[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

The one station pack that does things a bit differently (and I apologize for throwing out all these names to other packs, I'm just trying to provide reference points) is the KSO station pack. It's parts have a lot of doo-dads and baubles on it, complete with little name tags that same "Hello, I'm the Kerba-Lab" (okay slight exaggeration, but I rather like that feature:sticktongue:). I'm not saying go that far, as I think it would destroy the visual aesthetic you've worked hard to create, but maybe a little "flair" like on your reaction wheel module piece. It's still largely grey, has a dash of color (red) and isn't entirely smooth/flat (wheel doo-dads raised). That's kind of what I had in mind, scattered throughout, on the more important pieces (labs, habs, and such; cupola is probably fine). Don't want to overdo it, just sprinkles:). My .02 cents, which might not even be worth that much.

The trusses are neato by the way, and it's hard to get too excited about trusses usually.

Have you considered making a single version of your solar panel, akin to the way KOSMOS did it? I think it would be useful, especially for those of us who wish to build our own P5 and S5 trusses, instead of having it built into the solar array truss :wink: 

Hi! Love the look of this mod, but I have a slight problem: if I connect any docking ports to a Cygnus trunk, I just simply cannot dock with it. Everything's facing in the right direction, but there's no magnetic pull together at all. Is this supposed to happen?

@benjee10

Have you considered adding some truss joint parts?  something like a cube, but using your great truss design?

Some part(s) like that would be real helpful for what I am trying to build.

Love this pack. Great stuff.

Cheers.

Ok, this thread is moving so fast, so apologies if this question has already been asked and answered.  

The C0l-um8u5 biology lab... 

It has a resource converter to produce 'medicine'.

I can't seem to find any information on this resource at all.  The lab is related to USI-LS mod, but medicine doesn't seem to be a component in that mod.

Could some kind person point me to a reference for this resource or tell me what does please. :)

9 hours ago, Chippy the Space Dog said:

Ok, this thread is moving so fast, so apologies if this question has already been asked and answered.  

I can't seem to find any information on this resource at all.  The lab is related to USI-LS mod, but medicine doesn't seem to be a component in that mod.

Could some kind person point me to a reference for this resource or tell me what does please. :)

Ok, so.. that didn't warrant a reply but I did some digging and deployed a test station to the runway to see what all stuff does, and I understand now that there's a process of taking 'Samples', converting them to 'Processed Samples' which in turn converts to 'Medicine'.  which it looks like you're meant to ship back to Kerbin for resale. Cool!

Will need containers of course that can carry them. :)  

It would be cool as well if the original 'Samples' were themselves a lab output, such as Eurekas from Station Science or maybe actual collected Surface Samples could be used. 

10 hours ago, Chippy the Space Dog said:

Ok, so.. that didn't warrant a reply but I did some digging and deployed a test station to the runway to see what all stuff does, and I understand now that there's a process of taking 'Samples', converting them to 'Processed Samples' which in turn converts to 'Medicine'.  which it looks like you're meant to ship back to Kerbin for resale. Cool!

Will need containers of course that can carry them. :)  

It would be cool as well if the original 'Samples' were themselves a lab output, such as Eurekas from Station Science or maybe actual collected Surface Samples could be used. 

PS - I think there's a zero missing from the cost of the biology lab.  450 Kerbal bucks.  

Oops, sorry for double post!

Edited by Chippy the Space Dog
Apologiy

Actually, sorry to be a pain, but I seem to have a pricing bug with 2 of the parts. 

The columbus lab cfg file shows a price of 4,000.  When I look at it in the VAB its part lists as 450.  When I actually add it as first part of vessel the vessel shows a cost of -79,550

The Thermal lab cfg shows as a price of 6,000.  Listed in VAB as 1,500, and when made 1st part of vessel, vessel cost displays as -34,500.

The materials lab and all other parts don't seem to have a problem for me.

On 20/05/2016 at 10:57 AM, Chippy the Space Dog said:

Actually, sorry to be a pain, but I seem to have a pricing bug with 2 of the parts. 

The columbus lab cfg file shows a price of 4,000.  When I look at it in the VAB its part lists as 450.  When I actually add it as first part of vessel the vessel shows a cost of -79,550

The Thermal lab cfg shows as a price of 6,000.  Listed in VAB as 1,500, and when made 1st part of vessel, vessel cost displays as -34,500.

The materials lab and all other parts don't seem to have a problem for me.

I've noticed the negative price bug on some parts as well. Also, whence do the samples to initiate that production chain come?

1 hour ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

I've noticed the negative price bug on some parts as well. Also, whence do the samples to initiate that production chain come?

I think currently it's not really implemented. You start off with 10 samples in the first tier lab, which get converted to processed samples, and then to 8 units of medicine. But there's no way to carry up more, or transport any of the materials until containers are created for them.  As far as I can see, anyway.

I checked to see if the price bug was mod conflict.  I made a ksp build where the only mod installed was Hab Tech and MM. But the bug was still there. 

9 hours ago, Chippy the Space Dog said:

I think currently it's not really implemented. You start off with 10 samples in the first tier lab, which get converted to processed samples, and then to 8 units of medicine. But there's no way to carry up more, or transport any of the materials until containers are created for them.  As far as I can see, anyway.

I checked to see if the price bug was mod conflict.  I made a ksp build where the only mod installed was Hab Tech and MM. But the bug was still there. 

Ah, thanks for this. I'm assuming that they're not generated in the world then, and at some point they'll be a resource available for shopping up to the station.

2 hours ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Ah, thanks for this. I'm assuming that they're not generated in the world then, and at some point they'll be a resource available for shopping up to the station.

Yeah, I think so. I made a suggestion that there be a way to generate samples via some kind of tech, like using actual surface samples or something like Eurekas out of Station Science, but the mod maker seems to pretty quiet.  And anyway I'm not sure it's even possible to convert an experiment output into a resource. But I expect he has some kind of plan in the works :) 

I cant get the CBMs (that's what the big ports are called, right?) to dock properly. I can bring them together, and the magnetic force activates, but they don't connect. I have checked, and yes, I'm pretty sure they're facing the right way (with the convex side out). Perhaps it's because I attached the port with KIS?

5 hours ago, IronCretin said:

I cant get the CBMs (that's what the big ports are called, right?) to dock properly. I can bring them together, and the magnetic force activates, but they don't connect. I have checked, and yes, I'm pretty sure they're facing the right way (with the convex side out). Perhaps it's because I attached the port with KIS?

The changelog for the  0.1.7.5 update mentioned something about fixing docking port snap angles. I'm assuming this was in relation to the APAS docking port and not the CBMs since my installs CBMs weren't docking either (worked fine on the 1.1 but not after a fresh install on 1.1.2... or whatever the current is.).

Honestly, I just deleted the additional lines in the CBM config that weren't in the APAS config... snapOffset, snapRotaton, or captureMinRollDot. I'm not up to date on the purposes of those modules but it did get my CBMs docking again.... or just wait for the next update. I just got antsy since it appeared the bug was mentioned in the last update but still persisted. 

My apologies if config modifications is off limits on the thread. But honestly it put a hold on my game with a station built primarily with CBMs on the main modules. 

Edited by SaSquatch
Acronyms and autocorrect.. not good bed fellows

On 14 May 2016 at 8:07 PM, MrMeeb said:

Have you considered making a single version of your solar panel, akin to the way KOSMOS did it? I think it would be useful, especially for those of us who wish to build our own P5 and S5 trusses, instead of having it built into the solar array truss :wink: 

On 18 May 2016 at 5:06 PM, drtedastro said:

@benjee10

Have you considered adding some truss joint parts?  something like a cube, but using your great truss design?

Some part(s) like that would be real helpful for what I am trying to build.

Love this pack. Great stuff.

Cheers.

Will add them to the to-do list!

On 19 May 2016 at 6:56 PM, Chippy the Space Dog said:

On 25 May 2016 at 1:51 PM, cyberpunkdreams said:

On 25 May 2016 at 4:04 PM, Chippy the Space Dog said:

Yeah, I think so. I made a suggestion that there be a way to generate samples via some kind of tech, like using actual surface samples or something like Eurekas out of Station Science, but the mod maker seems to pretty quiet.  And anyway I'm not sure it's even possible to convert an experiment output into a resource. But I expect he has some kind of plan in the works :) 

The idea is that there will be sample container parts which will send up a few samples to then be converted into other stuff (processed samples etc.) on the station and then flown back down again for profit. System still needs some work and may potentially get some ISRU stuff (so that you can, say, extract some samples from the Mun's surface and process them around a lunar station, but I suspect that may be beyond the scope of this mod and require some additional coding to get working satisfactorily)

10 hours ago, SaSquatch said:

The changelog for the  0.1.7.5 update mentioned something about fixing docking port snap angles. I'm assuming this was in relation to the APAS docking port and not the CBMs since my installs CBMs weren't docking either (worked fine on the 1.1 but not after a fresh install on 1.1.2... or whatever the current is.).

Honestly, I just deleted the additional lines in the CBM config that weren't in the APAS config... snapOffset, snapRotaton, or captureMinRollDot. I'm not up to date on the purposes of those modules but it did get my CBMs docking again.... or just wait for the next update. I just got antsy since it appeared the bug was mentioned in the last update but still persisted. 

My apologies if config modifications is off limits on the thread. But honestly it put a hold on my game with a station built primarily with CBMs on the main modules. 

The snapOffset stuff means that the docking ports will only hard dock at certain angles (to make alignment easier) - I may remove this feature since they're a bit too fiddly and have evidently caused some confusion.

2 hours ago, adrianpg_ said:

Looks simply awesome!! But, is it compatible with RO/RP-0? That would be even more awesome!

Cheers! No RO at the moment (I tend to play stock) but perhaps in the future.

Apologies for the lack of updates for a while, my computer is currently slaving away re-rendering my short film in 4K which takes a pretty hefty amount of processing power (15-day render times for a single shot are no fun) and is likely going to be out of action for the same reason for a while longer. 

benjee10 I've been running this and DIRECT in my game and both have been absolutely exceptional. Thank you for your work.

And to be clear, I am 100% onboard with strict docking alignment. I was never a big fan of the strong mag force. Just made things too easy. However, the CBM was absolutely not working for me.

The doors on the nodes do not work, I can not EVA from the modules. This also makes contracts a pain as these parts are used to carry kerbals I need to rescue but there is no way to get them out of the hab/module.

43 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

The doors on the nodes do not work, I can not EVA from the modules. This also makes contracts a pain as these parts are used to carry kerbals I need to rescue but there is no way to get them out of the hab/module.

That is an intentional decision to force the use of dedicated airlocks - depressurising an entire station module to allow egress is ridiculous (you couldn't EVA from one of the ISS nodes, for example - they're simply not designed for it). Currently the pack isn't integrated with career mode - that will come with a later update. I believe there are ways of preventing certain parts spawning as part of rescue contracts which I will look into. 

Just now, Jimbodiah said:

I get that, but as these parts show up in career contracts it's kind of a disappointment to do 3 rescues (RSS) in a row to find out they are trapped in the HabTech module :wink:

Yup I can see that - I guess you could always bring the whole thing back with a cargo bay or something if you're far enough into the tech tree but I'll try to find a way of stopping it! 

6 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

That is an intentional decision to force the use of dedicated airlocks - depressurising an entire station module to allow egress is ridiculous (you couldn't EVA from one of the ISS nodes, for example - they're simply not designed for it).

I have similar restriction on my parts. One way to address the rescue contracts yet maintain the principle of not EVAing from a module is to locate the Hatch collider at the location of an attachment node where a docking port would normally go. This way you can rescue via the career contracts, but when a module is assembled by a user, the hatch becomes obstructed by the docking port.

@Jimbodiah, one thing I found out is that you can grab a module with the claw, and then right-click transfer crew through the claw. Not very realistic, but can save headaches in a pinch :P.

That is one way of doing it, but not in line with the kind of ships I fly. I'll just wait to see if there is a solution, ie manual patch or fix by the dev. No rush, just wanted to mention it. Removing the modules from the contracts is also a solution.

btw, are there any airlocks included with the mod (beside the PMA) ?  As The airlock module also doesn't have a door to EVA. Maybe I am looking over this part.

Edited by Jimbodiah