Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

Just now, Charlie the Kerbal said:

I heard it is going to be compatible with Connected Spaces mod, so Kerbals will be able to roam freely. Even if it is not, it would be great to see which module Kerbal(s) are in especially for a crew transfer.

Yeah I guess that would be helpful. I guess. I think my man flu is reducing my hype levels.. too.. much.. cynicism..

the pic was presented by Das and on stream you could see it had the 1.1 style UI before it got cropped. Also was RT by KSP twitter, so legit 1.1.

but yeah, another case of a mod proof of concept becoming stock? Neat

Edited by kujuman

Just now, kujuman said:

the pic was presented by Das and on stream you could see it had the 1.1 style UI before it got cropped. Also was RT by KSP twitter, so legit 1.1.

but yeah, another case of a mod proof of concept becoming stock? Neat

That mod has so much promise, I hope it bears juicy sweet fruit.

Wow, I think the cutaway view will add a new level of immersion that we never even knew we were missing! even if you can't interact TOO too much with it, it sorta turns a station from "there are Kerbals in a static can here" to "this is my crew in this space station doing space things/on a mission etc"!

Riding the rails of the...

dCiKhQV.jpg

I've not spent a lot of time playing the game over the last few months (just a couple of challenge entries and some artwork), so looking forward to the big update.

So is Jeb.

Edited by purpleivan

23 hours ago, CliftonM said:

o32VVFd.png

IS THAT NOT ENOUGH FOR YA? MY FELLOWZ KERBALZ, SCREAM AT THE TOP OF YOUR TINY LUNGS!

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Panting ensues*

THAT WAS A GOOD AMOUNT OF HYPE I SAY! *whew* I FEEL FAINT...

4 hours ago, Majorjim said:

The see though pods is cool and all but why? There is no movement of Kerbals between them so again, why? Just for screenshots? Meh.

Well, this new function is actually based on pizzaoverhead's FreeIVA 

In all seriousness I think the open beta will start the week after next week. 

They said experimentals usually take about 2 weeks, it's been nearly a week since they started, and this is a much bigger update than usual.

After that open beta is scheduled to last 2 weeks. Then, the hype train reaches the station.

Edited by KerbonautInTraining

1 minute ago, KerbonautInTraining said:

In all seriousness I think the open beta will start the week after next week. 

They said experimentals usually take about 2 weeks, it's been nearly a week since they started, and this is a much bigger update than usual.

So yeah. 2 weeks from now? Then the open beta is scheduled to last 2 weeks. After that, the hype train reaches the station.

I think at least 3 more weeks, and then release on the following tuesday (all sane companies, this time including Squad, release on tuesdays), so my money is on 5/4.

But I'm never right :)