[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

1 hour ago, Astra Infinitum said:

If you're a fan of the ISS, HabTech2, or Spaceflight in general, you want to check this out. Its the Reference Guide to The International Space Station. It is 140 pages long and has ton of in depth info on all the nmodules, parts, systems, and more. Def goes hand-in-hand with HabTech2. It has great info on the ISS and features pages and pages of different configurations its been through over the years with photos of each configuration. You can also use it as a source to build other configurations of the ISS.

Hope yall enjoy it.

Here's a share link to my google drive file:

Reference Guide to The International Space Station

kETeo3s.jpg

upapt44.jpg

yawiBO4.jpg

E77XZaO.jpg

mR7xq2N.jpg

uT0dzDn.jpg

Screenshots:

10JpfvX.jpg

dAredyW.jpg

nRsTivi.jpg

X24dtiJ.jpg

EnrOgv9.jpg

JTsItwk.jpg

GOGA5fw.jpg

I used this to build my replica in KSP about 2 weeks ago aha 

On 2/19/2023 at 10:23 AM, x170doom said:

is anyone else having an issue with the APAS parts from the shared assets folder not loading or is it just me?

found some errors in the log, no idea what could cause them though. namely

[LOG 18:05:50.838] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: B10.APASv2 duplicated part key in part path dictionary

and

[ERR 18:19:49.354] Janitor's Closet: Part already loaded: B10.APASv2

edit: so apparently they dont show up if i filter out 000_texturesunlimited. odd

Did you check in the habtech part tab

16 hours ago, chaos113 said:

Did you check in the habtech part tab

yep, shuld have mentioned as well that benjee was right, at some point i somehow managed to extract the shared asets folder into textures unlimited:confused:. everything started behaving normally after i deleted it 

1 hour ago, forge__gamer said:

This mod is on Ckan right?

It is, but I still install it by manual download. For some reason when I do CKAN it gets mad at HTrobotics. That may have been fixed by now, though.

I've encountered a Nullreference error spam in my logs related to this mod's T-400 Truss Connection Mechanism connection ports. It's this repeatedly: 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDockingNode.CheckDockContact (ModuleDockingNode m1, ModuleDockingNode m2, System.Single minDist, System.Single minFwdDot, System.Single minRollDot) (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    ModuleDockingNode.FindNodeApproaches () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    ModuleDockingNode.<SetupFSM>b__142_1 () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    KerbalFSM.FixedUpdateFSM () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    ModuleDockingNode.FixedUpdate () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

It stops immediately after I delete said truss connectors from my vessel, and these ports cannot be targeted and refuse to dock even when lined up perfectly, making my space station currently impossible to construct. I can provide complete logs if needed, thanks!

Edited by BadModder54
Additional detail

2 hours ago, BadModder54 said:

I've encountered a Nullreference error spam in my logs related to this mod's T-400 Truss Connection Mechanism connection ports. It's this repeatedly: 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDockingNode.CheckDockContact (ModuleDockingNode m1, ModuleDockingNode m2, System.Single minDist, System.Single minFwdDot, System.Single minRollDot) (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    ModuleDockingNode.FindNodeApproaches () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    ModuleDockingNode.<SetupFSM>b__142_1 () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    KerbalFSM.FixedUpdateFSM () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    ModuleDockingNode.FixedUpdate () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

It stops immediately after I delete said truss connectors from my vessel, and these ports cannot be targeted and refuse to dock even when lined up perfectly, making my space station currently impossible to construct. I can provide complete logs if needed, thanks!

Thanks, a couple of people have reported this - seems like a bad transform name in the mesh for those parts. There will be a small patch coming relatively soon that I'll fix this in :) 

Does anyone know of a guide or reference as to where each type of common birthing node goes on each module of the ISS? Sorry if this is a bit of an overly exact detail question but I want my ISS to be as close as possible to the real one! Thanks!

Jim Kerman

12 hours ago, Jim123 said:

Does anyone know of a guide or reference as to where each type of common birthing node goes on each module of the ISS? Sorry if this is a bit of an overly exact detail question but I want my ISS to be as close as possible to the real one! Thanks!

3 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

[Edit] Actually the table in the end has the active and passive configuration:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Berthing_Mechanism

As well as the table above, a good rule of thumb is that Active Type I goes on the forward node of a module, Passive goes on the aft node, and Active Type II goes on the radial nodes. Off the top of my head, the major exceptions to this are Unity, which has no Passive ports (Active Type I is used both on fore and aft), and Kibo Zenith (where the logistics module attaches) which uses Active Type I instead of Type II. Active Type II is used on nodes that are expected to be exposed to space with nothing berthed to them for long periods of time, hence the petal covers.

22 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Thanks, a couple of people have reported this - seems like a bad transform name in the mesh for those parts. There will be a small patch coming relatively soon that I'll fix this in :) 

Amazing, thank you so much! 

6 hours ago, benjee10 said:

As well as the table above, a good rule of thumb is that Active Type I goes on the forward node of a module, Passive goes on the aft node, and Active Type II goes on the radial nodes. Off the top of my head, the major exceptions to this are Unity, which has no Passive ports (Active Type I is used both on fore and aft), and Kibo Zenith (where the logistics module attaches) which uses Active Type I instead of Type II. Active Type II is used on nodes that are expected to be exposed to space with nothing berthed to them for long periods of time, hence the petal covers.

10 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

[Edit] Actually the table in the end has the active and passive configuration:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Berthing_Mechanism

Thank you for all the help and quick responses much appreciated!

Jim Kerman

24 minutes ago, bobbycom said:

hey ive posted on other pages but haven't got any replies yet and its frustraing me, anyone know why I legit only have one Kerbal to fly, and if anyone knows what mod is causing this issue?

[snip]

cheers in advance :) 

https://www.dropbox.com/t/5sTowG9wS0XVMZqk

Probably because you post in random threads?!

Nevertheless, which mods do you have installed? (Make a screenshot or txt dump of the GameData folder)

24 minutes ago, bobbycom said:

hey ive posted on other pages but haven't got any replies yet and its frustraing me, anyone know why I legit only have one Kerbal to fly, and if anyone knows what mod is causing this issue?

cheers in advance :) 

https://www.dropbox.com/t/5sTowG9wS0XVMZqkIMG-0848.jpg

And why do you think this is a problem of Habtech?
I think you're better off here:
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/70-ksp1-technical-support-pc-modded-installs/

1 hour ago, chris-kerbal said:

Probably because you post in random threads?!

Nevertheless, which mods do you have installed? (Make a screenshot or txt dump of the GameData folder)

in what point did i say i post in random threads? i have posted in all of the threads i thought were relevant over the last 2 days and had no response. i got some amazing help of another member on this thread the other day so i thought why not? 

never said in any of my post it’s a prob with habtech? i had just said i’d posted else where in threads that have not been active and this one has when i got support last week. 

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

And why do you think this is a problem of Habtech?
I think you're better off here:
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/70-ksp1-technical-support-pc-modded-installs

2 hours ago, bobbycom said:

anyone know why

I do not. I did notice that you have a lot of exceptions from TUFX, which is super odd. It never generates exceptions for me. Anyway, that's a red flag.

But here's the one that accounts for MBs in your log file. I wish I knew enough about the C# namespaces to understand this call stack better, but yeah something is very unhappy.

[EXC 18:02:51.572] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ProtoCrewMember.GetEffect[T] () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    ProtoCrewMember.HasEffect[T] () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.CommNetVessel.UpdateComm () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.CommNetVessel.OnNetworkPreUpdate () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.CommNode.NetworkPreUpdate () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.Network.Net`4[_Net,_Data,_Link,_Path].PreUpdateNodes () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.Network.Net`4[_Net,_Data,_Link,_Path].Rebuild () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.CommNetwork.Rebuild () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.CommNetNetwork.Update () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)

The obvious question is what did you install right before this started happening? If you installed everything at once, I'll bow out, as I can't really offer you any other hints. Otherwise start with whatever you installed last, I'd say?

11 hours ago, bobbycom said:

never said in any of my post it’s a prob with habtech?

Then why ask in Habtech-Thread? 
First find out what mod caused this error by try and error (remove the last installed mods ans check if the problem is gone). If you think you've located the mod, ask in the relevant thread or make a new Thread in KSP1 Technical Support (PC, modded installs) if it is not clear what mod this causes. Not just anywhere. You can't expect an answer if you ask in the wrong area. This is how a forum works.

Because Habtech is only a partmod, it's hard to imagine it causing this error.

5 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Then why ask in Habtech-Thread? 
First find out what mod caused this error by try and error (remove the last installed mods ans check if the problem is gone). If you think you've located the mod, ask in the relevant thread or make a new Thread in KSP1 Technical Support (PC, modded installs) if it is not clear what mod this causes. Not just anywhere. You can't expect an answer if you ask in the wrong area. This is how a forum works.

Because Habtech is only a partmod, it's hard to imagine it causing this error.

for the 3rd time I never started it was a problem with this I said I posted it here as id had support here for habtech and other mods v recently, so I thought it was worth a shot? sorry?

17 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I do not. I did notice that you have a lot of exceptions from TUFX, which is super odd. It never generates exceptions for me. Anyway, that's a red flag.

But here's the one that accounts for MBs in your log file. I wish I knew enough about the C# namespaces to understand this call stack better, but yeah something is very unhappy.

[EXC 18:02:51.572] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ProtoCrewMember.GetEffect[T] () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    ProtoCrewMember.HasEffect[T] () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.CommNetVessel.UpdateComm () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.CommNetVessel.OnNetworkPreUpdate () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.CommNode.NetworkPreUpdate () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.Network.Net`4[_Net,_Data,_Link,_Path].PreUpdateNodes () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.Network.Net`4[_Net,_Data,_Link,_Path].Rebuild () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.CommNetwork.Rebuild () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)
    CommNet.CommNetNetwork.Update () (at <46478292153440df94e04a2a2ddd1062>:0)

The obvious question is what did you install right before this started happening? If you installed everything at once, I'll bow out, as I can't really offer you any other hints. Otherwise start with whatever you installed last, I'd say?

yeah it was during a reinstall through ckan, so I did kinda install a lot at once aha . no probs thanks anyway :) 

50 minutes ago, forge__gamer said:

It says I cant get it on Ckan...  It does not have the check box to install it next to it for me...

Because you need Hab Tech 2, not Hab Tech. Hab Tech is the old version. You need also the ht Robotics and Hab Tech Props for IVA.

Unbenannt.png

Edited by Cheesecake

3 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Because you need Hab Tech 2, not Hab Tech. Hab Tech is the old version. You need also the ht Robotics and Hab Tech Props for IVA.

Unbenannt.png

Even with Hab Tech one uninstalled it still does not let me get Hab Tech 2.

Edited by forge__gamer
spelling error