Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

4 hours ago, Starhawk said:

I've been looking at the bug tracker periodically, and I think that maybe, just maybe, we've passed through max bug.  Now we'll really start to get moving.

Release is definitely smelling closer!

Happy Hypey landings!

The release is soon! YEAH!

Hype Log; Day 43: The strength of the hype is too much, I am going to being overexcited by all the hype. I have to find way to make the hype stronger, to make the train go faster.

Train's Current Location: Unknown

Speed: Unknown

Edited by Fredbear12returns

7 hours ago, Fredbear12returns said:

Speed: Unknown

I had a conversation with the HypeKraken, who broke our NavBall. The speed is cc, and the train will not stop until it gets to the brick wall of KSP 1.1 Release

My hype is steadily increasing as I just spent two days away from my gaming rig for social reasons (as in a woman who's plans didn't include me playing KSP).

But since browsing the forums (and the bug tracker) was still possible I'll play the 'Ye Olde Ex Project Manager"-card and hope that we'll get 9-10 more days of Hype.

All my ongoing saves in 1.0.5 is kind of in a stable state and might survive migration, and I just spent about 4 hours optimising, tweaking and repeating the design and launch profile of my bog standard 'Progress' supply ship (or rather the lifter stage to get about 30 tons of payload into a 75x75 orbit).

I'd still rather spend the next 10 days tweaking designs/profiles and performing endless trials then get 1.1 before it's ready.

Rather late and good than now and broken.

--

There was two male rabbits, one young and one old, sitting on the top of a hill looking down over the field below where several female rabbits was grazing.

- Let's run down and get one each! Said the young rabbit.

The older rabbit sighed and shook his head.

- Nono, let's walk down and get all of them ...

-- Aesop Kerman

Hype has left me completely. I have been playing a lot of Hearts of Iron 3 and KSP and 1.1 seems like the norm (Ik it's a pre release for Steam still). I'm still excited for real 1.1, but honestly I just don't see myself hyped like you guys anymore. I might have to consider jumping off. My banjo in the coal cart no longer helps me. Or maybe I can try dubstep on my banjo.

3 hours ago, OndrikB said:

I had a conversation with the HypeKraken, who broke our NavBall. The speed is cc, and the train will not stop until it gets to the brick wall of KSP 1.1 Release

Correction: our speed is now cc*c*G64

6 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

Hype has left me completely. I have been playing a lot of Hearts of Iron 3 and KSP and 1.1 seems like the norm (Ik it's a pre release for Steam still). I'm still excited for real 1.1, but honestly I just don't see myself hyped like you guys anymore. I might have to consider jumping off. My banjo in the coal cart no longer helps me. Or maybe I can try dubstep on my banjo.

Most people on the hype train bought KSP from the KSP store.

4 minutes ago, K3achas said:

Correction: our speed is now cc*c*G64

Most people on the hype train bought KSP from the KSP store.

Ik. Can't wait until everyone gets it so 1. We're all happy, and 2. No more, "the heck SQUAD us store buyers secondary custmores xdddddd" threads. Don't forget updated mods!

20 hours ago, touzenesmy said:

cc*c*G64

That will take me forever to calculate, but at least i have somthing to kill my time.

EDIT: Calculator says ERROR.

So i have to multiply 299792458 89875517873681764-times with 299792458 BY HAND.

Edited by OndrikB

On 4/15/2016 at 7:57 PM, Sophistry said:

Can anyone link me to where the planned Antenna Diversity and Range system was talked about? (I know it's not coming this update. Trying to decide if I should download Remotetech or not :P

You can read a bit about it here: 

That's over 6 months old though, not sure how much has changed since then.

The HYPE IS REAL!!!! I've been testing the pre-release for now, and I'm very happy with the improvements. I'm really excited for this build and all the mods that I will use when its finally released. I will wait as long as necessary though to ensure a stable build. I'd hate to see a 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 - 1.1.5 release shortly after because there were still bugs left to iron out. Take your time Squad, you are doing a great job and we appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, Yellowburn10 said:

...Hype for release this week...?

My uneducated guess: Frantic coding session on wheels and legs this week, one or two more prereleases, then full release on Friday, then one or two hotfix releases over the following 2 weeks. They're getting close, but there are still important fixes left that will need testing and potentially another pass of tweaking.

I'm back, after my hypersleep since entering Plaid Factor 4 and I must say, I sniff the prerelease coming tomorrow or anytime soon. [DAZED LOOK ON FACE] Since I've been asleep, I've also been sleep-binge-playing KSP 1.1 and realizing that it's not really fun playing 1.1 when there's bugs everywhere, including the return of the Hell Kraken, this time, striking every rocket I launch in my new 1.1 unmodded save game. If I am to appease the Kraken again, I will feed it 11 kerbals (11 for 1.1) to see if it will have mercy on me and my rockets. In other news, the Hype Kraken has returned with a friend, the NaN kraken, and we no longer have an idea of the true speed of the train unless my estimate of being at Plaid Factor 4 or 4.5 is still correct. The Hype Train NavBall's speedometer reads: NaNNaN.

Buckle up Boys!!! It's gonna get real bumpy right about now!!!!