Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

13 minutes ago, armagheddonsgw said:

Can I just say I LOVE the new editor, with scrolling and such. SO much faster to build things.

@SQUAD Y U NO do this years ago!?!

Because it was part of the UI and they weren't revamping that until this update, because they knew they'd have to anyway to upgrade to Unity 5.

Just now, 5thHorseman said:

Because it was part of the UI and they weren't revamping that until this update, because they knew they'd have to anyway to upgrade to Unity 5.

Specifically the scrolling, and I said years ago - long before unity 5 was released for example.

4 minutes ago, armagheddonsgw said:

Specifically the scrolling, and I said years ago - long before unity 5 was released for example.

Well years ago there weren't enough parts to need it. And back then the game wasn't complete so any work on an otherwise working (albeit poorly) system was not efficient work.

Edited by 5thHorseman

1 minute ago, 5thHorseman said:

Well years ago there weren't enough parts to need it. And back then the game wasn't complete so any work on an otherwise working (albeit poorly) system was not efficient work.

You know 0.23.5 was 2 years ago, right? :P This was a problem then.

Just now, ezequielandrush said:

Me, in my acute hyped state... having finished download the pre 1.1 and installed my favorite mods and started the game and loaded the save and.....

Really, did you expect that to work on day one? :P

To Install (the beta from steam) or not to install (the beta from steam), that is the question. Shall I risk delving into such an unstable beta? Or shall I continue the Minmus base I started making earlier, or the station I built yesterday and put in Minmus orbit today, without KSP 1.1?

14 minutes ago, armagheddonsgw said:

Really, did you expect that to work on day one? :P

Oh... not at all... I just love watch things go boom...

10 minutes ago, LaytheDragon said:

To Install (the beta from steam) or not to install (the beta from steam), that is the question. Shall I risk delving into such an unstable beta? Or shall I continue the Minmus base I started making earlier, or the station I built yesterday and put in Minmus orbit today, without KSP 1.1?

I am in the exact same dichotomy...

22 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Hard to hype something that everybody but I can do.

Well, the KSP Store buyers are quite a majority of the community. There's still the actual 1.1 coming up, so..