Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

3 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

To hype, or not to hype: that is the question:
Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
Exploding wheels and graphic glitches,
Or to take arms against a sea of bugs.

And by reporting end them.

Edited by RCgothic

5 minutes ago, kenbobo said:

Wasn't it supposed to be 2 weeks from pre-release date? Should it not be coming out today?

The first announcement by Ted said that. The next one by Kasper was more careful (emphasis added):

• Q: How long will the pre-release last?
    A: Roughly two weeks, unless we encounter serious bugs.

We don't know whether SQUAD considers any of the current bugs serious, so it could be today, or it could be later.

I am very hyped, but I, too, would be very, very surprised if it was released today.

34 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

We don't know whether SQUAD considers any of the current bugs serious, so it could be today, or it could be later.

There are currently 2 'Critical' and 16 'High' priority issues listed on the tracker.  Only one of these is listed as 'Ready to Test'.

Happy Hypey landings!

6 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I am very hyped, but I, too, would be very, very surprised if it was released today.

There are currently 2 'Critical' and 16 'High' priority issues listed on the tracker.  Only one of these is listed as 'Ready to Test'.

Happy Hypey landings!

Well, I said recently that they may have fixed the problems already and are preparing a release version, not bothering with updating the tracker.

But either way, my money is on Yuri Gagarin/Shuttle day. (today)

Also, keep in mind one of these bugs we can't fix, it's a unity bug. (Pulse Audio Linux.)

And the other bug is on one OS. Seeing as how Squad had no problem excluding KSP Store people, I don't see why they couldn't delay a Linux release.

I know I sound like a terrible person, but hey.

Edited by kenbobo
Other critical bug explanation

As much as I want 1.1 today I want it, in its 'released' form, in a stable, playable, state even more.

I could handle a few smaller issues slipping through and then a fix/patch in a few days or next week. But a repeat of the multiple hot fixes in a very short time after 1.0 would be far from desirable. 

6 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Quite true, but since "serious" and "critical/high" are not exactly the same word, I figure it's up to SQUAD to tell us whether they're meant to be equivalent, rather than spreading expectations among ourselves that might not pan out. Up to now we have no commitments from them that imply that any specific situation in the bug tracker implies or precludes an immediate release.

51 minutes ago, kenbobo said:

Wasn't it supposed to be 2 weeks from pre-release date? Should it not be coming out today?

I doubt it, given the number of bugs still to sort. 2 weeks was a guesstimate, a guesstimate about an unknown level of work involving software, so one thing is certain; the guestimate was wrong. 

25 minutes ago, KerbonautInTraining said:

I would be very, very surprised if they released it today.

Looking at the number of open reports on the tracker, I think I'd be a bit disappointed as well. 

Petition to delay 1.1 anyone? :P

Agreed. There's over 200 confirmed bugs open in the tracker and at least 70 are marked as high, but I won't read too much into the priority ratings, they're a bit dependent on who logged the bug (I tend to give pretty low ratings, others might give higher), #7753 for example, which causes the terrain to get distorted and is pretty easy to make happen, is marked as low.  And that's not been addressed yet, so they've still got a lot of work to do, not for a moment saying they've not been working hard, lots have been addressed and improvements made. It's just software; painstaking, time consuming and very hard to predict!