[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

16 hours ago, benjee10 said:

~snip~

I also spent some of today creating TAC Life Support patches for the parts. Currently operating under the assumption that an MPLM should be able to provide supplies for a crew of four for 2 months (in addition to having a hefty KIS inventory space) - does that sound about right? I'm trying to find a balance that makes resupplying essential on reasonably realistic timescales without becoming tedious. Also note that each part can hold enough supplies for 1 month for 2-3 crew members. Node 2/3 also features water recycling and carbon dioxide scrubbers. I also plan to include a hydroponics module to make long-haul flights where food resupply is not possible viable. Curious to know people's thoughts on this as it is in quite early stages so far. 

Ive been working on a USI life support patch. I will rebalance the resource amounts based on your TAC patch :)

so far I made a B9patch that adds some switchable tanks to the logistics modules

Edited by Marcelo Silveira

1 minute ago, makingstuffupp said:

@benjee10

What is being worked on next? Is the mod ready to be posted on CKAN?

Science parts and IVAs. I'm going to hold off on CKAN until the mod is pretty much complete. There are still features that need adding and balancing to be done. 

I am planning to upload a dev version of the Cupola IVA and TAC LS patches this evening. 

10 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Does "science parts" include the Kibō Exposed Facility? Are you making unique experiments for these parts?

Yes!

7 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@benjee10 Ive experienced a weird bug where the internals are all blacked out, idk what's causing this, should I post my log?

Yes, currently only the cupola has an IVA, the other parts are using the stock placeholder IVA, which is just a black box. 

2 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Yes!

Yes, currently only the cupola has an IVA, the other parts are using the stock placeholder IVA, which is just a black box. 

Hmm that's unfortunate. Was hoping to use habtech to replave my surface habs. Still keeping it tho. It's perfect for station building. Will future updates that add iva's break the game? 

6 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Hmm that's unfortunate. Was hoping to use habtech to replave my surface habs. Still keeping it tho. It's perfect for station building. Will future updates that add iva's break the game? 

Nope, there shouldn't be any game breaking changes from here on out really. 

Hi @benjee10, I just experimented a little bit with Infernal Robotics and Canadarm. I'd love to use it with HabTech2. Do you know if there is a good mod for the Mobile Base System, so i can move the arm along the truss? I tried to use the Gantry Rail form IR, but it dosen't look so good, especially when I scale it up to reach both sides of the truss. Or do you plan to create some robotic parts?

And once again thank you for this wonderful mod! I love it! :-) 

4 hours ago, alex-eddk said:

Hi @benjee10, I just experimented a little bit with Infernal Robotics and Canadarm. I'd love to use it with HabTech2. Do you know if there is a good mod for the Mobile Base System, so i can move the arm along the truss? I tried to use the Gantry Rail form IR, but it dosen't look so good, especially when I scale it up to reach both sides of the truss. Or do you plan to create some robotic parts?

You have to use more than 1 gantry rail. Idk how it works but I saw someone do such on an ISS build 

5 hours ago, alex-eddk said:

I'm exploring a few options for robotic arms, ranging from IR parts to something using Kerbal Actuators to something based around giving additional KIS/KAS functionality (so a simplified system where you don't have to manually control a robot arm, but rather it enables autonomous KIS operations, ideally on a subassembly level) - I'm not sure what I'm going to come down on or even what's technically possible really, and that's reasonably far on the horizon. In terms of the MBS, I'm not sure there's a perfect way of doing that, as IRL the MBS can move along rails across what would be three separate parts in KSP. Again, I'm looking into it, and hopefully will be able to come up with a solution that is satisfying to use but also quite accessible to people who don't want to go too in-depth into IR territory. The goal of the arms in-game (as IRL) would be to create a means of construction/manipulation which is easier/more precise than simply docking self-propelled modules together. 

27 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

What will all the different station parts do eventually?

This will vary depending on what mods you have installed. There is already some differentiating of function between the science labs (some provide less science faster at a high energy cost, others provide more science over a longer period of time but require crew to operate etc. etc.) and modules with TAC and KIS - only parts with airlocks (Quest & Kibo) have inventories accessible from the outside, for instance, and only the Harmony/Tranquility node has life support recyclers. Ultimately they will get unique science experiments (probably through DMagic or MOLE or some similar mod support) which will replicate real experiments applicable to those modules. Further down the line there will be the Centrifuge Accommodation Module which will have a set of centrifuge experiments (note, this is an internal centrifuge for materials experiments only, not a big spinning hab centrifuge), the Habitation Module (with just a big crew capacity) and a Hydroponics Module which will allow food to be grown at the cost of energy, water & CO2. This is a purely fictional module which will be around the size of Columbus but with ports both end. For IVA you can imagine the interior of the Tiangong module filled with hydroponic grass that Sandra Bullock briefly flies through in Gravity.

Also looking into ways of making the radiators necessary & functional, though that's difficult as the stock heat system is borked at time warp. Possibly will make the radiators require 'Cooled Ammonia' or similar and then add an ammonia cooling part, which would add another realistic mode of failure for people who play with BARIS or Oh Scrap (ammonia leaks seem to happen a fair bit IRL).  

5 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Again, I'm looking into it, and hopefully will be able to come up with a solution that is satisfying to use but also quite accessible to people who don't want to go too in-depth into IR territory.

Sounds great! I'm just experimenting with Inverse kinematics robotcontroller:

It's a little bit tricky to get it to run and it's far from user friendly, but has huge potential!

4 hours ago, B00st3r said:

Could you add craft files for the modules? (Including russian ones) Because i wanna do a youtube ISS series, you will get a shoutout and more if you collab.

The russian parts are not included in this mod. So there are no craft-files. You need Tantares. And for the US-segment: wait until tis mod is finalized. Then there will be craft-files.