[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

3 minutes ago, debaker02 said:

Hi,

I just did a very challenging docking of the first truss to the us lab.  I did that with an orbital tug. Would you consider making your docking ports snap?  So if it is close to true, it snaps?  It's a bit of compromise since there are no exact robot arms.

Also, this mod is amazing!

D

This lightweight mod is infinitely useful for perfectly aligning docking ports that don't snap:

But I will have to agree with your suggestion, it would be nice if the truss ports snapped. I just read benjee10's reply.

5 hours ago, benjee10 said:

I’m planning on adding angle restrictions to the docking ports, but they can’t exactly be made to snap - there’s always a margin of error involved and if you set it too small it can be quite finicky.

I could have sworn that in addition to angle restrictions, that a torque parameter also was available. Let me check... https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/class_module_docking_node.html

i think acquireTorqueRoll allows for some measure of snapping. I would have to test it, but my free KSP time lately is restricted to the forums :/

maybe snapRotation and snapOffset? 

Edited by komodo
Other part fields?

On 2/25/2019 at 5:32 PM, Drakenex said:

Like @TheRedTom said Tantares covers all Russian segment stuff.

I'm trying to be accurate but within reason, keep a low part count but add some detail, CX fills the gaps for now

screenshot5.png

screenshot4.png

screenshot0.png

screenshot7.png

209 parts of awesomeness!! but also getting dreaded yellow flashes on my timer, so sadly I'll have to take off some details. Thanks @benjee10!! can't wait to see the revamped trusses and solar wings.  

What Parts/Mods did you use for the Kibo exposed section and the Bigelow Airspace Module?

1 hour ago, iplayksp said:

What Parts/Mods did you use for the Kibo exposed section and the Bigelow Airspace Module?

I'm not sure about the exposed facility (I'd like to know too) but the Bigelow can be found Here

- edit

Actually I see a few things I'm curious about! The international docking collars on the PMA's and also the Russian segment mod. I assume it's Tantares? I've been using SSTU to keep the part count lower. My ISS with robotics is around 250 or so.

Edited by V8jester

44 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

I can't get Bigelow to work in 1.6. @V8jester do you know how to make it work?

Just drop "Kerbelow" in GameData and it worked for me I'll bet you didn't open "Kerbelow 1-4" to see the file structure before dropping it in. I would direct questions to that respective thread though.

screenshot83.png

screenshot82.png

screenshot81.png

Some shots of the Cupola IVA in flight! There is still a little work to do here with placing handrails, vents etc. in the IVA. 

I would really recommend using the mod Free IVA to get some more interesting angles (and also because it fixes the near clipping issue when engaged). Due to the cramped size of the module the pilot is not really in a very good position for accessing the controls otherwise. 

I also spent some of today creating TAC Life Support patches for the parts. Currently operating under the assumption that an MPLM should be able to provide supplies for a crew of four for 2 months (in addition to having a hefty KIS inventory space) - does that sound about right? I'm trying to find a balance that makes resupplying essential on reasonably realistic timescales without becoming tedious. Also note that each part can hold enough supplies for 1 month for 2-3 crew members. Node 2/3 also features water recycling and carbon dioxide scrubbers. I also plan to include a hydroponics module to make long-haul flights where food resupply is not possible viable. Curious to know people's thoughts on this as it is in quite early stages so far. 

11 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

screenshot83.png

screenshot82.png

screenshot81.png

Some shots of the Cupola IVA in flight! There is still a little work to do here with placing handrails, vents etc. in the IVA. 

I would really recommend using the mod Free IVA to get some more interesting angles (and also because it fixes the near clipping issue when engaged). Due to the cramped size of the module the pilot is not really in a very good position for accessing the controls otherwise. 

I also spent some of today creating TAC Life Support patches for the parts. Currently operating under the assumption that an MPLM should be able to provide supplies for a crew of four for 2 months (in addition to having a hefty KIS inventory space) - does that sound about right? I'm trying to find a balance that makes resupplying essential on reasonably realistic timescales without becoming tedious. Also note that each part can hold enough supplies for 1 month for 2-3 crew members. Node 2/3 also features water recycling and carbon dioxide scrubbers. I also plan to include a hydroponics module to make long-haul flights where food resupply is not possible viable. Curious to know people's thoughts on this as it is in quite early stages so far. 

Oh My.....

5 hours ago, iplayksp said:

JEM exposed facility  + Canadarm2 + JEM Robotic arm:

Community ISS

Though I've modified the exposed facility textures and make the a single part, resize it etc etc.

And though Bcink's Kerbalow module is awesome, doesn't not play very well (for my taste) with Habtech, so I'm using one of Ven's stock revamp inflatable for BEAM

3 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Community ISS

Though I've modified the exposed facility textures and make the a single part, resize it etc etc.

And though Bcink's Kerbalow module is awesome, doesn't not play very well (for my taste) with Habtech, so I'm using one of Ven's stock revamp inflatable for BEAM

Ok, Ill check Ven's Stock Revamp for thank Thank You.

59 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Community ISS

How exactly did you modify the part?

18 hours ago, iplayksp said:

What Parts/Mods did you use for the Kibo exposed section

On 2/26/2019 at 9:15 PM, Cheesecake said:

It`s from the very old (Bobcat) Community-ISS-Mod. You can find an old version on github.

Edited by Cheesecake