Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

9 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I have so far found 3 bugs in the 1.1 prerelease, and all 3 were previously reported on the bugtracker.

I'm a bit despondent that I'm "not helping" but it's nice to see such an active bug-finding community. I'm of course on the outside of all of this but it really looks like this public beta thing is so far going quite well.

With the way rate bugs are being reported and being addressed what do you think the ETA will be? Please don't say Soon. Would you say a week or two until an officali release? 

4 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

Please don't say Soon.

SoonTM

Would you say a week or two until an officali release? 

Very likely.

With the way rate bugs are being reported and being addressed what do you think the ETA will be? Please don't say Soon. Would you say a week or two until an officali release? 

I won't say "Soon" but I will say I am not a software developer, don't work for Squad, have never written a professional game program, and have not participated in beta releases enough to even remotely guess in any way that would be better than yours. My opinion on the matter is worth just about as much as anybody else's, and my opinion is that it'll be some time in the near future, probably less than a month but I wouldn't be surprised if it was more.

(that by the way is the long form of the word you don't want me to say)

1 hour ago, sp1989 said:

The pre-release is supposed to last 2 weeks. It started just over a week ago... you can probably do the math.

How often are people having crashes?

I'm running modded and have had about 2 in the past week; The pre-release may be more stable when modded than a stable modded version

Edited by jediminer543

2 hours ago, jediminer543 said:

How often are people having crashes?

I'm running modded and have had about 2 in the past week; The pre-release may be more stable when modded than a stable modded version

I'm running with very few mods (< 10) and I've not had a single crash for 2 years (as of yesterday actually).

36 minutes ago, Kuansenhama said:

Choo! Choo! It's Tuesday, and that means we're getting a Devnote!

Yey!

But before people let the hype control them, remember that Squad's 'office hours' (when they ever bothered with that) is UTC -6.

So they have at least 5-6 hours more to release them :)

And write a nice poem ...

Anyway, we're one week closer to release, whenever that'll be :)

(I tried to compute "soon" - "1 week", but the result was NaN ...)

4 hours ago, vsully said:

Wonder what the dev-notes will be today :D

Also, this is a really slow hype train... I think that moar boosters are required...

With the addition of my catch up rocket it is now accelerating at a huge amount.

Hmmm, I haven't seen the driver in days.

I think he's up in the engine with his laptop playing 1.1!

Proud user of the KSP Store and rider of the hype train.

Happy landings!

Edited by Starhawk

Hm, it's pretty late for a devnote. Definitly would be interested what kinds of conclusions Squad wants to draw out of the 1.1 till yet, and if they think the release after two weeks is gonna hold.

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

Proud user of the KSP Store and rider of the hype train.

Happy landings!

Viva la KSP Store!!

Edit: The KSP twitter just posted

We're midway through pre-release

Pre-release was on March 29, today is April 5. That's a period of 7 days. Release on April 12?

Edited by K3achas

1 hour ago, RA3236 said:

With the addition of my catch up rocket it is now accelerating at a huge amount.

Outstanding, great work. The train is now doing over 1153 m/s at current rate.

I'm curious...where did Squad say the release of 1.1 would come 2 weeks after pre-release?  I remember them saying that pre-release would last 2 weeks, but for the life of me I can't remember where they said it'd be an immediate release after the 2-week testing period.

24 minutes ago, Korvath85 said:

I'm curious...where did Squad say the release of 1.1 would come 2 weeks after pre-release?  I remember them saying that pre-release would last 2 weeks, but for the life of me I can't remember where they said it'd be an immediate release after the 2-week testing period.

This opt-in branch will run for just under two full weeks before the targeted release date of the final update.

I'm actually kind of surprised he put it that straightforwardly. Doesn't leave much room for "Soon". :)