[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

4 hours ago, Toonu said:

Isn't possible to make superstructures procedural? Like change lenght and wide, not height...? Because when I use procedural parts, I'm always like, oh my...why there isn't any box-shaped parts, I want them! Not just circular :D. So maybe it can be a sollution?

HI something i'm playing with is similar, but procedural is to my mind a misnomer for what is basically mesh switching,  the real downside is that the parts are exponentially larger in file size as each model contains within it all other possible options, the test part is a medium superstructure with switchable decks variable width and switchable doors or walls,  though the longer i spend on the idea the more complex it gets, if you have decks you need to have some way of getting between them at least.  Definitely a work in progress, that may yet end up in the failed folder. :)

Pre update announcement 3.6.1

Prior to the upcoming release of LBP 3.6.1 a lot of effort was spent trying to combine the abilities of the hangar mod to store other vessels, with the hangar and storage area parts of LBP, this was only partly successful and we could not go forward with the hangar additions at this time.

Should the hangar mod become more versatile regarding other parts not from the hangar mod itself, we'll revisit the feature. While a feature like this is very desirable and opens up a world of options, the hangar mod as it stands has too much other stuff (5 plugins just to store an aircraft in a hangar is too much for me)going on for me to make any feature dependent on it. 

We arranged a way to change the launch and store positions but it's far from user friendly,  exiting the game,  editing cfg's and restarting just to get the thing functional for what you want to store is no way for a released mod to work.  

The set up for each hangar only fits a specific size of craft arranged in a particular way, while ideal for spacecraft, most being a pointy cylinder. Aircraft do not have this  all round symmetry (vehicles are even worse)  and this means that in most cases an aircraft that looks like it will fit easily  simply will not. 

In conclusion apologies to those who have looked forward to having this feature, who doesn't want to be able to have stored accessible aircraft flying from their carrier?, I doubt any wanted it to work as much as my testers and I .

I'm undoing some of what was done to enable the hangars and expect to release within the next  day or so

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I'm undoing some of what was done to enable the hangars and expect to release within the next  day or so

Cant wait to try it man, thanks for all the work you guys have put into this release!

LBP 1.2 IS HERE

v 3.6.1

EfF4e59.png

Yes LBP for KSP 1.2 finally released after an obscene amount of time spent tweaking tuning changing and making it is finally done . Special thanks go to @gomker @XOC2008 @V8jester who volunteered to share some of the pain with me, and without whom the mod would not be advancing at the rate it has, Thanks guys and thanks to all those who've made seemingly off the wall suggestions and requests some of which have become a reality. 

We are not even close to being done at this point, a little closer but really not even half way yet. I've concentrated  mainly on the modern parts for this update, tuning parts already introduced and upgrading older parts, the number of build variations now possible is huge, and with the added hangars and access points are a lot more versatile than of old.  There should not be any  ships broken by this update as we've been very careful to preserve names etc while updating. ( we don't enjoy rebuilding ships either) Many more parts now share textures, reducing the memory footprint a bit, always good .

Notes

All masts, Radar units, antennas , stairways , rails , nets and random structural parts seen in the screenshots are from SM Marine

All weapons , turrets , missiles and rockets shown in the screenshots are exclusively from Boomsticks or PEW  (PEW is a part of the SM group of mods)

The Heli Deck seen on the screenshots featuring the DG10K and others  is a decal this was originally intended to be a Hull part in it's own right, after some tests and trials it was decided that a decal made more sense as it allows for a heli deck anywhere on a ship and does not limit the DG's capability or require a full extra hull section. The Decal is available now from

Installation.

To install this version to working condition please follow the instructions

If you use module manager, you must find and delete all the MM cfg.cache files there are 4 of them make sure they all go. This ensure that the new module set ups will appear  in your game

Go to the main KSP folder find and delete the PartDatabase.cfg  this allows new drag cubes to be calculated , especially important with the modified hull parts

Go back to GameData and delete all LBP folders , please do not overwrite as this will result in junk files remaining that are no longer used.

Now install the LBP folders there are 3 you must install the PartsRequired as it contains all the bridge/pods, drives, pumps that are needed by the Modern And WW2 packs. You can install both the Modern and WW2 folders or just one of them depending on your preference

Please do not move any parts to different locations or repackage the mod in other folders  as this WILL break a lot of the newer parts

Start game............ enjoy

And as always an emergency link for those times when SpaceDock is not accessible  https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrt4u17hd26vm6k/LargeBoatParts3-6-1.zip?dl=0

ok8gqTp.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
update updates

Can I ask why on screens DG ships have heliport on back, but now is the texture...eh...metalic? :D No problem with it, just curious. + What means DG?

And one more question, where the guns from Zumwalt are? Like mod...it isn't NAS :D

Thanks for update anyway! Confirmed - works on 1.1.3 too

EDIT: Plus any idea how attack VLS in the hull, the view can't be tilted for use of connection nodes :/

Edited by Toonu

47 minutes ago, Toonu said:

Can I ask why on screens DG ships have heliport on back, but now is the texture...eh...metalic?

There is a Helo decal in SM Marine pack that fits on top exactly

48 minutes ago, Toonu said:

No problem with it, just curious. + What means DG?

See this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zumwalt-class_destroyer , I believe its in refrence to the hull number designations

48 minutes ago, Toonu said:

And one more question, where the guns from Zumwalt are? Like mod...it isn't NAS

Those are in BoomSticks

1 minute ago, Toonu said:

Many thanks!!! Still, you know how push there the VLS from MalFunc, do you? :D

If I understand you correctly are you having issues attaching the Tubes to the VLS hull? Sometimes those attachment nodes can be tricky. Use Editor Extensions Mod , it adds more options to your VAB editor , namely press "T" when selecting the tube and it will turn off "surface attach" making it easier to get the tube in the right spot.

@gomker thanks for the above replies. Dads taxi duties kept me busy for a while.

Re the missile nodes, gomker has given the advice i would have,  use editor extensions to disable the missile surface attach,  rotate the missile launcher/missile until it is correct orientation and then they should snap in cleanly , once you have one in place just use Alt click to copy the existing fitted part, which will keep the same setting applied and drag the part to the next node, repeat until all nodes are filled.  For those parts with many nodes it may pay to build the part and save it as a sub assembly .

32 minutes ago, cavilier210 said:

Sorry if this has been covered already in the thread, but is there any word on Vessel Mover or an equivalent having been updated? I looked in the Vessel Mover thread, but it's been closed for a bit.

HI , although nothing official,  there is a much better for ship use version of VM being tested. it works so well that I'm unsure as to the reason it is delayed, there are no problems that I'm aware of,  apart from the named maintainer dragging his feet, a lot,  when it comes to releasing the updates when they are ready.   As it's such an important mod for LBP you can be sure that as soon as it is released I'll be linking it here.

eBFMVNM.jpg?1

8 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI , although nothing official,  there is a much better for ship use version of VM being tested. it works so well that I'm unsure as to the reason it is delayed, there are no problems that I'm aware of,  apart from the named maintainer dragging his feet, a lot,  when it comes to releasing the updates when they are ready.   As it's such an important mod for LBP you can be sure that as soon as it is released I'll be linking it here.

eBFMVNM.jpg?1

Thanks!

Hi I would like to report some issues.

On the newly released carrier hangar part the nodes for mid and aft elevators seems to be slightly out of position.

TCNB3Af.jpg

Z5GaQAx.jpg

And the aft ones... Sorry forgot to do screenshots lol, but they are level with the flight deck but appear slightly closer to the centerline.

Absolutely love LBP and SM Marine parts. Currently I'm building some more smaller ships for future operations. Hopefully Vessel Mover will be ready asap so I can start doing some real search and rescue missions for crewed space missions. No more one-click recover magic :D

Also sharing what I built a few months ago

Spoiler

RGQUKcv.jpg

Px9p20h.jpg

Cheers!

38 minutes ago, ConquerorTW said:

Hi I would like to report some issues.

Hi  oddly enough I'm just redoing those again now, up until this last release they didn't work at all, and getting them just right is proving very difficult, they are better now but i still recommend using the offset tool to align them perfectly. One of the big issues is the scale of the parts, due to the position of the nodes and the position of the receiver nodes on the hull it's extremely tricky to visualize and see the gap all the way around. ( and this is with node helper )  If you fancy a bit of cfg tweaking the cfg these are the best values i have so far and the nodes to adjust for the center bays  

node_stack_bayLM = -39.98999, 0.3, -7.94686, 0, -1, 0, 7
node_stack_bayRM = 39.98999, 0.1, -7.94686, 0, 1, 0, 7

And thanks for using the parts from both mods

Vessel mover is very close to being released and the latest version is much better for use with ships than any release previously

Spoiler

LxN4CBy.jpg

On 10/29/2016 at 0:25 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

LBP 1.2 IS HERE

v 3.6.1

EfF4e59.png

Yes LBP for KSP 1.2 finally released after an obscene amount of time spent tweaking tuning changing and making it is finally done . Special thanks go to @gomker @XOC2008 @V8jester who volunteered to share some of the pain with me, and without whom the mod would not be advancing at the rate it has, Thanks guys and thanks to all those who've made seemingly off the wall suggestions and requests some of which have become a reality. 

We are not even close to being done at this point, a little closer but really not even half way yet. I've concentrated  mainly on the modern parts for this update, tuning parts already introduced and upgrading older parts, the number of build variations now possible is huge, and with the added hangars and access points are a lot more versatile than of old.  There should not be any  ships broken by this update as we've been very careful to preserve names etc while updating. ( we don't enjoy rebuilding ships either) Many more parts now share textures, reducing the memory footprint a bit, always good .

Notes

All masts, Radar units, antennas , stairways , rails , nets and random structural parts seen in the screenshots are from SM Marine

All weapons , turrets , missiles and rockets shown in the screenshots are exclusively from Boomsticks or PEW  (PEW is a part of the SM group of mods)

The Heli Deck seen on the screenshots featuring the DG10K and others  is a decal this was originally intended to be a Hull part in it's own right, after some tests and trials it was decided that a decal made more sense as it allows for a heli deck anywhere on a ship and does not limit the DG's capability or require a full extra hull section. The Decal is available now from

Installation.

To install this version to working condition please follow the instructions

If you use module manager, you must find and delete all the MM cfg.cache files there are 4 of them make sure they all go. This ensure that the new module set ups will appear  in your game

Go to the main KSP folder find and delete the PartDatabase.cfg  this allows new drag cubes to be calculated , especially important with the modified hull parts

Go back to GameData and delete all LBP folders , please do not overwrite as this will result in junk files remaining that are no longer used.

Now install the LBP folders there are 3 you must install the PartsRequired as it contains all the bridge/pods, drives, pumps that are needed by the Modern And WW2 packs. You can install both the Modern and WW2 folders or just one of them depending on your preference

Please do not move any parts to different locations or repackage the mod in other folders  as this WILL break a lot of the newer parts

Start game............ enjoy

And as always an emergency link for those times when SpaceDock is not accessible  https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrt4u17hd26vm6k/LargeBoatParts3-6-1.zip?dl=0

ok8gqTp.png

Question: im trying to build a Carrier, and there is no bow or stern for the carrier, not is there a hanger. just main hull.

Plz help

34 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

Question: im trying to build a Carrier, and there is no bow or stern for the carrier, not is there a hanger. just main hull.

Plz help

Hi

Sounds very much like you have installed it incorrectly, the exact path should be    KSP/GameData/LShipPartsModern/Parts/stuff. I f it's any other way a lot of the newer parts will not load, as the filepath they use is fixed in the cfg, moving folders or incorrect installation renders all the defined paths invalid.

6 hours ago, Bitrefresh said:

Does the new version for 1.2 work in 1.2.1?

Hi, certainly does yes, no changes that affect LBP between the two versions. There have been some adjustments since the 1.2 release but I'm reluctant to force an update on everyone  for a few node tweaks and value changes only. The next update will likely be when i have the hangar storage sorted for applicable spaces

7f20dc601e587382d2cf224b13a23132.jpgHello, Now i have one problem i cant find the right part i need for the battleship,cruiser,etc and in the pictures you have already built them so can you make it were we can download the ship? So we don't have to build them.

Edited by Jacksonion

Subs no longer seem to want to surface. Only Sink
Also the latest update broke a lot of my surface crafts.
I don't have the privilege of just going back and being able to just say "oh well i ll start again" so please for the love of all that is holy stop messing with the cfgs every update and making ships previous update ships unusable  

Edited by War Eagle 1

23 hours ago, Jacksonion said:

7f20dc601e587382d2cf224b13a23132.jpgHello, Now i have one problem i cant find the right part i need for the battleship,cruiser,etc and in the pictures you have already built them so can you make it were we can download the ship? So we don't have to build them.

What part are you talking about?

1 hour ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Subs no longer seem to want to surface. Only Sink
Also the latest update broke a lot of my surface crafts.
I don't have the privilege of just going back and being able to just say "oh well i ll start again" so please for the love of all that is holy stop messing with the cfgs every update and making ships previous update ships unusable  

Update:
I fixed the subs…or at least found a work around. Why is water now considered propellant instead of its own thing?
Anyway at least that is "fixed" but the issue of my carrier and corvette isn't. Sadly thanks to this update I'm going to have to start those from scratch costing me millions of dollars in my RP game.