Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

3 minutes ago, MoeslyArmlis said:

When watching the new loading screen and then began to wonder why there are not all four kerbals.

8jHiII8.gif

Jebidiah was not located for the promo shot.

Jeb is piloting the rocket, clearly. 

3 hours ago, MoeslyArmlis said:

When watching the new loading screen and then began to wonder why there are not all four kerbals.

Because you don't need two pilots on the same mission? :) 

Personally I'm considering editing my save file so's to not have any of the title cast in it...

After a quick scan on the bug tracker (and ordering a new pint in the diner) I've decided to update my release date prediction.

My new date is no sooner than april 12:th, most likely april 19:th.

/me settles back and nurses his new pint

Edited by Curveball Anders
lack of brain function

6 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Hard to hype something that everybody but I can do.

I'm here with you @5thHorseman. Another KSP old timer who bought the game before Steam I think? I will try to maintain my patience for the full 1.1 release because, while buying a second copy through Steam might be an acceptable show of support for Squad who sincerely owe me absolutely nothing, booting up into Windoze would be so, so depressing :(

2 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

I'm here with you @5thHorseman. Another KSP old timer who bought the game before Steam I think? I will try to maintain my patience for the full 1.1 release because, while buying a second copy through Steam might be an acceptable show of support for Squad who sincerely owe me absolutely nothing, booting up into Windoze would be so, so depressing :(

Steam works just fine on Linux. (and presumably mac too.) Don't feel too bad though - I haven't even got into it yet, because I'm trying to track down a bug on the start menu.

2 minutes ago, Kaa253 said:

I use Steam fine (qualified) on Linux. I thought that a Linux version of the 1.1 beta was not going to be made available? Didn't Squad say Windows version only?

Don't think so? The highest priority bug on the tracker is one that stops the 32 bit linux client from starting. The announcement just said "steam only" - nothing about Linux.

When I said:

14 hours ago, BLUESTREAK said:

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

I was not expecting such a literal response from @SQUAD! Ah, gaming on the mac. I think I'll wait a couple of weeks :)

(Just to qualify my statement - this game is STILL brilliant; well done on such a massive update!)

Edited by BLUESTREAK
Merging posts

18 minutes ago, Sophistry said:

Hmm. Surely there's a way of setting 64-bit in the launch options? (but I've no experience with it x_x)

Just make a desktop shortcut to the x64 executable. Or launch directly from the KSP directory.

(I ninja'd a mod! Am I in trouble? :P)

Also has anyone else noticed that Kerbals do NOT like getting stuck under the ruggedized landing gear? It's nearly impossible to get them out.

Edited by KerbonautInTraining