Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

On 3/25/2016 at 11:39 AM, 5thHorseman said:

I don't have a link or anything but I distinctly recall that being asked and answered: Yes. Your near approaches to Duna won't suddenly vanish just as you get them down near the atmosphere.

I take this back. Jump to about 18:15 in this video and watch for about 10 seconds.

:(

Edited by 5thHorseman

1 hour ago, FancyMouse said:

Now I want to check these when 1.1 comes to me...

*snip*

This should be a seperate thread :D

1. Pants.

2. Bladder control.

3. Coffee.

4. SSSSppppppaaaaaaacccccceeeeeee.

On 24/3/2016 at 7:04 PM, pandaman said:

Why?

The open beta is of interest to ALL of us, not just those actually participating.  And just because we may not be testing doesn't mean we can't help by asking questions and pointing stuff out if we see it.

So we can know when the open beta starts and when the open beta is over without having the thread be consumed, so we only get notified about actual changes in status.

1 hour ago, CuAnnan said:

So we can know when the open beta starts and when the open beta is over without having the thread be consumed, so we only get notified about actual changes in status.

If you mean purely as a means of communication to the pre release testers to let them know when a new build is available etc, then I do see your point, though I don't think it needs another thread other than the dedicated pre release thread that will be created anyway.  If there is one thread for people to follow there will be less risk of confusion, as everyone will be looking in the same place for information and it's easier to keep everyone updated as there is only one place to post the info.

1 minute ago, sp1989 said:

Two questions. Percentage chance 1.1 is released this week? And Does the 64 bit include Mac?

Soon™ percent chance of release this week (which is pretty good.. I think?).   I believe they stated "64-bit for all platforms" earlier too.  Then again, I'm a bit confused as to why Macs aren't already 64-bit as they're rather similar to Linux (which already has 64-bit Unity support).... Sure, a mach-derived microkernel is just a bit different from the monolithic design of the Linux kernel, but you're still taking like POSIX and OpenGL and sockets and glibc and such (even if it has a more BSD-type flavor)...

28 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

Two questions. Percentage chance 1.1 is released this week? And Does the 64 bit include Mac?

0% chance of 1.1 release, but I would say even a 60% chance of the pre-release before wednesday, and a 95% pre-release chance sometime this week

If you go to Twitch right now and search everyone playing KSP, lots of randoms are playing 1.1. So is the entire experimental team now doing public streams or releasing SS as seen above? Or is there a way to get the 1.1 prelease that isn't just opting in on Steam. Cause it's weird that random people who are not on the media team, are not regular Kerbal streamers, and have no following are streaming 1.1. Do I have to go get 2 people to watch me Twitch stream to get access?

3 minutes ago, JohnF said:

If you go to Twitch right now and search everyone playing KSP, lots of randoms are playing 1.1. So is the entire experimental team now doing public streams or releasing SS as seen above? Or is there a way to get the 1.1 prelease that isn't just opting in on Steam. Cause it's weird that random people who are not on the media team, are not regular Kerbal streamers, and have no following are streaming 1.1. Do I have to go get 2 people to watch me Twitch stream to get access?

How do you know they aren't part of the media team?  The team's pretty big these days... Is there anybody in specific who's definitely not on the team streaming 1.1?

20 hours ago, Laguna said:

Apparently antennas, at least the Communotron 16s, have colliders now, and are about as springy and indestructible as the landing gear.  IOW, now we can make landing legs for probes! :)

Hmmm.... can I stab a kerbal through on Duna now?

2 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

Less experimentals, moar pre-release damn it!

Well, they need to get it stable and sorted enough so that the pre release testers can find more of the weird unusual stuff.

The more they can fix before pre release the better 'value' the pre release period will be as the players will be able to do more and get into more situations to find more little bugs that slipped through.

55 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

How do you know they aren't part of the media team?  The team's pretty big these days... Is there anybody in specific who's definitely not on the team streaming 1.1?

If only there was a place to see who the media team is, at this moment. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I take this back. Jump to about 18:15 in this video and watch for about 10 seconds.

:(

I share the feeling. :(

Rune. I'm reduced to general "KSP 1.1" searches on youtube, and vids are indeed popping up by semi-random people.

Just now, KerbonautInTraining said:

I fear somebody may have leaked a beta build if there's just random people streaming it. 

(Not saying this is what happened, just speculation)

If you meant OnnerbySO he's a new member of the media-team. The rest of the people i saw 4 were all well known folks.