Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

34 minutes ago, Kuansenhama said:

bAYmdbm.png

Chugga Chugga Chugga Chugga Chugga

I guess I can kill the time until release by writing that essay I have due.

Why would you do that when the Hype Train could achieve a hyperbolic trajectory any moment now*?

*Do not follow this advice, I doubt that the release will happen today, with all of these bugs that need to be fixed. Essays are important. Do essay.

Why don't give to all the chance to try it ?

If bugfixing require months or a new version of unity we have to wait years first to try it out ?

By now 1.1 is not more bugged than 0.23 or 0.24, 0.25, 0.90, 1.0, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04 or 1.05, they can release a playable 1.1 and after take their time for fix all the bugs, is player choice if they want update to 1.1 or play 1.05

Just now, RA3236 said:

We have two hours until Devnotes Wednesday, @GregroxMun should we start preparing to stop the train?

It is not possible to stop the train! It will continue to gain speed until it crashes into the brick wall that is the 1.1 release, only then will it succumb to the laws of physics..... 

Just now, worir4 said:

It is not possible to stop the train! It will continue to gain speed until it crashes into the brick wall that is the 1.1 release, only then will it succumb to the laws of physics..... 

We have brakes, after all it is a train...

But I'll think we'll turn my booster around.

T-1h 50m

4 minutes ago, kenbobo said:

Um. Devnote hour has come and gone, according to my records.

Don't panic...:D

Sometimes it's this early, the other 'Daily Kerbals' tend to be a bit more punctual as a rule, but the Devnotes are usually a bit later than the others, sometime by quite a bit.  

Just now, pandaman said:

Don't panic...:D

Sometimes it's this early, the other 'Daily Kerbals' tend to be a bit more punctual as a rule, but the Devnotes are usually a bit later than the others, sometime by quite a bit.  

It's out.

No good news.

1 hour ago, Badsector said:

By now 1.1 is not more bugged than 0.23 or 0.24, 0.25, 0.90, 1.0, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04 or 1.05, they can release a playable 1.1 and after take their time for fix all the bugs, is player choice if they want update to 1.1 or play 1.05

With the current state of build 1196, this is simply not true. It looks like an update is on the way, but the problems with fairings are not included in the roadmap for the current next pre-release, so those are unlikely to be fixed by it. Wheels in 1196 cause spontaneous disassembly of planes, jittering while sitting on the runway (much worse in physics warp), and several other issues. Fairings currently do not shield their payloads, have issues with their colliders, and can make it impossible to launch craft if you forget to build them (as well as break the size calculation).

The state of updates before 1.0 isn't really important either; it was an alpha or beta at the time (depending on the particular release). None of the 1.0.x versions were even close to this bad on launch (though 1.0.0 was pretty rocky, admittedly).

But that's enough negative stuff. This is the hype thread :). Pre-release update and/or devnote hype? :D

Well...  At least the devnotes arrived on time...

Disappointing news, but not a surprise, and the right decision IMO.

The release isn't 'pushed' back, they are PULLING it back further - like an arrow in a bow - so when they do release and let it fly it will carry the hypetrain forward at even higher velocity.

What a piece of hype is this train! How noble in hope!
How infinite in ignorance! In hype and trolling how
express and laughable! In action how like a booster!
In apprehension how like a pod! The beauty of a rocket!
The paragon of Kerbals!

-- William S Kerman

1 hour ago, kookoo_gr said:

well i don't mind the release being pushed back, this gives me time to beat the final boss at dark souls :P

Indeed. It looks like this 1.0.5 career save will be going to Eeloo after all!

Well i would want a stable delayed release than a rushed release with tons of bugs. Also sad Dr. Turkey left too :(

Edit Page 100!

Edited by Dfthu