[WIP][1.0.5][Beta 0.1.4] N.A.N.A. Sinking About

kimiko

N.A.N.A. Sinking About

Warning this is a W.I.P

Some things I made while testing out BDArmory (and boats). It's main functionality is adding sinking support, but does some more than that. If you don't need it just delete/edit the config files.

What does it do?:

• Part Sinking Capability: Certain ship parts now have the resource "SeaWater". If the temperature of the part reaches a certain threshold and is in contact with water, it will start take on water, get heavier and eventually sink. On the other hand, if the part is not in contact with water, any SeaWater inside will leak out. If the temperature drops below the temperature threshold it will stop take on water. However, if a hull part connected to another hull part explodes the connected part will take on water permanently. Superstructure parts will start take on water if they come in contact with water.
  • Sinking Alarm: Adds a Ship alarm module which can be found under the Utilities section (copy of the Barometer). If attached to the ship, it will warn you when your ship is damaged enough to taking on water, as well as give you a warning when you have armed a weapon.
  • MK41 VLS Clipping Functionality: MK41 launchers from Malfunc Weaponry can be clipped into its parent part (e.g. the hull) without obstructing the missile inside. It also adds some fancy effects when launching. Note: The MK-49 launcher has to be attached to to the part it needs to clip through, I.e. the hull. Various fancy visual/sound effects are also added.
  • Attachment Points For Vertical Launching: Adds attachment point for vertical launching for an assortment of missiles that I often use (also includes parts from other BDArmory mods if you have them).
  • Large Boat Part Nerf: Nerfes parts in the Large Boat Parts mod.
  • Warhead Switching: Adds warhead switching for several parts.
  • Cargo bay automatic clearance disabler: RAM Launcher Turret from Malfunc Weaponry now has a built in clearance auto-disabler, for launching things that normally doesn't work.
  • Missile Guidance Switching: Adds missile guidance switching for several parts.
  • Flag: Adds the N.A.N.A. flag.

Some details:

Spoiler

There are two types of damage levels. (Default) One at 60% temperature threshold and one at 90% (critical) temperature threshold. The latter one will take on more water.

When a hull part explodes, the the connected hull part will take on water equivalent to the 90% damage level.

(NEW): As of 0.1.4 the isSuperstructure parameter has been replaced by four new parameters:

damageable : If this is set to "true" damage inflicted will cause it to sink according to the description above. This is normally set to true for all parts.

hull : If set to true, this part will sustain damage equal to the critical level. This type of damage is non-recoverable. This is typically set to true for all parts that are meant to be in contact with water and keeping the ship floating. I.e. the hull.

sponge: If set to true, this part will automatically start take on water when in contact with water, regardless of damage. This is meant for superstructure parts, and other parts that are not waterproof. Thus capsizing will make sense.

hydroExplosive: If set to true, the part in question will automatically explode after a few seconds if it is taking on water, and is fully submerged. This is meant to make to make the sea more environmental friendly for your FPS as ships sink about. Note: Should not be used on parts that are meant to be constantly under water (e.g. the engine).

The ship alarm have different depending on whether it's a hull breach or it's taking on water .

Config file Example using Module Manager:

@PART[myPart]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleSinkingAbout
		damageable = true //If this is set to "true" damage inflicted will cause it to sink according to the description above. This is normally set to true for all parts.
		hull = true  //If set to true, this part will sustain damage equal to the critical level. This type of damage is non-recoverable. This is typically set to true for all parts that are meant to be in contact with water and keeping the ship floating. I.e. the hull.

sponge = true //If set to true, this part will automatically start take on water when in contact with water, regardless of damage. This is meant for superstructure parts, and other parts that are not waterproof. Thus capsizing will make sense.

hydroExplosive = false //If set to true, the part in question will automatically explode after a few seconds if it is taking on water, and is fully submerged. This is meant to make to make the sea more environmental friendly for your FPS as ships sink about. Note: Should not be used on parts that are meant to be constantly under water (e.g. the engine). Default state is false.
		flowRate = 100 //how much water per tick will flow in/out at normal damge (breachTemp)
		critFlowRate = 200 //how much water per tick will flow in/out at critical damge (criticalTemp)
		breachTemp = 0.6 //the temperature threshold for a part to start take on water (flowRate)
		critBreachTemp = 0.9 //the temeperature threshold for a part to start take on more water (critFlowRate)
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 100000 //should be adjusted so that it will sink properly
	}
}

@PART[myPart]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleWarheadSwitcher
	}
	WARHEAD
	{
		name = Nuclear
		blastRadius = 2000
		blastPower = 300
		blastHeat = 200
	}
	WARHEAD
	{
		name = Over 9000
		blastRadius = 9001
		blastPower = 500
		blastHeat = 500
	}
}

Please use BDArmory's part config file for reference.

@PART[myPart]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleGuidanceSwitcher
	}
	GUIDANCE
	{
		name = Radar Guided
		guidanceActive = true
		missileType = missile
		homingType = Cruise
		targetingType = radar
		activeRadarRange = 10000
		maxOffBoresight = 50
		lockedSensorFOV = 5

minStaticLaunchRange = 700
		maxStaticLaunchRange = 40000

radarLOAL = true
	}
}

Please use BDArmory's part config file for reference.

Note: Temperature thresholds are between 0 and 1 (0 - 100%). And if set too low will cause it to take on water at "room temperature".

More config files may come in the future as I play around with other parts.

ChangeLog

Spoiler

Beta 0.1.1 :

• Initial Release

Beta 0.1.2

• Added sinking support for the Large Ship Parts add-on.
  • Nerfed Large Ship Parts parts to be more explosive.
  • Tweaked Maritime Pack parts.
  • Added support for superstructure parts (will take on water if in contact with water: beware of capsizing).
  • Added various effects for launching with the MK41s.
  • Buffed MK41 to withstand ship being dropped into water, and jumping bug.
  • Added right-click warhead switching (Some missiles now have a Nuclear Warhead option).
  • Added clearance auto-disabler for RAM Launcher Turret (to launch various of things that usually doesn't work when it's on).
  • Added guidance switcher for missiles (only for experimenting at this time, no part currently has it implemented, DIY).
  • Changed alarm sounds.
  • Tweaked lots of code.

Beta 0.1.3

• Guidance Switcher now works (added config files to several parts).
  • Fixed Clearance auto disabler.
  • Fixed folder hierarchy.
  • Added flag for good measure.
  • Added more SeaWater capacity for Large Boat Parts.
  • Added more Warhead Switcher config files.

Beta 0.1.4

• Added all major parts from Martime Pack.
  • Added moding flexibility (check out description).
  • Fixed some alarm warning issues.

Beta 0.1.5

• Added configuration files for NAS (made by Acea)
  • Fixed taking on water detection.
  • Added experimental module for explosive (magazine) storage (no config yet).

Required add-ons:

BD Armory

Module Manager

Maritime Pack (not necessary if you are creating your own config files)

Malfunc Weaponry (necessary if you want the MK41 launcher)

Large Boat Parts (not necessary if you are creating your own config files)

Download

Or Download

btn_donate_LG.gif?01RI=CCE60EC6D4DDB51,c

License: Reserved

Source

Edited by kimiko
Beta 0.1.5

• 2 weeks later...

New Release:

Beta 0.1.2

• Added sinking support for the Large Ship Parts add-on.
  • Nerfed Large Ship Parts parts to be more explosive.
  • Tweaked Maritime Pack parts.
  • Added support for superstructure parts (will take on water if in contact with water: beware of capsizing).
  • Added various effects for launching with the MK41s.
  • Buffed MK41 to withstand ship being dropped into water, and jumping bug.
  • Added right-click warhead switching (Some missiles now have a Nuclear Warhead option).
  • Added clearance auto-disabler for RAM Launcher Turret (to launch various of things that usually doesn't work when it's on).
  • Added guidance switcher for missiles (only for experimenting at this time, no part currently has it implemented, DIY).
  • Changed alarm sounds.
  • Tweaked lots of code.

New Release

Beta 0.1.3

• Guidance Switcher now works (added config files to several parts).
  • Fixed Clearance auto disabler.
  • Fixed folder hierarchy.
  • Added flag for good measure.
  • Added more SeaWater capacity for Large Boat Parts.
  • Added more Warhead Switcher config files.

Amazing 

Lots of people have been requesting that boats in Marinetime Pack can sink, I was going to make a sinking system just like yours but now I don't have to!

Thanks for this mod.

Oh and until I have finished updating Marinetime Pack I don't recommend you use it (It's a bit buggy because of the new buoyancy code)

The link to the Marinetime Pack development thread is in my signature.

And thanks again you have saved me tons of time.

12 hours ago, BT Industries said:

Amazing 

Lots of people have been requesting that boats in Marinetime Pack can sink, I was going to make a sinking system just like yours but now I don't have to!

Thanks for this mod.

Oh and until I have finished updating Marinetime Pack I don't recommend you use it (It's a bit buggy because of the new buoyancy code)

The link to the Marinetime Pack development thread is in my signature.

And thanks again you have saved me tons of time.

Thanks! : D

I was actually hoping someone else would make it, but alas! : p

There is something very charming about the Maritime Pack parts, so I'll leave them in for now ahaha...

10 hours ago, Azimech said:

Most excellent work!

Have you taken a look at my mods as welll?

Yeah, I had a look, but there are so many parts I'm not entirely sure yet where to start applying the configs for the add-on (not to mention which parts to "remove"/reconfigure for getting rid of redundancy). I'll be looking into it!

Nice. I kinda figured someone would make a damage system. Id like to see where this mod will go.

I did away with the current VLS hull parts. I'm gonna make a better hull part for VLS use. Also I'm going to nerf all parts accept the large hull parts and carrier parts. If someone wants a battleship they can use the big parts. Anything smaller wouldn't have as much armor.

Expect some submarine parts sometime soon also.

2 minutes ago, kimiko said:

I was actually hoping someone else would make it, but alas! : p

There is something very charming about the Maritime Pack parts, so I'll leave them in for now ahaha...

Yeah, I had a look, but there are so many parts I'm not entirely sure yet where to start applying the configs for the add-on (not to mention which parts to "remove"/reconfigure for getting rid of redundancy). I'll be looking into it!

Let's talk about it, I'll send you a PM. :-)

I've updated WW2 Warships to 0.5 and therefore I'm rebuilding some designs. I'll let you know when I've uploaded them to KerbalX.

BB: roughly the same size as the Montana class (295m), 55kton, 6 large boilers, 4 large turbines, total 50MN thrust, flank speed 27kn (14.1m/s).
CVA: with the same hull, 45kton, flank speed 31kn (16m/s).
CA: 16kton, 6 medium boilers, 4 medium turbines, total 20MN thrust, flank speed 33kn (17m/s).

25 minutes ago, Laythe2 said:

Nice. I kinda figured someone would make a damage system. Id like to see where this mod will go.

I did away with the current VLS hull parts. I'm gonna make a better hull part for VLS use. Also I'm going to nerf all parts accept the large hull parts and carrier parts. If someone wants a battleship they can use the big parts. Anything smaller wouldn't have as much armor.

Expect some submarine parts sometime soon also.

Awesome, can't wait for that! : D

Also, a bit of topic, are there coming any shorter versions of the Modern Superstructure Front? I'd love to make an Aegis lookalike. xD

17 minutes ago, Azimech said:

I've updated WW2 Warships to 0.5 and therefore I'm rebuilding some designs. I'll let you know when I've uploaded them to KerbalX.

BB: roughly the same size as the Montana class (295m), 55kton, 6 large boilers, 4 large turbines, total 50MN thrust, flank speed 27kn (14.1m/s).
CVA: with the same hull, 45kton, flank speed 31kn (16m/s).
CA: 16kton, 6 medium boilers, 4 medium turbines, total 20MN thrust, flank speed 33kn (17m/s).

Awesome! I'll check it out when it's available. If you put it very clearly in the description/title/etc. what constitutes a "hull part"(are in contact with water) and what is a "superstructure part" (should not be contact with water) it would help immensely with adding this mod. There is an issue with hull internal parts since they are neither hull parts nor superstructure parts, yet are in constant contact with water (because of how KSP physics work), but I'll add flexibility for that in the next update.

1 minute ago, kimiko said:

Also, a bit of topic, are there coming any shorter versions of the Modern Superstructure Front? I'd love to make an Aegis lookalike. xD

Awesome! I'll check it out when it's available. If you put it very clearly in the description/title/etc. what constitutes a "hull part"(are in contact with water) and what is a "superstructure part" (should not be contact with water) it would help immensely with adding this mod. There is an issue with hull internal parts since they are neither hull parts nor superstructure parts, yet are in constant contact with water (because of how KSP physics work), but I'll add flexibility for that in the next update.

Well I take requests. Next update ill make a shorter version. I'm kinda wanting to make a whole bunch of parts that people can use to build up their own superstructures instead of premade parts. Any ideas on what I should make?

34 minutes ago, Laythe2 said:

Well I take requests. Next update ill make a shorter version. I'm kinda wanting to make a whole bunch of parts that people can use to build up their own superstructures instead of premade parts. Any ideas on what I should make?

Awesome!!!

Not sure, apart from the hull, superstructure and engine, I always end up making some kind of antenna/conning tower, a stack (chimney) and a bridge-looking thingy. Anything in that category that doesn't involve using dozens of smaller parts (which is how I'm doing it now) would be delicious! : D

Edit: (yes, I got an age old computer xD).

Edited by kimiko

44 minutes ago, kimiko said:
2 minutes ago, kimiko said:

Awesome!!!

Not sure, apart from the hull, superstructure and engine, I always end up making some kind of antenna/conning tower, a stack (chimney) and a bridge-looking thingy. Anything in that category that doesn't involve using dozens of smaller parts (which is how I'm doing it now) would be delicious! : D

Edit: (yes, I got an age old computer xD).

Yeah, me too. My pc can hardly handly 400+ parts. My mods need way to many parts for 1.0.5. But I always build for the future. Apparently there are those having no problem with 1500 parts and really want to use my carrier & battleship designs.

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

Yeah, me too. My pc can hardly handly 400+ parts. My mods need way to many parts for 1.0.5. But I always build for the future. Apparently there are those having no problem with 1500 parts and really want to use my carrier & battleship designs.

Unbelievable....

At least I have many cores, but that doesn't really help with anything in KSP...

So I was intrigued by this mod and gave it a shot. But now all the missiles I have in my VLS tubes (long and short. Quad packed ESSMs in the short ones, Tomahawks in the long ones.) are rendered useless. I can't select 'istubeloaded' to make it true, and so the VLS's open, but nothing fires. My SeaRAM as well, has been rendered useless, nothing fires. What have I done wrong? Everything else seems to have applied correctly, so how can I fix this?

Edit: I should add.. if I re-do the missiles, the same thing happens. New placement of VLS tubes with new packed missiles results in being unable to use the missiles.

Edit 2: Removed the clearance checks and general patches configs, and things are back to normal. As an addendum, one shot from a 5" gun obliterated the entire Trimaran hull. (It immediately disappeared.) I think that's too nerfed, if you ask me.

Edited by XOC2008

15 hours ago, zacharii said:

Seems to not appear in-game, nor in the parts file within the mod. Am I missing something like an maritime patch?

Did you install Module Manager and the Maritime Part pack?

12 hours ago, Acea said:

It's time to write a patch file for NAS. I'd send you full content once I finish it.

Awesome! That would be wonderful : D

3 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

So I was intrigued by this mod and gave it a shot. But now all the missiles I have in my VLS tubes (long and short. Quad packed ESSMs in the short ones, Tomahawks in the long ones.) are rendered useless. I can't select 'istubeloaded' to make it true, and so the VLS's open, but nothing fires. My SeaRAM as well, has been rendered useless, nothing fires. What have I done wrong? Everything else seems to have applied correctly, so how can I fix this?

Edit: I should add.. if I re-do the missiles, the same thing happens. New placement of VLS tubes with new packed missiles results in being unable to use the missiles.

Edit 2: Removed the clearance checks and general patches configs, and things are back to normal. As an addendum, one shot from a 5" gun obliterated the entire Trimaran hull. (It immediately disappeared.) I think that's too nerfed, if you ask me.

From your description it doesn't sound like you're doing it any different from what I have done. isTubeloaded should be true if any missile is attached to any of those two launchers. Perhaps you've encountered some sort of bug? Do you have a log, or a picture? Perhaps that could clear things up a bit.

Removing the generalpatches file removes the clipping functionality, yes.

Which 5" gun are you referring to? I may have to take a look at it. I've nerfed the hulls in reference to stock(BD) weapons and stock(Squad) parts, as well as a few other mods, since I assume most mod-makers uses the same reference point. It can take a whole barrage of ESSMs already(which I still think is a bit too much). You can of course go in the patch file for Large Boat Parts and increase the temperature.

6 minutes ago, kimiko said:

Did you install Module Manager and the Maritime Part pack?

Awesome! That would be wonderful : D

From your description it doesn't sound like you're doing it any different from what I have done. isTubeloaded should be true if any missile is attached to any of those two launchers. Perhaps you've encountered some sort of bug? Do you have a log, or a picture? Perhaps that could clear things up a bit.

Removing the generalpatches file removes the clipping functionality, yes.

Which 5" gun are you referring to? I may have to take a look at it. I've nerfed the hulls in reference to stock(BD) weapons and stock(Squad) parts, as well as a few other mods, since I assume most mod-makers uses the same reference point. It can take a whole barrage of ESSMs already(which I still think is a bit too much). You can of course go in the patch file for Large Boat Parts and increase the temperature.

I have missiles in the tubes, and they don't say they are tubeloaded. (I'm on my laptop, no log or pictures at the moment, so I'm going to try and explain as best I can.)

I unzipped the NANA folder into Gamedata, as I do everything else, and nothing seems to function. The tubes clip into the Large Boat Parts Pack hulls fine without explosive consequences for me, so I don't need the function in the generalpatches file. But the missiles don't say they are tubeloaded: true, and don't fire. (If I remove that portion of the config file, they work fine.)

The 5" gun I'm referring to is from the MTW(Master Tech Weapons) mod, and destroyed the hull completely in one shot.(The gun itself may be too powerful, so that one is likely on me.) I added some heat tolerance, but instead of taking on water, they just took 3 shots instead of one, and then exploded and were completely destroyed.

I reloaded the default hull config file from NANA and changed to a mk 45 deck gun. It took 6 shots and then simply exploded and was destroyed, but never took on water.

The alarm didn't make any noise at all.

I have not checked missiles yet, since I am reloading the game after a crash. (And dealing with a fussy baby!)

I really want this to work for me, I think it will add a great deal of fun into my game, I just hope it can be figured out.

Warhead and guidance switching work fine.

44 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

I have missiles in the tubes, and they don't say they are tubeloaded. (I'm on my laptop, no log or pictures at the moment, so I'm going to try and explain as best I can.)

I unzipped the NANA folder into Gamedata, as I do everything else, and nothing seems to function. The tubes clip into the Large Boat Parts Pack hulls fine without explosive consequences for me, so I don't need the function in the generalpatches file. But the missiles don't say they are tubeloaded: true, and don't fire. (If I remove that portion of the config file, they work fine.)

The 5" gun I'm referring to is from the MTW(Master Tech Weapons) mod, and destroyed the hull completely in one shot.(The gun itself may be too powerful, so that one is likely on me.) I added some heat tolerance, but instead of taking on water, they just took 3 shots instead of one, and then exploded and were completely destroyed.

I reloaded the default hull config file from NANA and changed to a mk 45 deck gun. It took 6 shots and then simply exploded and was destroyed, but never took on water.

The alarm didn't make any noise at all.

I have not checked missiles yet, since I am reloading the game after a crash. (And dealing with a fussy baby!)

I really want this to work for me, I think it will add a great deal of fun into my game, I just hope it can be figured out.

Warhead and guidance switching work fine.

About the VLS issue, it's a bit of a mystery at the moment. At least you don't need the clipping functionality : D

About the sinking part, when you right-click a boat part there are supposed to be a number of "SA: [some text]: true/false" are any of them true? If everything is false or if there is nothing is coming up when you right-click, I suggest you re-download and re-install the add-on.

12 minutes ago, kimiko said:

About the VLS issue, it's a bit of a mystery at the moment. At least you don't need the clipping functionality : D

About the sinking part, when you right-click a boat part there are supposed to be a number of "SA: [some text]: true/false" are any of them true? If everything is false or if there is nothing is coming up when you right-click, I suggest you re-download and re-install the add-on.

Yeah all I see when I right click a part is the electric charge, fuel, and the seawater amounts. (The latter of which still doesn't change.) There aren't any other entries, no SA: anything. (And this will be my 3rd download and install! :) )

And here it is, the NAS adapting patch. I've made it as simple as possible.

@PART[NAS_BB_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		hydroExplosive = true
		flowRate = 8
		critFlowRate = 25
		breachTemp = 0.75
		critBreachTemp = 0.9
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}
@PART[NAS_CL_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		hydroExplosive = true
		flowRate = 2
		critFlowRate = 8
		breachTemp = 0.75
		critBreachTemp = 0.9
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}
@PART[NAS_CA_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		hydroExplosive = true
		flowRate = 3.2
		critFlowRate = 12.5
		breachTemp = 0.75
		critBreachTemp = 0.9
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}
@PART[NAS_DD_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		hydroExplosive = true
		flowRate = 1
		critFlowRate = 5
		breachTemp = 0.75
		critBreachTemp = 0.9
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}
@PART[NAS_TP_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		flowRate = 1
		critFlowRate = 5
		breachTemp = 0.5
		critBreachTemp = 0.75
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}
@PART[NAS_AA_DD_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		hydroExplosive = true
		flowRate = 1
		critFlowRate = 5
		breachTemp = 0.75
		critBreachTemp = 0.9
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}
@PART[NAS_AA_SC_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		hydroExplosive = true
		flowRate = 0.8
		critFlowRate = 4.2
		breachTemp = 0.75
		critBreachTemp = 0.9
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}

Edited by Acea

There's a plethora of damage systems now in play - now if this and others could combine with @EnzoMeertens KKS and @BahamutoD's BDA into a single, unified damage system, which covers progressive loss of lift, structural strength, buoyancy, melting, leaking, sinking, fire etc., all with visual scorching, denting and actual structural bending (transforming nodes and surface attachments), that would be very, very good.

Edited by colmo

On 16-3-2016 at 3:58 AM, Acea said:

And here it is, the NAS adapting patch. I've made it as simple as possible.

@PART[NAS_BB_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		hydroExplosive = true
		flowRate = 8
		critFlowRate = 25
		breachTemp = 0.75
		critBreachTemp = 0.9
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}
@PART[NAS_CL_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		hydroExplosive = true
		flowRate = 2
		critFlowRate = 8
		breachTemp = 0.75
		critBreachTemp = 0.9
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}
@PART[NAS_CA_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		hydroExplosive = true
		flowRate = 3.2
		critFlowRate = 12.5
		breachTemp = 0.75
		critBreachTemp = 0.9
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}
@PART[NAS_DD_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		hydroExplosive = true
		flowRate = 1
		critFlowRate = 5
		breachTemp = 0.75
		critBreachTemp = 0.9
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}
@PART[NAS_TP_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		flowRate = 1
		critFlowRate = 5
		breachTemp = 0.5
		critBreachTemp = 0.75
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}
@PART[NAS_AA_DD_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		hydroExplosive = true
		flowRate = 1
		critFlowRate = 5
		breachTemp = 0.75
		critBreachTemp = 0.9
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}
@PART[NAS_AA_SC_*]:NEEDS[NAS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		hull = true
		damageable = true
		sponge = false
		hydroExplosive = true
		flowRate = 0.8
		critFlowRate = 4.2
		breachTemp = 0.75
		critBreachTemp = 0.9
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SeaWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0
		isTweakable = false
		hideFlow = true
	}
}

I'm not so sure about exploding turrets. I certainly wouldn't use it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.