Stock queSST

Hi !

I don't know if you guys heard about the new Nasa Dryden project to build a quieter supersonic plassenger jet. Lockheed Martin is designing this demonstrator called queSST16-022-supersoniccontract_0.jpg?itok=xlS

I found the look super nice and tried to recreate it on vanilla KSP. I'm open to any improvement suggestions. Here is my creation :

You can find this craft here KerbalX

Edited by Andiron

I would use a fairing for the nose and also a tailcone leading up to the front of the canopy and away from the back, it's hard to get the taper right for noses with stock tailcone peices, because they are shaped differently IRL, you can angle the fairing a bit to more closely represent the lines. The main wing may need a bit more slant, the one in the picture almost reaches the cockpit. For the ends of the radial tanks, try radial intakes instead they can give you a smoother blend back into the fuselage. I don't have a good picture of my F4 showing this but it works with a bit of rotating.

I thought about trying a couple of these myself when I saw that article

Edited by selfish_meme

4 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I would use a fairing for the nose and also a tailcone leading up to the front of the canopy and away from the back, it's hard to get the taper right for noses with stock tailcone peices, because they are shaped differently IRL, you can angle the fairing a bit to more closely represent the lines. The main wing may need a bit more slant, the one in the picture almost reaches the cockpit. For the ends of the radial tanks, try radial intakes instead they can give you a smoother blend back into the fuselage. I don't have a good picture of my F4 showing this but it works with a bit of rotating.

I thought about trying a couple of these myself when I saw that article

Thanks for the tips !

I have a problem with fairings as a linux/potato user, the texture is very bad like this.

25 minutes ago, Andiron said:

Thanks for the tips !

I have a problem with fairings as a linux/potato user, the texture is very bad like this.

It looks like you are not using the proprietary driver for your graphics card. I can see that would be a good reason not to use fairings though you are missing out on a fair amount of building flexibility.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.