[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

I notice a few people are experiencing issues with crew transfers. I've also had trouble trying to use Ship Manifest with Connected Living Space to transfer through two connected AAM-0.5 Docking Ports (connecting a Mk1-2 Command Pod and a Mk1 Lander Can). Ship Manifest will say the two pods are in the same space (though not always initially), but the transfer will fail. If I replace the ports with stock docking ports the transfer works fine. Is this just an incompatibility with HabTech and CLS?

4 hours ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

Is there a way to add a fourth node to Z1, opposite the "side" (as seen in the VAB) docking port?  

Luckily this is very easily done by editing the .cfg file for that particular part, there is a lot of info that can be found on editing  .cfg files around, all you need is notepad (although I highly recommend notepad++ it's free and very easy to use and makes things a lot easier).

I highly recommend any one that really wants to use a lot of mods get familiar with .cfg files and Module Manager syntax, their lay out is fairly simple and really easy to read once you know what you are looking at. It will open all kinds of doors for you, it makes getting multiple mods to work together a lot easier, you can configure your own parts in case you need something very specific that a mod doesn't have, you can tweak parts to fit your specific play style or situation. It's great :D

I did manage to get the piece docked (after spinning one away when the booster hit it - D'oh!).

I'm familiar with the old version, where one had to specify location and orientation, but I'm not sure how to do the same on the new system.  Can you point me to a tutorial?

4 hours ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

I did manage to get the piece docked (after spinning one away when the booster hit it - D'oh!).

I'm familiar with the old version, where one had to specify location and orientation, but I'm not sure how to do the same on the new system.  Can you point me to a tutorial?

Nodes can still be defined the old way, however I don;t know if the two can be mixed.

15 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

@benjee10 Care to add some parts from ETS when you're done with your current plans? More specifically the Freedom Space Station trusses as well as the box that it's mounted to the core.

challenger-sml.jpg?cache=

(In case you don't feel like looking for it in the linked page...)

I second this! If you have the time and desire it would be really cool.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with HabTech or the game, but has anyone gotten career contracts to rescue a Kerbal who spawns in a HabTech part but when you get to it the part is empty?The astronaut complex shows the Kerbal in the list in the stowage module and the contract says I have already saved him, but he simply doesn't exist.

This has not happened before and the fact it was a HabTech module led me to believe it was an incompatibility with the part (perhaps since the part has no doors).

Edited by Bobe

There's a few more ISS things that should be added before we worry about other ideas, in my opinion.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten to play with this in 1.1 yet because the KSP Store is broken for me, so I don't know what the latest version of this is like. Anyway, I have a bit of feedback, and ignore it if it no longer applies.

I'm still hoping for the truss/Destiny attachment piece that I've been asking about. Heh. 

I'm also rather confused as to how to build the truss exactly. As in, what do I use to put between the solar panel parts to space them properly? There seems to be no truss of the right size, as well as no docking port. Am I missing something? The short hexagonal pieces are too thick and clip into the panels while they rotate.

And as far as a small request, are you considering BEAM, or ESPs for KIS?

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

On 25 April 2016 at 2:27 AM, VenomousRequiem said:

@benjee10 I made you a thing.

Cheers man! Will include in the next release!

On 25 April 2016 at 10:51 AM, Bobe said:

I notice a few people are experiencing issues with crew transfers. I've also had trouble trying to use Ship Manifest with Connected Living Space to transfer through two connected AAM-0.5 Docking Ports (connecting a Mk1-2 Command Pod and a Mk1 Lander Can). Ship Manifest will say the two pods are in the same space (though not always initially), but the transfer will fail. If I replace the ports with stock docking ports the transfer works fine. Is this just an incompatibility with HabTech and CLS?

Currently looking into this issue but I think the likelihood is it's a KSP bug that I can't really fix. 

On 25 April 2016 at 7:53 PM, AdmiralSirJohn said:

23 hours ago, Akira_R said:

Nodes can still be defined the old way, however I don;t know if the two can be mixed.

I'm pretty sure nodes can be defined the same as they always were with coordinates even if they have some nodes using the new system. I don't want to include an extra node as default since one of the sides is taken up with the reaction wheels.

21 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

@benjee10 Care to add some parts from ETS when you're done with your current plans? More specifically the Freedom Space Station trusses as well as the box that it's mounted to the core.

challenger-sml.jpg?cache=

(In case you don't feel like looking for it in the linked page...)

I plan on adding some parts similar to that to DIRECT since giant 3.75m hab parts and such seem more appropriate there!

4 hours ago, Bobe said:

I'm not sure if this is an issue with HabTech or the game, but has anyone gotten career contracts to rescue a Kerbal who spawns in a HabTech part but when you get to it the part is empty?The astronaut complex shows the Kerbal in the list in the stowage module and the contract says I have already saved him, but he simply doesn't exist.

This has not happened before and the fact it was a HabTech module led me to believe it was an incompatibility with the part (perhaps since the part has no doors).

I think there might be a way of excluding certain parts from contracts like that which I will look into.

4 hours ago, Thraken said:

I recently downloaded this mod, and I really like it.

I'll be interested to see where this goes next.  (Russian ISS segments?)

Tantares provides excellent Russian ISS parts!

2 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

There's a few more ISS things that should be added before we worry about other ideas, in my opinion.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten to play with this in 1.1 yet because the KSP Store is broken for me, so I don't know what the latest version of this is like. Anyway, I have a bit of feedback, and ignore it if it no longer applies.

I'm still hoping for the truss/Destiny attachment piece that I've been asking about. Heh. 

I'm also rather confused as to how to build the truss exactly. As in, what do I use to put between the solar panel parts to space them properly? There seems to be no truss of the right size, as well as no docking port. Am I missing something? The short hexagonal pieces are too thick and clip into the panels while they rotate.

And as far as a small request, are you considering BEAM, or ESPs for KIS?

With KIS & KAS now updated for 1.1 it should be reasonably easy to replicate the destiny attachment point using existing docking ports and KAS pipes & struts. The solar panel spacer pieces are the 1.875m hexagonal trusses! 

BEAM is a maybe, ESPs is a yes!

1 minute ago, onlinegamesz said:

I really like this mod but for me some parts are a bit more grey then the others, this is a known issue?

habtech.jpg

I have no idea why that's happening, but the parts which are dark seem to be the ones with the KSP specular shader rather than the diffuse one. I'm not running the latest version yet but currently steam is downloading it so I shall see if it's a compatibility issue there!

10 hours ago, benjee10 said:

I think there might be a way of excluding certain parts from contracts like that which I will look into.

Strange, I assumed the game could automatically determine which parts had seats and doors.

I cant seem to use your pretty cupola for the contracts that require cupolas on ships/bases. Any way I can modify the part or the contracts to allow for that? It is by far the best looking cupola part i found, so i would like to use it. 

cheers