[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

28 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

Yeah it does a generic conversion. I thought more of specific thing like the Quest Pod. However I see that Benjee just removed the whole attach without tools thing.

@benjee10 Wouldn't it be an Idea to put a docking port configuration on the rack and pod?

AFAIK KIS won’t allow you to move parts with the stock cargo part module, so you are basically forced to pick one system. I am going for the stock system since it reduces the number of dependencies (even though the implementation isn’t as satisfactory as KIS in some areas).

That being said, a MM patch that removes the stock module and adds back in the previous KIS functionality if KIS is detected would be fairly trivial to write I think.

In terms of making them docking ports, I don’t think that’s something I’m going to pursue. The EVA construction method seems a lot simpler.

6 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

AFAIK KIS won’t allow you to move parts with the stock cargo part module, so you are basically forced to pick one system. I am going for the stock system since it reduces the number of dependencies (even though the implementation isn’t as satisfactory as KIS in some areas).

That being said, a MM patch that removes the stock module and adds back in the previous KIS functionality if KIS is detected would be fairly trivial to write I think.

In terms of making them docking ports, I don’t think that’s something I’m going to pursue. The EVA construction method seems a lot simpler.

Understandable. Was removing KIS as a dependency with my patches as well, as it would become optional (Although I miss the C4.... ;-) )

Regarding the pod and docking port functionality. It was always good to have that parts be attachable without an engineer or tools (in KIS), however understand, that this is a minor thing.

Another question: Why did you set the cargo part definitions to -1 in volume, instead of leaving out the module completely?

3 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

Another question: Why did you set the cargo part definitions to -1 in volume, instead of leaving out the module completely?

Probably some overzealous copy & pasting between configs on my part  ;) 

Is there a craft file of the U.S. Segment fully assembled?  I am having issued connecting the modules together, maybe is there a video showing how to properly assemble it?  I wanted to assemble it in the VAB, before docking so I had a better understanding of what it should look like and how things go together.

16 hours ago, Jim Pickle said:

Is there a craft file of the U.S. Segment fully assembled?  I am having issued connecting the modules together, maybe is there a video showing how to properly assemble it?  I wanted to assemble it in the VAB, before docking so I had a better understanding of what it should look like and how things go together.

What exactly is the problem? In a unit grouping or in an assembly diagram? This diagram is described in some detail both visually and in the plan of the table, which indicates the steps for the assembly, which, for example, can be skipped and done later, because some modules were later transferred.

On 3/14/2021 at 7:57 AM, benjee10 said:

Small update. Radiator drag cubes are (hopefully!) fixed now, and I've added support for the stock inventory system. Unfortunately there seems to be a bug when attaching either the CBM or APAS ports which causes spontaneous kerbal combustion, so those can't be constructed with for now. Do let me know your thoughts on the storage volumes etc. and let me know if you find any bugs, I haven't had chance to test every single part in every possible configuration so there could be issues I've missed. 

Also added a much-needed revamp of the APAS port, and soft-deprecated the old model. Current craft will not break currently, but you should remove any instances of the old APAS port before next update as I will be first removing the textures and then the model entirely.  The new version has functioning colliders and an extendible soft capture ring, meaning it automatically locks into 120 degree increments, so you will need to account for this when planning missions. 

Screen_Shot_2021-03-02_at_00.27.34.png?width=1860&height=1466

It also has a couple of variants, so lots of customisation is possible! 

Download now from GitHub or Spacedock!

(In theory this should be backwards compatible with 1.8.1, but please back up your saves before trying it - I can't guarantee that nothing will break)

I've had no issues with CBM/APAS in the previous version on 1.11, but I think I'll wait on this one until the docking issue is fixed...

6 minutes ago, Emilius73 said:

I've had no issues with CBM/APAS in the previous version on 1.11, but I think I'll wait on this one until the docking issue is fixed...

The issue is with EVA construction, not docking - they dock fine, just using EVA construction on a docking port seems to instantly destroy your kerbal/craft in some situations. This happened with stock docking ports too in testing, so for safety I just removed EVA construction from the CBM & APAS ports. 

4 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

The issue is with EVA construction, not docking - they dock fine, just using EVA construction on a docking port seems to instantly destroy your kerbal/craft in some situations. This happened with stock docking ports too in testing, so for safety I just removed EVA construction from the CBM & APAS ports. 

Oh ok *proceeds to Alt F4 the game and install the new update*

5 hours ago, Jim Pickle said:

Thank you, I'll save that image.  When trying to snap habtech 2 parts together in the VAB, they phase through each other and don't connect properly.  Is there a fix for this?

I’ve not heard of this before - can you post a screenshot to show what you mean?

57 minutes ago, AimedGalaxy said:

Any thoughts to make the berthing ports lock at 90/45* angles? Might make Station Assembly easier, especially truss segments with canadarm1

I’ll be revamping the CBMs down the line and be adding that. Like the APAS ports, they should be physically locked into docking at certain angles.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with the latest update where any crewed module remains highlighted no matter what while assembling in the VAB, making it impossible to open the menu for individual parts. I've tried multiple versions of KSP, and the dependencies, and have had no luck. IFS is having this same issue with a few fuel tanks aswell. The mod still does this with a minimal install (just Habtech2 and its dependencies). Any ideas?
Example Video 1 (with log)
Example Video 2
o2akmb.png

Edited by ikujura

1 hour ago, ikujura said:

I'm having an issue with the latest update where any crewed module remains highlighted no matter what while assembling in the VAB, making it impossible to open the menu for individual parts. I've tried multiple versions of KSP, and the dependencies, and have had no luck. IFS is having this same issue with a few fuel tanks aswell. The mod still does this with a minimal install (just Habtech2 and its dependencies). Any ideas?
Example Video 1 (with log)
Example Video 2

I guess you are on a version <1.11?

If so, you could try the following patch:

// Deletes stock cargo partmodule in KSP < 1.11
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCargoPart],#manufacturer[HabTech?Consortium|Olympus?Spaceflight?Emporium]]:NEEDS[!Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB_v2]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleCargoPart] {}
}

Let me know if that helps.

9 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

I guess you are on a version <1.11?

If so, you could try the following patch:

// Deletes stock cargo partmodule in KSP < 1.11
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCargoPart],#manufacturer[HabTech?Consortium|Olympus?Spaceflight?Emporium]]:NEEDS[!Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB_v2]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleCargoPart] {}
}

Let me know if that helps.

Did stock inventory really break backwards compatibility? Bleh, that's so annoying... I think i'll just attempt to switch over to 1.11 instead. Thank you for the help!!

17 minutes ago, ikujura said:

Did stock inventory really break backwards compatibility? Bleh, that's so annoying... I think i'll just attempt to switch over to 1.11 instead. Thank you for the help!!

It should be patchable on my end, so hopefully next update will fix backwards compatibility. 

I don't suppose anybody knows how many of the parts are compatible with RO? Obviously RO changes sizes of pods/docking ports etc, just didn't want to build the station in RO to end up not being able to dock with RO configured parts. Thankyou 

15 minutes ago, si2504 said:

I don't suppose anybody knows how many of the parts are compatible with RO? Obviously RO changes sizes of pods/docking ports etc, just didn't want to build the station in RO to end up not being able to dock with RO configured parts. Thankyou 

AFAIK: The APAS docking port will only dock to other APAS and not interact with regular docking ports. However as far as I know RO it is quite important to only use mods they tested.

8 minutes ago, Just John said:

im trying to dock my shuttle to the station using C-100 docking ports but they wont dock with each other.  are both ports different? what docks to the C-100 Androgynous docking mechanism?

Did you upgrade in between the build of the station and the shuttle?
As I know, the APAS port was changed and Benjee soft deprecated the old one. So it will still be in the game, but you can only build the new one. The old one should have "(DEPRECATED PART! REMOVE AND REPLACE)" in the title.

1 minute ago, chris-kerbal said:

AFAIK: The APAS docking port will only dock to other APAS and not interact with regular docking ports. However as far as I know RO it is quite important to only use mods they tested.

Well Habtech is actually listed in the RO suggested/recommended mods section, where it has a couple of configs. However the only configs there is for Habtech is a Kerbalism config, and a couple of configs for part, ht2_MPLM. Thats it.

1 hour ago, si2504 said:

Well Habtech is actually listed in the RO suggested/recommended mods section, where it has a couple of configs. However the only configs there is for Habtech is a Kerbalism config, and a couple of configs for part, ht2_MPLM. Thats it.

I could not find it here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/Recommended-Extra-Mods

And did you mean Habtech or Habtech2? But it is probably worthwhile to ask over in a Realism Overhaul thread, on how others solved it. As far as I know the files for Habtech2, there are no patches in there for RO.

1 minute ago, chris-kerbal said:

I could not find it here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/Recommended-Extra-Mods

And did you mean Habtech or Habtech2? But it is probably worthwhile to ask over in a Realism Overhaul thread, on how others solved it. As far as I know the files for Habtech2, there are no patches in there for RO.

yeah Habtech2. when you download the RO file, inside all the folders there are recommended mod folders with configs, and suggested mod folders with configs. Habtech2 is in there but as I say, very limited configurations of parts. I will see what the RO guys say...

5 minutes ago, Heliotrope said:

Hello! I am having an issue that I have no way to describe, does anyone know what is going on here? I have all dependencies installed. Using other mods, if that may cause this strange issue.

Do you have Parallax installed? Another user - having this problem - reported, that uninstalling Parallax helped.