Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

18 minutes ago, jediminer543 said:

Does the hype train have the annoying PSAs that go something like the following:

"To reduce the number of security announcements, please keep all belongings at all times"

If there are, I haven't seen/heard any :)

FULL SPEED AHEAD! :D

Work had me bogged down, so I couldn't get on the train. If there's no seats left I'll stand in the middle line. If that's full too - then I'll climb onto the roof. If the roof is full..

Undercarriage? O_o

31 minutes ago, TimePeriod said:

Work had me bogged down, so I couldn't get on the train. If there's no seats left I'll stand in the middle line. If that's full too - then I'll climb onto the roof. If the roof is full..

Undercarriage? O_o

A lot of people seem to have gotten off at the pre-release station. There's plenty of space :)

14 minutes ago, jediminer543 said:

How can we incentivise people to get back on.

Quere es the hype

It'll probably happen on its own as full release draws nearer - maybe after the next devnote tuesday? That should be an interesting read going by the bug tracker.

In the meantime,

MOAR HYPE!!!

36 minutes ago, Spaceboy720 said:

I keep seeing things about seeing in cockpits, is this a thing, How?

Yes, this is a thing.  I don't know how it works.

Happy Hypey landings!

Edited by Starhawk

Well, looks like I have just got myself a hype train ticket. Once we pass 1.1 station I am going to disembark at the Kerbal Ship Port, so I can see my new couple kilometer long aircraft carrier launch without blowing up and flinging pieces out at earth escape velocity (Earth escape, not kerbin)

I got KSP on steam so I could get the pre release.  Sorry.  :blush:  Because I was late to it, I'm on a video conference instead of getting off of the train.  HYPE!

My report from Steam Pre Release Station 1.1: i7 5820K 32GB running Windows 7p

It looks different, it feels different, all in ways that seem better.  'Crisp and responsive', 'handles well' are some cliches that come to mind.

Sideslipped lining up the runway in a delta wing with perhaps too much yaw control from 2 stock tailfins (the full control surface ones), it seemed more like a 'real' flight sim (a game trying to provide smooth realistic flight with no lag!).  For me everything about flying is different because there seems to be no lag at all even on very high settings.

Right click is no longer the source of all evil in the universe.  OMFG YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hype appears to actually be lacking compared to the reality.  Not kidding!

I have been a huge critic of KSP lately, and stopped playing altogether a few months back.  This is exactly what KSP needed to get me back into it.

Edited by interface

I finally got my hands on a copy of that there snazzy new 1.1 prerelease and man. It's nice.

My 400-part Grand Tour ship DID cause the timer to go into the yellow, but the seconds ticking down were very close to 1-per-acutal-second.

Granted that was with no mods, and in particular without KER which is essentially required for me, but still.

THE HYPE IS BACK.

8 hours ago, jediminer543 said:

Does the hype train have the annoying PSAs that go something like the following:

"To reduce the number of security announcements, please keep all belongings at all times"

"Kick Back, Relax, DO NOT go sideways or upside down, DON'T put your fingers between the couplings or they'll get pinched. No climbing up the walls. Here we go!"

(slight variation on the announcement before a certain amusement park ride)

3 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Something I find hilarious is that Danny just got the pre-release and the first thing he did was break the game. Classic Danny.

In fairness, it's not exactly difficult to break a game that's still in beta testing - that is kind of the point - and Danny specializes in breaking the game :P. I've certainly seen (and reported) my fair share of bugs. No crashes yet though, not counting replicating other people's bugs :).

But yeah, Danny's stuff is always fun :D.