[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

Or you could, you know, ask for someone to make a module manager patch for kerbalism.  If I was using kerbalism I would do that for you.

Or you can do so your self,  everyone here would likely help you, it's kinda what we do.

45 minutes ago, Ford6 said:

Or you could, you know, ask for someone to make a module manager patch for kerbalism.  If I was using kerbalism I would do that for you.

Or you can do so your self,  everyone here would likely help you, it's kinda what we do.

I was planning to make configs myself, however I am bringing it to his attention in the event he would like to include a tweak in a future update.

15 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Thanks. I've noticed my ISS running out of power with Kerbalism. Perhaps the EC capacity of some of the modules could be tweaked? I believe the CX trusses had a variant that had batteries. Maybe a tweak to give the SAW trusses EC storage in future updates?

Noted - I believe IRL the SAWs contain a large number of batteries so that makes sense.

8 hours ago, Deltac said:

Screenshot spam time!

Reveal hidden contents

5TbRkmJ.pngP4aMcY3.pngBc9nR0e.pngb5rELpn.pngzTSi4Bm.pngyUKKwFU.pngsmKZckg.png

Great stuff! I like the sneaky TKS resupply. What are you using for docking currently, just RCS on the parts and then pulling them off with KIS?

7 hours ago, iplayksp said:

Does anybody have a .craft file I can use to see how all the parts go together, so I can get my ISS going?

I’ll put together a craft file myself when the mod is a little more complete.

Edited by benjee10

3 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Noted - I believe IRL the SAWs contain a large number of batteries so that makes sense.

Great stuff! I like the sneaky TKS resupply. What are you using for docking currently, just RCS on the parts and then pulling them off with KIS?

I’ll put together a craft file myself when the mod is a little more complete.

Awesome. Just stayed up all night playing with the mod gotta say it’s great!

3 hours ago, benjee10 said:

What are you using for docking currently, just RCS on the parts and then pulling them off with KIS?

Yeah, Fuel tanks, RCS blocks, and the MIR Gyros from Tantares, and it all moves smoothly into place.  Then KIS/KAS comes into play to take parts off and dump them into space for tracking station cleanup!

1 hour ago, Deltac said:

Yeah, Fuel tanks, RCS blocks, and the MIR Gyros from Tantares, and it all moves smoothly into place.  Then KIS/KAS comes into play to take parts off and dump them into space for tracking station cleanup!

since you already have KIS installed, why don't you just put them into a container and return them for reuse / extra kerbucks on recovery?

2 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

This:

And:

Thank you! Do you have a .craft file?

19 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Not had a lot of time this weekend, but just started working on generic IVA props and the IVA shell for the Cupola. 

Screen_Shot_2019-03-24_at_19.21.17.png?w

Screen_Shot_2019-03-24_at_19.25.38.png

Looks Good!

45 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

very nice ISS reference material

https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/edobric

Yup, I’ve been using this guy’s stuff for a lot of reference! It’s darn good.

Couple more props (the Kerbals need some ways to get their holiday snaps!)

Screen_Shot_2019-03-25_at_18.26.01.png

Screen_Shot_2019-03-25_at_18.26.04.png

Also got some rough texturing done on the Cupola IVA & props and clickable windows working. Unfortunately the near clipping distance for the external camera in KSP is very low, so the external window frames and parts of the shutters tend to clip a fair bit, which is endlessly annoying. If anyone has any good workarounds there I’d be very happy to hear them.

Just now, benjee10 said:

Yup, I’ve been using this guy’s stuff for a lot of reference! It’s darn good.

Screen_Shot_2019-03-25_at_18.26.01.png

Screen_Shot_2019-03-25_at_18.26.04.png

Also got some rough texturing done on the Cupola IVA & props and clickable windows working. Unfortunately the near clipping distance for the external camera in KSP is very low, so the external window frames and parts of the shutters tend to clip a fair bit, which is endlessly annoying. If anyone has any good workarounds there I’d be very happy to hear them.

Cameras. Awesome.

50 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Resolution needs to go up on those. 512^2 at least, and don't be afraid of 1024^2 if that gives a better effect. Those are going to be seen up close and should not look blurry. All text should be clearly legible if you're going for a quality experience. 

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, iplayksp said:

How do the truss segments go together? I can't seem to get it right.

If you mean physically, there are specific truss connector docking ports with a bunch of variants to suit multiple configurations. 

Hi,

I just did a very challenging docking of the first truss to the us lab.  I did that with an orbital tug. Would you consider making your docking ports snap?  So if it is close to true, it snaps?  It's a bit of compromise since there are no exact robot arms.

Also, this mod is amazing!

D

3 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

@benjee10, will you make a guitar? Because that would be a nice addition! Especially if it was hard to find! It would be like a mini-easter egg in the IVA! :) 

Well it wouldn’t be an Easter egg if I announced it...

1 minute ago, debaker02 said:

Hi,

I just did a very challenging docking of the first truss to the us lab.  I did that with an orbital tug. Would you consider making your docking ports snap?  So if it is close to true, it snaps?  It's a bit of compromise since there are no exact robot arms.

Also, this mod is amazing!

D

I’m planning on adding angle restrictions to the docking ports, but they can’t exactly be made to snap - there’s always a margin of error involved and if you set it too small it can be quite finicky.