Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

I am playing 1.1. I can't help squad though, cuz I had to install Kerbal engineer. Sorry, squad. It's tough to handle not knowing my deltav.

But so far no crashes anyway, no game breaking bugs, just the usual pre 1.1 stuff you probably already know about (sometimes not being able to create a maneuver node for example, happened once).

Kerbal engineer works, thank God. 

Edited by EliasDanger
Damn autocorrect

20 minutes ago, Mjp1050 said:

Anyone want more HYPE? Danny just released his take on 1.1!

Frankly, I'm glad that I can't download the pre-release at this point.

Oh quit worrying, danny can break anything. It's actually very stable and only crashes occasionally (NEVER in flight, only in menus or VAB/SPH), and without specifically trying to I haven't ever run into in flight bugs anything like this

It's already great for me, I can actually have reasonably high part count ships without my game crapping out on me!  Now if Kerbal Joint Reinforcement would just update so I don't need a billion struts...

People, if your posts keep "mysteriously" disappearing from this thread, it is because they are off-topic and/or break the rules in some other way. Do not drag arguments from other threads into this one. 

I've been watching lots of 1.1 videos, and I find it really difficult to see the orbits with the new "make the orbit line really fat behind you and really thin in front of you" feature. I hope things are a lot easier to see when actually playing the game (as opposed to watching videos), because it's always the part of the orbit out in FRONT of me that I need to interact with (add manever nodes, see if its touching other orbits, etc)...not the part behind me.

13 minutes ago, Brotoro said:

I've been watching lots of 1.1 videos, and I find it really difficult to see the orbits with the new "make the orbit line really fat behind you and really thin in front of you" feature. I hope things are a lot easier to see when actually playing the game (as opposed to watching videos).

It is easier playing it yourself - YouTube tends to darken videos quite a bit - especially with thin stuff on a dark background, Twitch seems to do the same; just an artifact of the compression I guess. It would be nice if it was a little brighter but it works :)

EDIT: screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/J2jpzWA.png

Make sure to view it at full res (1600x900)

Edited by armagheddonsgw

And I've met my first hilariously (data already sent on to Squad) bug.  Be careful when trying to land on a planet- or at least Duna, I dunno if it includes others yet.  I turned on infinite propellant for a few to and tried to land myself on Duna..  And some sort of trigger got flipped I guess, around 20km.  You know how you pick up a bit of speed as you fall to a surface, gravity and all?  I started falling so hard and fast that I was gaining enough speed to recreate my orbit.  It got so bad that I kept picking up speed at an exponential rate, within seconds I was going over 3000m/s, and around 4.5k m/s I blew up from overheating!  Reloading an in-atmo quicksave gave me a respite but it happened twice more before I was able to land.

e: but I was able to fly a 226 part ship all the way to Duna with only a few brief lagspikes, which only happened when the aerodynamics kicked in, so I don't even care! :D

Edited by Kershu5

14 hours ago, Fredbear12returns said:

Here's a tip:

When the parachute icon turns red(All of it), it's destroyed

When the icon is partially red, it's unsafe to deploy. If deployed, this will lead to a amount of you raging.

When yellow, it's risky. This means that there is a chance of it getting destroyed.

Then right click the parachute, you'll see a menu. on the top is the name of the parachute. Find the part where it says Ok to deploy. If it says safe, you can deploy it.

Hope this helps.

Thank You, I will try this now.

Edit: I tried it but they keep getting destroyed by aero forces and I can't land anything it's so annoying. Is there a mod i could use?

Edited by MagicPotato694

3 hours ago, Alkem said:

I love that mods are already becoming 1.1 compatible... especially my 'go-to' parts from SpaceY and visuals like Scatterer! 

Many modders have access to the experimentals, so they started adapting their mods weeks ago.

So we'll have lots of converted, tested and functional mods when we get out grubby little mits on 1.1 :)

Hype is increasing!

I tried building/launching a 250+ part rocket designed to fling Jeb out of the solar system at 20km/s. 

The first stage was way better than before, but staging away the ~90 parts in the boosters caused a 4 second freeze (yes, I counted the seconds as it happened).

Really hope that's fixed before release. 

Wow! The performance is way better! I had a 500 part station back in 1.0.5 I was geting 1-2 FPS now in 1.1 I'm getting a steady 25 FPS.

HYPE!!!

Edited by Dfthu

6 hours ago, MagicPotato694 said:

Edit: I tried it but they keep getting destroyed by aero forces and I can't land anything it's so annoying. Is there a mod i could use?

In order to keep from clogging up this thread with troubleshooting parachutes, maybe start a new thread in the gameplay questions sub forum? 

Or search around in that forum for similar questions that have already been asked, there are several. 

3 minutes ago, jediminer543 said:

Also where is the HYPE???

It would seem the train has slowed as a result of prerelease. I would expect it to kick back into high gear as release draws nigh...

6 minutes ago, jediminer543 said:

Where do I submit bug reports?

For the pre-release, here. Make sure to read the wiki page (link is along the top bar of that page) before posting a report though.

Edited by armagheddonsgw

10 hours ago, MagicPotato694 said:

No, no mods.

Then idk what to do.

Edited by Fredbear12returns