Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

1 hour ago, Renegrade said:

Yes, moar news please!  :D

News is HypeCoal to the HypeTrain!  And I guess HypeWater too...

We don't need any HypeWater, we can just use the HypeSmoke!

34 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Which is currently all we have to work on, which is probably why the HypeTrain is barely keeping ludicrous speed.

Nah, we don't even have that! The HypeCoal ran out a couple days ago.

2 minutes ago, nlancaster said:

I am begining to doubt the realism of this "supposeded" 1.1

I needs it!!

Give it to me now!

lol

Yeah, my hype for this update is reaching points where I spend nearly all of my freetime fantasizing about it...

IUAFHosduf. GIMME 1.1!

As usual, the updates are nice. But could Squad please, please, consider stock hinges? Pretty please? I mean, we have landing gear, we have a boatload of rocket engines, etc.  Just a couple, basic hinges.

And no, hinges aren't on the "Planned Features" list.

4 hours ago, borzwazie said:

As usual, the updates are nice. But could Squad please, please, consider stock hinges? Pretty please? I mean, we have landing gear, we have a boatload of rocket engines, etc.  Just a couple, basic hinges.

And no, hinges aren't on the "Planned Features" list.

I have been asking for such parts for years. It would spark so much creativity as these parts can be used for countless of purposes. To me something like hinges and ball bearings would be the best update since .18 with the docking port addition.

For some reason squad now seems to just release prefab parts like fully featured bays with doors that really does not have much othe purposes. Having individual parts like hinges, ball bearings would let you make your own cargobays while also giving you the option to use your imagination to use these parts for other creations. This goes against what squad wanted for the game in the past, so I dont see why they just dont release more parts like this instead of the countless of prefab stuff. The sad thing is that they even planned to release ball bearing function through tweakables and that feature was even hidden away and could be unlocked by editing config files since .25 and was disabled due to bugs that could crash the game when using timewarp. Was said that it would be enabled in the near future but instead it was completely forgotten about, which makes me wonder if it was made by one of the devs that they let go of.

2 hours ago, boxman said:

I have been asking for such parts for years. It would spark so much creativity as these parts can be used for countless of purposes. To me something like hinges and ball bearings would be the best update since .18 with the docking port addition.

For some reason squad now seems to just release prefab parts like fully featured bays with doors that really does not have much othe purposes. Having individual parts like hinges, ball bearings would let you make your own cargobays while also giving you the option to use your imagination to use these parts for other creations. This goes against what squad wanted for the game in the past, so I dont see why they just dont release more parts like this instead of the countless of prefab stuff. The sad thing is that they even planned to release ball bearing function through tweakables and that feature was even hidden away and could be unlocked by editing config files since .25 and was disabled due to bugs that could crash the game when using timewarp. Was said that it would be enabled in the near future but instead it was completely forgotten about, which makes me wonder if it was made by one of the devs that they let go of.

I agree with everything you just said except the "for some reason." There is a very good reason they haven't done it: It's buggy, and nobody has figured out how to make it not be so. Infernal Robotics is a mod. You install it and read the disclaimer and when you reload your ship and it looks like something Salvador Dali would paint, you accept that as your mistake because you are using mods and went against what the modder said. If that happens in the stock game? You (rightfully) get mad at Squad for selling you a buggy game.

I would expect the very next update after the bug gets fixed, to contain multiple hinge parts.

I have just read all 20 pages of posts in this hype thread, and I noticed something.... Everyone gained entry to this hype train using a ticket with the same serial number....

Yes..... you better get nervous and run.... because.....

"Smithers.... RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!!"

OK..... you want  gossip about what is in 1.1 to feed the hype.... here you go....

A stock TARDIS.... capable of time travel..... THAT is sure to break any and all games....

A new Kerbal.... in fact, a Kat..... Karfield Kerman the Kat!!! He wanders around the KSP complex looking for mice...sorry... Kice.

Each time he catches one, Valentina's bust gets bigger.....

Now excuse me.... you people that didn't pay.... sucks to be you.... I'm the stowaway.... I'm safe enough.

:)

Edited by kiwi1960

1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

I have just read all 20 pages of posts in this hype thread, and I noticed something.... Everyone gained entry to this hype train using a ticket with the same serial number....

Yes..... you better get nervous and run.... because.....

"Smithers.... RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!!"

OK..... you want  gossip about what is in 1.1 to feed the hype.... here you go....

A stock TARDIS.... capable of time travel..... THAT is sure to break any and all games....

A new Kerbal.... in fact, a Kat..... Karfield Kerman the Kat!!! He wanders around the KSP complex looking for mice...sorry... Kice.

Each time he catches one, Valentina's bust gets bigger.....

Now excuse me.... you people that didn't pay.... sucks to be you.... I'm the stowaway.... I'm safe enough.

:)

Fake tickets? Whaa? Don't be ridiculous, those were perfectly good tickets, we just reused them! They don't have names on them so that's okay! Right? Right??

TUCK AND ROLL!

I'm only half-hyped.

hBUve2E.png

Hyped about:
- Unity 5 / 64 bit
- better calculation of orbit lines / maneuver nodes
- KSPedia
- new wheel physics
- part searching
- the inflatable heat shield

De-hyped about:
- no GP2
- no antenna relay network / antenna range
- no delta-v display (not even in editor)
- no new science experiments
- no fuel dumping
- no assistance for modular planetary bases (adjustable landing gears / wheels, you must drive them together and hope it will fit somehow)

2 hours ago, Perry210174 said:

- no fuel dumping

- no assistance for modular planetary bases (adjustable landing gears / wheels, you must drive them together and hope it will fit somehow)

Fuel dumping would be really nice (and would be trivial to implement), and I've been maintaining for a long time that the core game needs KAS/KIS for maximum EVA and base-building enjoyment.