Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

2 hours ago, Temeter said:

WOW!!

I was thinking you'd be able to see in through windows, but cutaways... SQUAD, this is stupendous. You've found something I always wanted but didn't know I wanted it. And it looks like you did it in a very smart way, finding a switch somewhere in Unity to draw all the IVAs as an overlay.

Anyone at liberty to try this with a plane cockpit in flight?

9 minutes ago, ezequielandrush said:

PD: internal views broke hype-o-meter. It went out of scale. Buying a new one...

Just reverse the polarity and route the forward warp couplings through the deflector dish. That should impede the baryon flow enough that the tachyon field will rephrase the hype to a measureable scale.

8 minutes ago, KerbonautInTraining said:

I wonder if there are any other features like this that we haven't heard about....

I'm sure there are. When it's finally released (not that open beta/prerelease business, but the real thing) I plan on going through the change log with a very fine toothed comb to find all the goodies that didn't get mentioned anywhere else. 

I am mainly hyped about the change to Unity 5 and the optimizations under the hood. It used to be that the primary limits on my space program were my available time, and my imagination. More recently, the limits have had more to do with technical issues (primarily lag and memory) combined with my level of patience. I am very much looking forward to the needle swinging back the other way again.

Just now, KerbonautInTraining said:

My guess is the screenies demonstrate IVA's will now be visible through windows. 

That is one hell of a leap but if true yay! Extra lag but yay! Also I have a feeling this is just the mod that is WIP for navigable IVAs. No word from @SQUAD on this so it's the mod until an official announcement.

Just now, KerbonautInTraining said:

The IVA is already rendered in flight to show the crew in the bottom right.

(I think)

Yeah but that pic shows all pod IVAs at once. Have you seen any official word on those pics? It could mean Squad have picked up that Navigable IVA mod, which would be ace!

16 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

The see though pods is cool and all but why? There is no movement of Kerbals between them so again, why? Just for screenshots? Meh.

I heard it is going to be compatible with Connected Spaces mod, so Kerbals will be able to roam freely. Even if it is not, it would be great to see which module Kerbal(s) are in especially for a crew transfer.

Just now, Majorjim said:

Yeah but that pic shows all pod IVAs at once. Have you seen any official word on those pics? It could mean Squad have picked up that Navigable IVA mod, which would be ace!

The bottom right does show all IVA's, as indicated by performance dropping proportionally to crew count. 

Also there's a mod that gets rid of the face cams, supposedly it improves framerates quite a bit on things like passenger jets.