[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

I don't have a single craft file for the ISS. I built it in pieces over the course of multiple launches. Very much like the real thing. HOWEVER, I'm probably never doing that again. The thing is certified Kraken bait. Not the Habtech modules though, those are all rock solid. Still, you can reproduce that pretty easily using this mod, Tantares, and Conformal Decals with Kerbalized decals and flagpack.

The white bags on the express pallets are the resource containers from Habtech 2. The express pallets are attached with micro docking ports. 

The JEM experiment rack is just covered in different science parts from Bluedog Design Bureau, Tantares, and other mods. The large boxes are Tarsier Space Tech experiment containers. The Columbus lab has some universal storage modules attached to its exterior.

At least I think they're from Tarsier Space Tech. I launched the JEM with the external rack attached, just not in a shuttle. I gave up on trying to replicate the actual ISS missions about halfway through. The lack of frames coupled with robotic arms being kraken bait was incredibly discouraging. The modules were still assembled in order, but I started using automated tugs and heavy lift vehicles instead of Benjee10's S.O.C.K.

4 hours ago, Kerbal Productions said:

I feel sad that this thing does not have any IVAs :(

30 minutes ago, CollectingSP said:

we just have to be patient for the time being.

27 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

you could write a mm patch to give it a stock iva or an iva from a mod. 

Or in the meantime you could also read through Pages 43 and 44 of this thread to find out how to use Cheesecake’s patch to use all of the IVAs from the original Habtech

:wink:

2 minutes ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

By the Way, how do I dock the Trusses and solar panels? 
Do I clip that small docking port into the truss, or is there another way, because without clipping it, the trusses have a big gap Between them

That truss port has various part variants that will make it fit with different form factors. You should try them out and see what fits for each situation.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:24 AM, Doc Shaftoe said:

I don't have a single craft file for the ISS. I built it in pieces over the course of multiple launches. Very much like the real thing. HOWEVER, I'm probably never doing that again. The thing is certified Kraken bait. Not the Habtech modules though, those are all rock solid. Still, you can reproduce that pretty easily using this mod, Tantares, and Conformal Decals with Kerbalized decals and flagpack.

May I ask how you launched the P6 solar truss? I am having an issue where when i place the P6 inside the cargo bay of the shuttle, once on the launchpad, for some reason the truss just explodes inside the cargo bay. this is the only part I am experiencing this issue with and cannot get to the bottom of the cause. It isn't colliding with the cargo bay walls or anything like that, and the nodes are attaching just fine. It just will not sit inside the cargo bay without exploding! lol

which config line could cause such a thing?

If you check one of my earlier posts on this page I mentioned that I gave up on the shuttle launches pretty earlier on. Between the wonkiness and kraken bait of using the SRMS to move modules and wasting all of my propellant trying to dock, I just used BiG rOcKeTsTM to get the job done. My solar trusses also didn't explode, but I flew them up in more traditional payload fairings so maybe it's a collider issue?

On 4/23/2021 at 10:26 PM, lemon cup said:

Or in the meantime you could also read through Pages 43 and 44 of this thread to find out how to use Cheesecake’s patch to use all of the IVAs from the original Habtech

saw the code, yet don't know where to put it. :(
can you try to help me?

47 minutes ago, Kerbal Productions said:

saw the code, yet don't know where to put it. :(
can you try to help me?

Open a new textfile, put this code into this textfile. Rename the textfile to anything and change the filename extension from .txt to .cfg. As an example: HabTechIVA.cfg. Put this .cfg somewhere in GameData, no matter where.

41 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Open a new textfile, put this code into this textfile. Rename the textfile to anything and change the filename extension from .txt to .cfg. As an example: HabTechIVA.cfg. Put this .cfg somewhere in GameData, no matter where.

gonna try it! :D

12 hours ago, si2504 said:

May I ask how you launched the P6 solar truss? I am having an issue where when i place the P6 inside the cargo bay of the shuttle, once on the launchpad, for some reason the truss just explodes inside the cargo bay. this is the only part I am experiencing this issue with and cannot get to the bottom of the cause. It isn't colliding with the cargo bay walls or anything like that, and the nodes are attaching just fine. It just will not sit inside the cargo bay without exploding! lol

which config line could cause such a thing?

The big solar truss is a bit buggy, ranging from explosions, to slowly wandering of the station and the overlord look by a big red version of it. Sadly there is no fix so far as the origin of this bugs seem to be quite peculiar.