[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

Tell me that I am not the only one who happens to this, that within the IVA everything looks dark, (including in the Tantares mod), I think it is a bad installation, or by default it has no textures; if so i hope this can be fixed as i really loved this mod :)
Edited by luisitoISS

On 7/18/2020 at 5:44 AM, benjee10 said:

There are no IVAs currently except for on the cupola module. The black spaces are placeholders to allow Kerbal portraits to show, eventually I do plan to add IVAs. 

@luisitoISS, the IVA's do not currently have any textures, so that's not a bug with Habetch2.  

3 hours ago, luisitoISS said:

Tell me that I am not the only one who happens to this, that within the IVA everything looks dark, (including in the Tantares mod), I think it is a bad installation, or by default it has no textures; if so i hope this can be fixed as i really loved this mod :)

There are no IVAs in Habtech or Tantares. Not a bug.

For some reason, when I've been attempting to run Habtech2 v 0.2.2 in KSP 1.10.1, the load process always gets hung up on the ht2.solarArray.duo.

Here's the last few lines from the log:

Spoiler

[LOG 15:49:08.300] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_solarArray_duo/ht2_solarArray_duo'
[ERR 15:49:08.302] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be colinear.

[ERR 15:49:08.312] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleReliabilityInfo'

[ERR 15:49:08.312] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'InspectionModule'

[ERR 15:49:08.312] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleSolarReliability'

[ERR 15:49:08.315] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be colinear.

[LOG 15:49:08.322] PartLoader: Part 'HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_solarArray_duo/ht2_solarArray_duo' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 15:49:08.323] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[ERR 15:49:08.326] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be colinear.

[WRN 15:49:08.329] DragCubeSystem: Part 'ht2.solarArray.duo' has more than two IMultipleDragCube part modules. You should consider procedural drag cubes.
[LOG 15:49:08.329] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'ht2.solarArray.duo'
[EXC 15:49:08.424] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I've tried to simply let it run, however after 20 minutes of it sitting on that one part, I gave up.

I noticed that it mentions several part modules that appear to relate to the DangIt! mod - ModuleReliabilityInfo, InspectionModule, and ModuleSolarReliability. However, I don't see why that would cause the loading process to halt on that part.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, does anyone here know of a way to work around it?

Update: I've confirmed that it has nothing to do with DangIt! as it still gets hung up even without it. The last line in the log looks fairly identical aside from the mentions of the DangIt! modules. 

Edited by Raptor22

2 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

For some reason, when I've been attempting to run Habtech2 v 0.2.2 in KSP 1.10.1, the load process always gets hung up on the ht2.solarArray.duo.

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 15:49:08.300] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_solarArray_duo/ht2_solarArray_duo'
[ERR 15:49:08.302] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be colinear.

[ERR 15:49:08.312] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleSolarReliability'

[ERR 15:49:08.315] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be colinear.

[LOG 15:49:08.322] PartLoader: Part 'HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_solarArray_duo/ht2_solarArray_duo' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 15:49:08.323] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[ERR 15:49:08.326] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be colinear.

[WRN 15:49:08.329] DragCubeSystem: Part 'ht2.solarArray.duo' has more than two IMultipleDragCube part modules. You should consider procedural drag cubes.
[LOG 15:49:08.329] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'ht2.solarArray.duo'
[EXC 15:49:08.424] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

I've tried to simply let it run, however after 20 minutes of it sitting on that one part, I gave up.

I noticed that it mentions several part modules that appear to relate to the DangIt! mod - ModuleReliabilityInfo, InspectionModule, and ModuleSolarReliability. However, I don't see why that would cause the loading process to halt on that part.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, does anyone here know of a way to work around it?

Update: I've confirmed that it has nothing to do with DangIt! as it still gets hung up even without it. The last line in the log looks fairly identical aside from the mentions of the DangIt! modules. 

That's a known issue, the solution is within the last couple pages of the thread, but will require you removing the trusses.

On 8/17/2020 at 11:57 PM, hemeac said:

That's a known issue, the solution is within the last couple pages of the thread, but will require you removing the trusses.

Wait a second. So for ht2 to work, I would need to remove the trusses/solar arrays until the mod is eventually updated? If so, would the legacy habtech parts work along side the remaining working parts or am I gonna have to put my iss replica project on hold?

46 minutes ago, KrakenAttack said:

Wait a second. So for ht2 to work, I would need to remove the trusses/solar arrays until the mod is eventually updated? If so, would the legacy habtech parts work along side the remaining working parts or am I gonna have to put my iss replica project on hold?

Alternatively, you can just play in 1.9.1 and update to 1.10.x when the mods you would prefer to use are updated.

On 8/18/2020 at 4:54 AM, Raptor22 said:

Hide contents

Same thing Here

On 7/18/2020 at 3:10 AM, MashAndBangers said:

Problem is we don't want every user to have to do this.  Heck, I didn't know you could do this and I've been here for too long!

That being said, when you launch with the solar panel trusses, are you 1000 meters in the air?  :o

I see, i also have that issue

6 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Um....
Does the Solar Array Duo have a tendency to fly high into the air and float?
unknown.png?width=955&height=560

I think i broke something but not sure if this was me or some other unknown factor.

Yes this is a bug in 1.10, it seems like that's all the thread is about recently. @benjee10 it wouldn't be a bad idea to mention that some things are currently broken on the OP, players otherwise assume part mods work fine across versions

3 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Yes this is a bug in 1.10, it seems like that's all the thread is about recently. @benjee10 it wouldn't be a bad idea to mention that some things are currently broken on the OP, players otherwise assume part mods work fine across versions

I knew it was broken I was trying to do a band aid fix, I have the fix just launching the part causes some .... issues.

I wonder if that’s Drag or collider issues.:/

2 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

Hey, there's a reason this thing is called a solar wing. :) 

No kidding, set it as the root part and it will fly. Kind of fun gliding it down to the ground :cool:

My current findings if it’s even helpful is that, um it floaty boi. If it the root part it will descend else it will stay in the air forever.
This “Patch” Used along side world stabiliser produces some of the most interesting results. My test craft launched fine but a crewed test vehicle was catapulted into space. However If the solar panel is the root part it will load on top of the launch pad as normal.
Doesn’t seem to mess with crafts that are already in orbit tho. 

I can’t wait to hear what’s causing this cause I feel like I’m in one of Danny’s video. Makes for a good launch system ;) 

Hey @benjee10, I've been having some loading issues with HT2 lately.

I updated the install that I use for my "Orbiter" videos (the ones I posted in the SOCK thread once) but now that I try to load the game, when it gets to loading the dual solar panel part from HT2 the game just stops loading (Disk usage drops to 0, showing the game isn't doing anything), but the game doesn't crash. What can I do, is there a way to fix this by myself or would you need to make an update on your side?

On 8/19/2020 at 5:03 PM, KrakenAttack said:

On 8/19/2020 at 5:03 PM, KrakenAttack said:

I would need to remove the trusses/solar arrays until the mod is eventually updated?

On 8/19/2020 at 5:54 PM, hemeac said:

Alternatively, you can just play in 1.9.1 and update to 1.10.x when the mods you would prefer to use are updated.

@Emilius73