[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, si2504 said:

does anybody know which docking port the c-100 androgynous petal dock connects to?

Yes, the C-100 Androgynous Docking Mechanism. Because it has in it config "nodeType = B10_APAS" which is only used by this port. The name "Androgynous" said it: there is no male or female part needed.

1 minute ago, Cheesecake said:

Yes, the C-100 Androgynous Docking Mechanism. Because it has in it config "nodeType = B10_APAS" which is only used by this port. The name "Androgynous" said it: there is no male or female part needed.

hmm, crafts wouldn't connect to each other with the same port. also, where is the config file for the port as i cant find it in my files...

17 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Did you built it the correct way? I used this port many times and it works well. It`s notz directly in the HabTech-folder. Look here: GameData\Benjee10_sharedAssets\APAS. It`s called B10_APAS.cfg.

ah that's why I couldn't find it then. thanks. I'm also having some issues with joint stability, any ideas? it just rocks up and down whilst sat on the run way....

MAs4AYu.png

Habtech Legacy and Habtech2 are two separate add-ons. Habtech2 is not an upgrade to Habtech.

Hence you need to handle them separate. If you have ships/structures with Habtech Legacy components and you delete Habtech Legacy, they will disappear and not be upgraded (or sth.) to Habtech2.

On 4/15/2019 at 3:19 AM, benjee10 said:

Could you explain in a little more detail? The cupola doesn’t have a seat mode inside it so I’m having a hard time picturing this. Are you using the latest dev version from GitHub? The SpaceDock version doesn’t have the cupola IVA yet.

yeah i was using the spacedock version, no worries. 

14 minutes ago, Messeno said:

hi, I tried to install the mod in 1.9.1 but the mod doesn't activate I don't see the parts what can I do?

Did you install it correctly? Did you install all the dependencies? Make sure you have installed the dependencies for KSP 1.9.1.

16 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Did you install it correctly? Did you install all the dependencies? Make sure you have installed the dependencies for KSP 1.9.1.

yes I have correctly installed the mod here is the screen: 

cgTIVgH.jpg

I installed the dependencies via ckan, the strange thing is that the other mods work the habtech2 no and I don't understand why

3 minutes ago, Messeno said:

HabTech2-master shouldn’t be installed in your GameData folder. Go into “Habtech2-master”, then go into “GameData”, and then copy paste whatever is in that folder into your GameData folder.

7 hours ago, Messeno said:

cgTIVgH.jpg

I installed the dependencies via ckan, the strange thing is that the other mods work the habtech2 no and I don't understand why

As @lemon cupsaid: this is wrong. Also: there should be no zip in GameData and the NearFutureProps is not needed until you install a Nertea-mod like NearFuture-Spacecrafts or Stockalike Station Parts Redux.

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried to see if I can do anything about the drag cube issue. @ValiZockt recommended to generate the cube by each ModuleDeployablePart. Trying that with the ht2_radiatorTriple I figured that not a single value is created in the parts database. No matter what I did so far, I always get the following exception:

[LOG 22:57:04.190] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_radiatorTriple/ht2_radiatorTriple'
[LOG 22:57:04.230] PartLoader: Part 'HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_radiatorTriple/ht2_radiatorTriple' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 22:57:04.230] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[WRN 22:57:04.238] DragCubeSystem: Part 'ht2.radiatorTriple' has more than two IMultipleDragCube part modules. You should consider procedural drag cubes.
[LOG 22:57:04.238] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'ht2.radiatorTriple'
[EXC 22:57:04.339] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) (at <948fceea813942b7ac6b6d1b2dc2d0a3>:0)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () (at <948fceea813942b7ac6b6d1b2dc2d0a3>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <7d9ec060e791409ab3eb85c61e312ed6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <RenderDragCubesCoroutine>d__31:MoveNext()
    <SetupDragCubeCoroutine>d__46:MoveNext()
    <CompileParts>d__56:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Searching, I figured that @Zorg had this exception with a solarAntenna and @RoverDude with some lights. I am not sure this is the same issue, however they both added drag cube information to the configs. I tried the procedural = True config with the triple radiator, it did not seem to help anything. As we found out before, defining a cube in the config would help, the question is now how I get the right one for it? Normally I would read it out of the parts database, which is empty (I suspect because of the exception).... So a bit catch-22...

• 2 weeks later...