[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

Hey looking promising, just wondering why you have a ballast keel; right on the bow like that?  The DG hull is designed to have a light bow, under power she should sit on the widest part of the hull ,  overweight bows will cause the steering to be very savage as the long narrow bow tends to dig in and can in the right circumstances cause the ship to roll

and as I haven't posted a pic in a while

YdtPjLl.png

12 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hey looking promising, just wondering why you have a ballast keel; right on the bow like that?  The DG hull is designed to have a light bow, under power she should sit on the widest part of the hull ,  overweight bows will cause the steering to be very savage as the long narrow bow tends to dig in and can in the right circumstances cause the ship to roll

and as I haven't posted a pic in a while

for a few reasons, but the top 2, are that it looks good, and without it, it did a backwards titanic(i added a ballast tank over changing the water in the hull because it looked really cool.  it sits perfect. in the water now. i will post a few more pics tomorrow)

Edited by acerarity

12 hours ago, Komander Faul said:

naval artillery mod

does that work on 1.2.1 with the newest bda release?

*edit* i downloaded it, and im now launching ksp, and i will test it out and build a new ship

*check out my last one, on the last page* 

Edited by acerarity

My new creation, im happy at where its at so i won't change it. but its a medium attack craft, armed with a 76mm autoloader, a 20mm vulcan turret, a heat seeker missile turret, 2 quad anti ship missile pods on each side, and a ton of radar(i still need to add a flir pod)

welp, i done did it now

i present, my new (modified) creation. i changed to be more futuristic, with the dg10k 155mm guns, and a sh*t ton of harpoons and a few other treats for the little kerbals to enjoy kill everything with

i tested it against my medium attack craft, and it didn't last 2 min. on guard mode

@Komander Faul @SpannerMonkey(smce)

Edited by acerarity

11 hours ago, acerarity said:

(and yes, those are all mag cannons)

You'll be quite happy i turned of the recoil on those then, you certainly couldnt fire that lot with the recoil active, it would certainly mess up your obit :)

On 06/01/2017 at 10:36 PM, Komander Faul said:

My bad... 

Nice try, but it's never going to work on the old parts from before I took over, the texturing was ok for a plain color but absolutely useless for anything else. A lot of the newer parts have much better texture layouts so you stand some chance,  For example see below the likely texture for the new BB that will be in the next update for WW2 ships

Spoiler

m1zcfAy.png

lGni8E5.png

16 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You'll be quite happy i turned of the recoil on those then, you certainly couldnt fire that lot with the recoil active, it would certainly mess up your obit :)

Nice try, but it's never going to work on the old parts from before I took over, the texturing was ok for a plain color but absolutely useless for anything else. A lot of the newer parts have much better texture layouts so you stand some chance,  For example see below the likely texture for the new BB that will be in the next update for WW2 ships

Hide contents

m1zcfAy.png

lGni8E5.png

can't wait for this update, i have wanted to make a BB for so long but the hulls didn't fit in right and the superstructure looked like a 4 year old did it with play-doh