[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

2 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Shaddy? 

I think it was a combination of 2 things. Shaddy being out of date as well as Shabby. I had Shabby 0.2.0 which apparently does not like Textures Unlimited and will cause the pink textures I'm getting. I've updated Shabby to 0.3.0 which says it fixes the... for lack of a better word "Handshake" problem between Shabby and TU. Now I just have to wait an hour for KSP to load.

I should probably really go through my list and update all my mods... problem is I have between 250 and 300 mods... ;.;

17 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I think it was a combination of 2 things. Shaddy being out of date as well as Shabby. I had Shabby 0.2.0 which apparently does not like Textures Unlimited and will cause the pink textures I'm getting. I've updated Shabby to 0.3.0 which says it fixes the... for lack of a better word "Handshake" problem between Shabby and TU. Now I just have to wait an hour for KSP to load.

I should probably really go through my list and update all my mods... problem is I have between 250 and 300 mods... ;.;

I downloaded your log to find an excrements ton of mods. i recon you have half the fourm in there haha. modding ksp is an addition and i can say we are both addicts 

Edited by xD-FireStriker

27 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

I downloaded your log to find an excrements ton of mods. i recon you have half the fourm in there haha. modding ksp is an addition and i can say we are both addicts 

Yes, modding KSP is about addition... got to add more mods. :P

@benjee10 My apologizes, it was Shaddy and Shabby being outdated and Shabby also not handshaking with TU. 

I noticed that it is not possible to attach grapple fixtures to the new solar array truss parts.  I dont know if it's been mentioned before, but that would be very usefull addition so one can manipulate it with robotics. Also that new canadarm looks nice, I'm at a point in my ISS build where i can progress without it. hope to see it released ASAP :))

2 minutes ago, EpicPants said:

I noticed that it is not possible to attach grapple fixtures to the new solar array truss parts.  I dont know if it's been mentioned before, but that would be very usefull addition so one can manipulate it with robotics. Also that new canadarm looks nice, I'm at a point in my ISS build where i can progress without it. hope to see it released ASAP :))

Unfortunately it is not possible to attach anything to the solar array trusses due to the way sun tracking works. Anything attached to the truss would not rotate with it. You are best using a claw or something temporarily attached to the end node to manipulate them. 

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

Unfortunately it is not possible to attach anything to the solar array trusses due to the way sun tracking works. Anything attached to the truss would not rotate with it. You are best using a claw or something temporarily attached to the end node to manipulate them. 

damn too bad. I'll figure somthing out. Thx. 

6 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Animated Attachment could probably allow that. Perhaps making an optional patch for it would be best?

8 minutes ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

This new content is superb!

2iv74wZ.jpg

Fantastic work!

Great shots, but you having the Kibo ELM not rotated 45 degrees is really triggering my OCD. :P

The ELM is supposed to be rotated about 45 degrees towards the aft section. 

1920px-ISS_March_2009.jpg

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Animated Attachment could probably allow that. Perhaps making an optional patch for it would be best?

Unfortunately Animated Attachment causes its own set of issues so I am wary of suggesting that. Best solution might be to have a grapple fixture with a docking node built in to the part. 

6 hours ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

2iv74wZ.jpg

Fantastic work!

Attention to detail on this is fantastic! Great build. 

18 hours ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

Are those homebrewed TU configs? They look incredible! Please tell me you're either playing KSP on a supercomputer or you're running a welding mod because my CPU is screaming just looking at these screenshots...

21 hours ago, GoldForest said:

The ELM is supposed to be rotated about 45 degrees towards the aft section. 

I was aware of the propper arrangement, it seems that it just slipped out of my mind to make the adjustment to the craft! Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

2 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

Are those homebrewed TU configs? They look incredible! Please tell me you're either playing KSP on a supercomputer or you're running a welding mod because my CPU is screaming just looking at these screenshots...

They are home grown by @lemon cup however if you download magpie mods and prune it just right you can get the same visual effect really quickly!

As to whether my computer is a super computer or not, it is pretty cracked, I'm running a 4080 and 13700KS. However there are some welded parts abord, but they dont really do much to the frame rate from my testing, however if you are aware of a part welding method available to the public that does substantially improve framerates I would love to be enlightened. I am always loooking for a higher frame rate (hence the money pit of a computer).

14 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Attention to detail on this is fantastic! Great build. 

Thank you very much! With KSP 2 just around the corner what else do you have planned for HabTech? With radial attachment points not being possible on the SAWs how do you pan on doing the iROSAs? And, if you've got room on the to do list, individual space shuttle trunion pins, reaction wheels, and radiators would be greatly appreciated for additional detailing.

I'd like to thank you for putting in all this time into this wonderful mod. It's among the most legendary mods made for this game and is a must have in any modded playthrough. I remember it like it was yesterday being mentioned by NASA on reddit because of a post I had made during the Crewed 20 Year Aniversery AMA and without this mod I would have never been in such a position.  Thank you for investing your time into this wonderful mod, its deeply apporeciated by myself and the community!

8 hours ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

Thank you very much! With KSP 2 just around the corner what else do you have planned for HabTech? With radial attachment points not being possible on the SAWs how do you pan on doing the iROSAs? And, if you've got room on the to do list, individual space shuttle trunion pins, reaction wheels, and radiators would be greatly appreciated for additional detailing.

I'd like to thank you for putting in all this time into this wonderful mod. It's among the most legendary mods made for this game and is a must have in any modded playthrough. I remember it like it was yesterday being mentioned by NASA on reddit because of a post I had made during the Crewed 20 Year Aniversery AMA and without this mod I would have never been in such a position.  Thank you for investing your time into this wonderful mod, its deeply apporeciated by myself and the community!

Hoping to get the 'final' release out in the next week so will see what I can get added in that time. After that I'll be switching focus to KSP2! 

Glad you have had fun with the mod!

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

@Kuiper_Belt @benjee10 The best solution to IRosa would probably be in game part switching. Tundra's and BDB does this and there's no real problems from it. 

Of course, they only do texture switching, not sure how well it does with model switching. Might want to look into it, @benjee10

My original plan was to use a plugin to switch the parts based on inventory capacity (inventory upgrades). This would allow you to fly the iROSA part up, put it in an inventory slot on the solar truss, and have it appear & be functional. We have a working prototype but the plugin author isn't around at the moment so can't release it. 

At this stage it looks like I will have to go with the B9 part switch option (HabTech already has in-flight B9 switching with the thermal blankets on the CBM part). It's not ideal but it'll do for now. If the plugin author gets in touch down the line I could always patch it in. 

There are a few more things coming to HabTech:

Screenshot_2023-02-09_at_23.05.28.png

Finally the black voids will be vanquished. These are going to be super basic IVAs with little to no functionality (and not a lot more detail than what you see here), but I never really feel like parts are finished without an IVA of some form. The FreeIVA folks are doing amazing stuff too and it would be really nice to be able to fly around inside the ISS like that.