Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

1 hour ago, jediminer543 said:

We need moar hype

It's still easter.

Available hype time reduced by hiding/finding easter eggs, spend time with family and/or drinking rocket fuel and then recovering from family and/or rocket fuel.

No worries, hype will happen, in due time ;)

Edited by Curveball Anders

Watching Das Valdez's Twitch stream, two new things have appeared:

Orbital intersects now show the relative velocity as well as the seperation.

Apparently antennas, at least the Communotron 16s, have colliders now, and are about as springy and indestructible as the landing gear.  IOW, now we can make landing legs for probes! :)

16 hours ago, Laguna said:

Matorolgnika on KSPTV yesterday used it on an Eve entry (not aerocapture, but atmo entry):

https://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/v/56740978

Atmo entry sequence starts at 2:40:00

Thanks for the link! Crazy stuff, perhaps the drag properties will be tweaked a little in the coming weeks.

I still want to know though... does it float? Presumably it should, being inflatable, but you never know.

Hoping to see an announcement about the open beta soon - perhaps not today though, being a holiday and all.

Edited by Kerano

4 minutes ago, X-SR71 said:

Any word of 1.1 coming out this week or the next? I need to plan ahead a vacation so I don't have to skip work just like when 0.90 came out!

Unlikely. It's still in experimentals, and there will likely be a week or two of "prerelease" testing after that before 1.1 drops officially.

8 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Unlikely. It's still in experimentals, and there will likely be a week or two of "prerelease" testing after that before 1.1 drops officially.

Would it be presumptuous to assume suspect or posit STEAM users will get their hands on a "prerelease" testing version of 1.1 this week or next?  Usually (judging by releases since .21 when I started following/playing KSP) the media team streams start the weekend before "release" (or STEAM "prerelease" testing perhaps in this case).

Edited by Ignath
Clarifying verbiage, assume probably not the best word to convey my meaning

3 hours ago, parv kerman said:

all of these tickets have same codes. Did you notice that?

That's by design. This way, our browsers only have to cache one image the Hype Train can more easily schedule its stops at all stations simultaneously and at all times, while still traveling at Hype... er... speed.

1 minute ago, Ignath said:

Would it be presumptuous to assume STEAM users will get their hands on a "prerelease" testing version of 1.1 this week or next?  Usually (judging by releases since .21 when I started following/playing KSP) the media team streams start the weekend before "release" (or STEAM "prerelease" testing perhaps in this case).

To assume it? Yes, that would be presumptuous. To guess that maybe it'll happen? Sure. Go ahead :)

5 minutes ago, Ignath said:

Would it be presumptuous to assume STEAM users will get their hands on a "prerelease" testing version of 1.1 this week or next?  Usually (judging by releases since .21 when I started following/playing KSP) the media team streams start the weekend before "release" (or STEAM "prerelease" testing perhaps in this case).

I also remember a couple of versions where streamers had access to a version the weekend before release to the public. Well, here's to hoping! 

4 minutes ago, Ignath said:

Historically that does seem to be the pattern, but there has been no official release date for the prerelease yet. I'm reluctant to guess for fear that people would interpret it as an announcement. :) 

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

Historically that does seem to be the pattern, but there has been no official release date for the prerelease yet. I'm reluctant to guess for fear that people would interpret it as an announcement. :) 

Completely understandable...anything coming from a moderator just HAS to be a SQUAD-based announcement, right?!? /end sarcasm