[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

3 hours ago, CSTGaming said:

Apologies if this has already been addressed. But can anyone tell be why when I switch to a kerbal view point inside a module everything is black? almost like I'm missing the internal textures of all the modules.

There are no IVAs currently except for on the cupola module. The black spaces are placeholders to allow Kerbal portraits to show, eventually I do plan to add IVAs. 

4 hours ago, Phers said:

I've managed to get the trusses to load if I edit the part database.cfg and replace the drag_cube info with a part that does load...

Interesting, thanks. Will have to look at the drag cube changes in 1.10. 

3 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

Problem is we don't want every user to have to do this.  Heck, I didn't know you could do this and I've been here for too long!

That being said, when you launch with the solar panel trusses, are you 1000 meters in the air?  :o

Had the exact same problem... had this happen in the past as well when i had OPT installed... I’ll dig around and see how i fixed it the last time,

1 hour ago, steve9728 said:

emmmmm... what happened to the 

HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_solarArray_duo/ht2_solarArray_duo ?

just stuck here for no reason

Read the thread, this mod isn’t compatible with 1.10 currently.

On 7/17/2020 at 1:32 PM, Phers said:

Had the exact same problem... had this happen in the past as well when i had OPT installed... I’ll dig around and see how i fixed it the last time,

I'm pretty sure WorldStabilizer is the recommended fix for that issue in OPT.

Presumably, it's the same issue here.

Edited by TBenz
Missing word

I tried looking a few pages back, but couldn't find this issue:

@benjee10 I think (No one has given me confirmation yet here) you'll need to convert the textures and normal maps to .dds.  Ever since I started using 1.9.1, I've noticed anti-aliasing issues with your parts. 

First image is in 1.8.1.  This looks normal, no jagged edges in the white lines.

Second image is in 1.9.1... or 1.10, I tested on all versions and both 1.9.1 and 1.10 show this anti-aliasing issue.  Notice the jaggedness of those white lines.

This also affects the solar panels terribly.

RrTE3so.png3EmSikz.png

4 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

I tried looking a few pages back, but couldn't find this issue:

@benjee10 I think (No one has given me confirmation yet here) you'll need to convert the textures and normal maps to .dds.  Ever since I started using 1.9.1, I've noticed anti-aliasing issues with your parts. 

First image is in 1.8.1.  This looks normal, no jagged edges in the white lines.

Second image is in 1.9.1... or 1.10, I tested on all versions and both 1.9.1 and 1.10 show this anti-aliasing issue.  Notice the jaggedness of those white lines.

This also affects the solar panels terribly.

Yup, aware of this issue. It'll be fixed with the next update.

15 minutes ago, I love ksp said:

Oh,that so cool,but can you update it to 1.10x?Can you join the Soviet section?

It is against the rules to ask the modders to update their mods. As for the Russian section, Tantares has that covered. 

54 minutes ago, Xander el interplanetario said:

im running the last version in 1.4.5,works very well overall..but,you know,the solar panels...

This is probably because the solar panels use the mapped shaders which were introduced long after 1.4.5. I’d imagine the game isn’t able to load them because of this. 

5 hours ago, Xander el interplanetario said:

thanks,anyway,do you know a ISS mod for RO?

There is the outdated community ISS mod that has configs for it in RO (might want to tweak the configs). There is also CX Aerospace but they only contain the US segments of the ISS and not all of the Trusses. If you want to make the ISS in RO in 1.8.x and above I recommend waiting for the ISS Community Revival by Sampa to release.

17 hours ago, Quack said:

There is the outdated community ISS mod that has configs for it in RO (might want to tweak the configs). There is also CX Aerospace but they only contain the US segments of the ISS and not all of the Trusses. If you want to make the ISS in RO in 1.8.x and above I recommend waiting for the ISS Community Revival by Sampa to release.

very thanks,cuak,cuak..

Is the mobile servicing system in going to be included in the mod? The parts by infernal robotics seem too short to move the arm down the length of the entire truss.

Additionally, if I wanted to edit the truss to include an invisible ladder (to avoid adding 100 parts worth of Nebula handholds) any suggestion on how I would code that?

Edited by MonkeyCan'tDock
clarification

6 hours ago, KrakenAttack said:

When is this mod going to be updated to 1.10.1? I think it's the compatibility issues that make it get stuck on ht2_solarArray_duo every time I load.

It will get updated when it gets updated. @benjee10 is busy updating all his mods, while also balancing his real life. If you want to use this mod, there is a work around. You have to delete the part it gets stuck on. Until then, wait patiently and don't bug Benjee. 

10 hours ago, GoldForest said:

It will get updated when it gets updated. @benjee10 is busy updating all his mods, while also balancing his real life. If you want to use this mod, there is a work around. You have to delete the part it gets stuck on. Until then, wait patiently and don't bug Benjee. 

Or play KSP 1.8.x/1.9.x.

Every time someone asks when this gets updated I break another part

jk, I appreciate that quite a few people are eager to play with it which is nice, but as others have said I have quite a bit on my plate right now so this is a ‘it’s done when it’s done’ kind of deal.