Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

39 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

It's actually really good practice - you learn a lot about skid control doing that.

I've been driving since I was a little kid on my grandpa's farm. Doing skids and spins and all sorts of schmancy driving is in my blood :cool:

Not to poop on Squad but it was about time, the game has been seriously needing an update to the game engine and the physics. I honestly can't be the only one who feels 1.0 was very rushed after only one beta release, can I?

Edited by KasperVld
bad language filter

3 hours ago, Thraken said:

Hay guyz, ware is the "one point 1 ruint KSP 4 me" thread?  Am I too early?

Nope.  It would help if you had specific complaints, but "none of my mods are updated yet, I'm quitting KSP" is already available.

I'm just wondering if the rocket-building UI (we were told there was a UI overhaul) will work better.  That's all I ask.  (I'm running an AMD-FX8320 chip as well.  Lousy single thread performance in hopes that "8*" threads will work better.  But give me a better means of adding structs any day.)

* only 8 by AMD's optimistic counts.  And don't expect physics simulation to play well while sharing the floating point unit.  But it needs all the help it can get considering how bad each individual core is.

I'm waiting for the bug fixes - fixed fairing body lift, interplanetary atmosphere fixes (Jool aerobrake, Duna chute deploy speed) and so on. That fairing issue flipped a launch on me earlier today.

1 hour ago, officialmugi said:

Not to shᴉt on Squad but it was about time, the game has been seriously needing an update to the game engine and the physics. I honestly can't be the only one who feels 1.0 was very rushed after only one beta release, can I?

So 1.0 was rushed and buggy, and to fix that they should have rushed 1.1?

I do agree with you that 1.0 was rushed. I think this upcoming update is the first that could really be called a release candidate. It should be 0.99 maybe, with the next full update after Unity 5 being "KSP 1.0."

But 1.1 rushed? No way. You can't pull bread out of the oven early and you can't release software before it's ready.

1 hour ago, KasperVld said:

bkDN4xo.png

Choo Choo!

Ok, Kasper, level with us- how long have you been saving that picture? The engine nacelles are from a difference build, but it seems relatively recent, due to the Mk.3 parts. I'm guessing 1.0?

2 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Ok, Kasper, level with us- how long have you been saving that picture? The engine nacelles are from a difference build, but it seems relatively recent, due to the Mk.3 parts. I'm guessing 1.0?

it's one of the results if you google Hypetrain :mellow:

Just now, KasperVld said:

it's one of the results if you google Hypetrain :mellow:

Is this the thread we point out cheaters? ;) I thought to myself - that's incredible... then when I saw your post... hmmm.... :P

32 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

Actually you can pull a bread out the oven to early, it tends to be a bit soggy in the middle.

Yes and a watched pot will eventually boil, it just takes a long time.

Edited by 5thHorseman