[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

9 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Huh? Which one was that?

Also, I can't believe this. I forgot to add the Cupola to both of them!

MSFCdualkeel8-86.jpg
Honestly now that I think of it I'm sure the different versions of space station freedom are like that design study of skylab, it just keeps going and gets stranger and stranger.

9 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

MSFCdualkeel8-86.jpg
Honestly now that I think of it I'm sure the different versions of space station freedom are like that design study of skylab, it just keeps going and gets stranger and stranger.

Yeah, I think I'm done with Freedom, lol. The power tower kind of turned me off of building these custom trusses. 

On 8/28/2022 at 5:42 PM, benjee10 said:

Uploaded a small update to update dependencies for 1.12.3, including sharedAssets and HabTechProps. Should still be backwards compatible to previous versions. 

This also adds the long awaited International Docking Adapter port:

Screenshot_2022-07-27_at_16.32.05.png

This is functionally still compatible with APAS for the sake of simplicity, but you can use EVA construction to attach it in front of the APAS port on the PMA as in real life. 

hasnt this port been included? is the part 2 version or whatever? I know i use the thick one to dock to the small one that i use on orion

On 2/14/2023 at 7:46 AM, Astra Infinitum said:

hasnt this port been included? is the part 2 version or whatever? I know i use the thick one to dock to the small one that i use on orion

My guy that post was in august when the new orion was just released

Happy 4 year anniversary of the release of HabTech2! 

It's been a long road but the journey is almost over - all the parts for the present-day ISS are now available to try on GitHub. 

screenshot484.png

screenshot486.png

screenshot491.png

If you do try them out, be sure to do a clean reinstall of HabTech2, benjee10_sharedAssets and htRobotics from their respective GitHub dev versions. Or you can expect a full release in the coming days! 

Just now, Cheesecake said:

Before the update, there were switchable struts on S0 (picture at page 21). I have not yet seen them on the new S0. Or have I overlooked something?

These have been replaced with a custom strut part. Allows for greater flexibility in your design and the struts are actually functional. They can be attached on EVA. 

Just now, MashAndBangers said:

Looking nice!  Question about the Robotic Arms:  Have you found a technique to reduce excess wobble of the whole craft (Like the shuttle with Canada Arm) when moving something around? 

The added mass of the ISS makes things a bit more stable overall, since you are generally going to be moving parts which are a much smaller fraction of the overall vessel mass. Otherwise just the usual suggestion of go as slow as you can possibly bear, and then half that speed... 

A few rumblings of IK controllers in the works from various people though, so if they emerge it will be a much less painful experience. 

14 minutes ago, Alex415 said:

Awesome work @benjee10! Question about main modules: will you by any chance refactor metallic textures to use TU and be… well, more metallic xD

Afraid not, that requires completely new texture maps creating to look right which I don't intend to do with KSP2 a week away.

Wait for KSP2 when we have PBR built in - planning to reuse the newer models from HabTech and do a total revamp of the pressurised modules. 

2 hours ago, Alex415 said:

Awesome work @benjee10! Question about main modules: will you by any chance refactor metallic textures to use TU and be… well, more metallic xD

Here's a simple TU config made by me. 

It is in no way as good as with proper texture maps, but at least something.

Feel free to tinker with metal and smoothness parameters to get preferred look.

3 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Afraid not, that requires completely new texture maps creating to look right which I don't intend to do with KSP2 a week away.

Wait for KSP2 when we have PBR built in - planning to reuse the newer models from HabTech and do a total revamp of the pressurised modules. 

So will you basically create russian segment for the ISS? or the tantares are just gonna do the same thing as you planned

3 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

@benjee10 I have a little request. Is there a possibility of having two nodes instead of one in bulkhead variants of modules with one where  bare version was? I want to hide ETS' CADS port inside and it is not quite possible like this without using offset tool which I do not like.

Unfortunately not planning on making any wide-ranging changes like that at this point, changing nodes like that could affect existing craft files. You may be able to do it with a MM patch though. 

1 hour ago, EndAllFilms said:

So will you basically create russian segment for the ISS? or the tantares are just gonna do the same thing as you planned

We will see what Beale's plans are as the ROS is his domain :)

35 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

Any tips how to do this? I'm not that good in MM patches and there's b9ps in there too. Scary:blush:

You don`t need a new  config. You can use 

to create a new node ingame. After that you can copy the generated node data to the config of the part. I can no longer remember whether this is done automatically. But I used it in the past and it works great. The mod is old but should work in 1.12.x