totally kerbal way safe to use :)

10 hours ago, ckirky said:

hullo,

thanks for the update about the rules, i generally try to stay within their guidelines but sometimes i do miss some things!

i include the quote because that give the person a notification that i have said something in return even if they are on another topic the can see the notification.

p.s: link = gone

Hey gents there is a fully working tailhook in the Blue Hawk Industries Mod that functions as a massive air brake, but works well and is tweakscalable, feel free to go and grab that!

@TMasterson5 I make use of that tailhook but I was wondering for myself if there was a way to keep the deploy animation while getting rid of the airbrake function. Would I just put in animategeneric in the place of the airbrake module? (I have a copy of those arrestor cables from above and I want to try and see if I can make said hook work with those. I like the modeling on the BHI hook better than the other.)

4 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

@TMasterson5 I make use of that tailhook but I was wondering for myself if there was a way to keep the deploy animation while getting rid of the airbrake function. Would I just put in animategeneric in the place of the airbrake module? (I have a copy of those arrestor cables from above and I want to try and see if I can make said hook work with those. I like the modeling on the BHI hook better than the other.)

ummmmm I honestly dont remember how its setup.

But if I remember correctly its not an actual animation in the model but pivots around the parts origin on its own. What you could do though is just go into the cfg and zero out all of the actual airbrake numbers, it would still work as a brake, just with 0 effect on actual aero

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@XOC2008 i was going to say it's easy just do this etc until i looked at a stock airbrake cfg,  if TM's is set up like that i have no clue  fail lol 

Anyway have a pretty picture of SMM pushing LBP around, after a technical error left it crewless and drifting

Lprn4At.png

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Im going to start running over kerbals with ships everyday until you give us(or at least me....) an update! lol

16 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Im going to start running over kerbals with ships everyday until you give us(or at least me....) an update! lol

Hey . erm i have to say as probably the most prolific Kerbal serial killer of all time, please carry on muhwahahahaha .   Current astronaut complex stats tell me that i have 20 assigned,  63 MIA,  and 146 KIA ., it's been a bit quiet lately  :)

I think we're done though pretty much, things got delayed by the inclusion of the hangar storage modules, and then getting them to play nice,  and the longer it delays the more things and ideas turn up the more its delayed ad infinatum ,  so it's about time to call it for both this and SMM (which has grown alarmingly).   Remaining bugs or irritation are minor, the hangars are still being fine tuned and will be improved as the hangar mod is improved, at present they are not as versatile as we'd like .  

On the whole  it looks good and works well,  in combination with hullbreach, destructionFX, KJR and vessel mover  plus the weaponry of your choice it's a poop pile of fun . If the testers agree it'll happen soon.

37 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hey . erm i have to say as probably the most prolific Kerbal serial killer of all time, please carry on muhwahahahaha .   Current astronaut complex stats tell me that i have 20 assigned,  63 MIA,  and 146 KIA ., it's been a bit quiet lately  :)

I think we're done though pretty much, things got delayed by the inclusion of the hangar storage modules, and then getting them to play nice,  and the longer it delays the more things and ideas turn up the more its delayed ad infinatum ,  so it's about time to call it for both this and SMM (which has grown alarmingly).   Remaining bugs or irritation are minor, the hangars are still being fine tuned and will be improved as the hangar mod is improved, at present they are not as versatile as we'd like .  

On the whole  it looks good and works well,  in combination with hullbreach, destructionFX, KJR and vessel mover  plus the weaponry of your choice it's a poop pile of fun . If the testers agree it'll happen soon.

Good god you're the Kraken!!!! All this time and we've finally find out who it really is......

But sweet can't wait to try it! Take your time and release it when you want to man. Your work is awesome and your a mod savior. Stay awesome! 

Work version_3.5.1 (not the 3.5.1) on 1.1.3 KSP? Because it have many more new parts and some of them doesn't show at SPH... I see it's for 1.2, but many mods aren't to 1.1 yet...

Actually, I tried the latest version on 1.2 and still I haven't most parts, like carrier, heliport...

Thanks

Ave! Toonu

Edited by Toonu

7 hours ago, Toonu said:

Ave! Toonu

Hi the latest last update should work fine on 1.1.3 any 1.1 version really, the parts etc that will come in the next update will not be so versatile due to having specific 1.2 features included..

AS for missing parts anything shown in screenshots since i posted the last update are new, so many new parts really and reworkings of old i have trouble recalling them all, you should have the carrier, and the lifts, and at least one of the hangars, in fact i'm going to check the zip i uploaded for the contents. i'll post a list and you can check the inventory.

ALL

A point to note  is that the longer i manage and update this mod, the more fussy it will get  about being installed correctly, this is because of the efforts to keep the size down means a lot of use of the MODEL node, this means that things have to be exactly where they are meant to be or it simply will not work, and in a few cases could actually stop your game loading

. You can install the modern or ww2 packs as stand alone but must always have the parts required folder, that contains everything that is not hull or superstructure, such drives air intakes funnels etc

I'm also looking for suggestion for improvements to the WW2 parts which have been badly neglected, i don't really like them that much, but i know they have a good fan base,  so initially not suggestions for new parts, just improvements to the current set, and once i start things will likely suggest themselves. 

Once the current set have their fun injection and all seems well, i'll consider perhaps two complete new ships,  after all the Modern already has 1 complete new ship  and parts to build multiple varieties so it's only fair to spread the love around, so chose wisely  only two, and they'll likely take around a month each to build test and tune

For those that read through but miss it, ALL of the antennas masts rails etc etc you see me use in screenshots  come from SM Marine  and are made specifically for this mod to use and ALL weapons in my screenshots are from Boomsticks

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi the latest last update should work fine on 1.1.3 any 1.1 version really, the parts etc that will come in the next update will not be so versatile due to having specific 1.2 features included..

AS for missing parts anything shown in screenshots since i posted the last update are new, so many new parts really and reworkings of old i have trouble recalling them all, you should have the carrier, and the lifts, and at least one of the hangars, in fact i'm going to check the zip i uploaded for the contents. i'll post a list and you can check the inventory.

Thanks for reply, actually I didn't know its new parts so...no problem, they look amazing even if I can't have em! :D

But yeah, I haven't any lifts, hangars, etc. Just one carrier deck, nothing more. I looked into folders and they are there...

6 minutes ago, Toonu said:

Thanks for reply, actually I didn't know its new parts so...no problem, they look amazing even if I can't have em! :D

But yeah, I haven't any lifts, hangars, etc. Just one carrier deck, nothing more. I looked into folders and they are there...

You should have,  is LBP installed correctly the path for the carrier should be  GameData/LShipPartsModern/Parts/CarrierHangarHull/   if it's not then it will not load, that's all i can think of as a possible cause as  nobody else has  reported problems,  the file paths have not changed at all and testing shows everything load fine, if it is installed correctly and still refuses to load I'll need to see the log, and proving that I'm not like most i can tell you a lot more about your game and get a clearer picture from the KSP.log than any of the others, so that's all i need to see

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You should have,  is LBP installed correctly the path for the carrier should be  GameData/LShipPartsModern/Parts/CarrierHangarHull/   if it's not then it will not load, that's all i can think of as a possible cause as  nobody else has  reported problems,  the file paths have not changed at all and testing shows everything load fine, if it is installed correctly and still refuses to load I'll need to see the log, and proving that I'm not like most i can tell you a lot more about your game and get a clearer picture from the KSP.log than any of the others, so that's all i need to see

Oh yeah, now I see its in LShip Parts folder, then PartsModern, etc..... Thanks for this, I haven't noticed it can be caused just by linking textures, models and parts because of bad directory. Thanks again, you re doing great job with all BDA parts. (Because I think boats are almost like part of BDA...I always used it with BDA :))

Hi, well a little while later on from my last post and after digging into the WW2 parts i see that they are less than inspiring, well I'm not, no useful superstructures, odd shapes, not enough good shapes and a battle ship hull resembling the fig box ships of my childhood, of course you can throw tweakscale at some of the other superstructure sections but that's not really a solution to my mind, and that deck!, along with a dozen other things i spotted that really annoy me. and i only threw a quicky of each type together.

So yeah, regardless of if i like them or not I'll be giving them all a birthday, and some proper superstructure building parts (with some explorable crew areas being very likely) .   As it stands today i feel they lower the (what i like to think of as increasing) quality of the whole mod, it's like running with a load of unfinished parts . So users of the WW2 parts you have my apologies for leaving you with iffy parts for so long.

Isn't possible to make superstructures procedural? Like change lenght and wide, not height...? Because when I use procedural parts, I'm always like, oh my...why there isn't any box-shaped parts, I want them! Not just circular :D. So maybe it can be a sollution?