[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

50 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

Hello. So I've  tried loading complete ISS provided with the mod and it says I'm missing something. I have all Tantares mods.image.png

Get the newest Benjee10_sharedAssets from GitHub, that part (hybrid SSVP/APAS docking port found on Prichal and some other ROS modules) was added yesterday.

Edited by Alex415

4 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

Hello. So I've  tried loading complete ISS provided with the mod and it says I'm missing something. I have all Tantares mods.

You need to update Benjee10_sharedAssets, that part was added yesterday!

The full release will be coming tomorrow, with all core dependencies bundled - here is a little preview:

SSF1.png

10 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

You need to update Benjee10_sharedAssets, that part was added yesterday!

The full release will be coming tomorrow, with all core dependencies bundled - here is a little preview:

SSF1.png

That looks fantastic.  It took me a minute to realize what looked funny.  Why are the radiator surfaces not edgewise to the Sun?

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Weird that you added Prichal to the mod. Isn't Prichal a Russian part? I'm not complaining, just wondering why it is here instead of in Tantares

Maybe benjee doesn't want to bother Beale once more, he already contributed Zarya solar panels to Tantares and a release was made on Tantares's GitHub two days ago. Another release only a day apart would be strange.
Anyway, I have a feeling benjee is basically bruteforcing his way through ISS assembly sequence, adding every little thing that he finds missing, and that is amazing xD

5 minutes ago, Alex415 said:

Maybe benjee doesn't want to bother Beale once more, he already contributed Zarya solar panels to Tantares and a release was made on Tantares's GitHub two days ago. Another release only a day apart would be strange.
Anyway, I have a feeling benjee is basically bruteforcing his way through ISS assembly sequence, adding every little thing that he finds missing, and that is amazing xD

It's not that strange to see a release one day after the other. 

10 hours ago, darthgently said:

That looks fantastic.  It took me a minute to realize what looked funny.  Why are the radiator surfaces not edgewise to the Sun?

The sun tracking can be toggled independently, sometimes in ISS pics you see they have the radiators at 90 degrees to Sun. Don't ask me why, that's above my pay grade

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Weird that you added Prichal to the mod. Isn't Prichal a Russian part? I'm not complaining, just wondering why it is here instead of in Tantares

Well I was initially modelling the part as a space station freedom node (before they became the modern Unity-type 'resource nodes' Freedom used spherical node modules) and realised part way through that it was dimensionally the same as Prichal. So I just added an extra texture switch to make it work.

The update will be going live later today. I will be doing a video premiere later where I go through all the new parts - please feel free to join me, I will be in the chat to answer any questions :)

2 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

The sun tracking can be toggled independently, sometimes in ISS pics you see they have the radiators at 90 degrees to Sun. Don't ask me why, that's above my pay grade

Hmmm. Could it have been so astronauts working on the truss weren't in danger? 

Edited by GoldForest

HabTech2 | V1.0.0 | The Final Update

I am very pleased and proud to say that the final major update for HabTech2 is now available

IMPORTANT: If you are upgrading from the last version, please COMPLETELY DELETE the HabTech2, Benjee10_sharedAssets, and htRobotics folders from your GameData and replace them with the newest versions bundled with the mod release. Failure to do so may break craft files and result in parts loading incorrectly. 

I have taken every measure to ensure that existing craft files and saves will not be broken, however I cannot guarantee it. To be safe, always keep a backup. Please let me know if you have any issues. The old parts have been deprecated and had their textures removed, so old craft should still load.

SPACEDOCK

GITHUB

Please join me for the premiere of the update video below: 

These will be the last new parts I add for HabTech2, however I will continue to provide support in the case of any bugs or dependencies that need updating. 

Please see the changelog or watch the video above for the mountainous list of changes, revamps and new additions since the last update. This has been a multiyear project and I'm very proud of the result. 

Several new craft files are included:

SSF2.png

ISS03_3.png

ISS11_2.png

ISS23_2.png

(Note - ISS craft files require the latest version of Tantares. A USOS craft file minus the Russian section is also included). 

Please enjoy! 

screenshot181.png

Screenshot by Steven

ok i don't know how to put screenshots but the error says:

fatal exception while loading fields on moduleB9PartSwitch on part

exception while loading field subtypes on type B9partswitch.ModuleB9partswitch

exception while loading fields on subtype partsubtype 02

exception while loading field tanktype on type B9partswitch.partsubtype

No tank type named 'ht2_02' exists

3 hours ago, idiot said:

Hmm, that is strange. My best guess would be some sort of installation error.
Could I get a screenshot of your GameData folder just to check everything is installed correctly? To embed screenshots in forum posts you need to upload to another site (e.g. imgur) and then paste the direct link to the image in your post, it should auto-embed. 

8 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Hmm, that is strange. My best guess would be some sort of installation error.
Could I get a screenshot of your GameData folder just to check everything is installed correctly? To embed screenshots in forum posts you need to upload to another site (e.g. imgur) and then paste the direct link to the image in your post, it should auto-embed. 

https://imgur.com/a/whrOSfk here and also just in case i did a screenshot of the error

1 minute ago, benjee10 said:

Odd, all looks fine to me. My best guess would be something like Kerbalism overwriting the tank type definitions. Does the game still load? 

it just stops when loading is done and nothing happens

i will go try again to see

Edited by idiot

is anyone else having an issue with the APAS parts from the shared assets folder not loading or is it just me?

found some errors in the log, no idea what could cause them though. namely

[LOG 18:05:50.838] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: B10.APASv2 duplicated part key in part path dictionary

and

[ERR 18:19:49.354] Janitor's Closet: Part already loaded: B10.APASv2

edit: so apparently they dont show up if i filter out 000_texturesunlimited. odd

Edited by x170doom

On 2/19/2023 at 9:51 AM, idiot said:

Sadly i get the exact same message, both with CKAN and manual instal (Yes, i deleted all old files)

@benjee10 Thank you for this great mod, ISS looks better then ever and the landing of this final version is perfect for some streaming-plans i like to get into motion in the next few days. I just love what i see, thank you for this and for the video-presentation you made.