[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

4 hours ago, forge__gamer said:

Yes

How very odd! As you can see in the right-hand side panel HabTech2 is compatible with KSP 1.12.5, and you have KSP 1.12.5.

I suspect you need to go into CKAN's Setting -> Compatible Game Versions panel and make sure the top button - 1.12 - is ticked as well as any others.

21 hours ago, softweir said:

How very odd! As you can see in the right-hand side panel HabTech2 is compatible with KSP 1.12.5, and you have KSP 1.12.5.

I suspect you need to go into CKAN's Setting -> Compatible Game Versions panel and make sure the top button - 1.12 - is ticked as well as any others.

I have them all ticked from 1.12 all the way to 1.0 the whole time...

Edited by forge__gamer

10 minutes ago, forge__gamer said:

Stranger and stranger...

Last possible suggestion is to start with a clean installation of KSP and download HabTech2 before anything else. You can move your current installation elsewhere, get Steam to reinstall KSP, and start again. Good luck!

12 hours ago, forge__gamer said:

Strange.
I have tried to reproduce the problem with different settings. Without success. So I can't say why it doesn't work for you.
But that's why I haven't used CKAN for years and only install it manually. I have had too many problems with CKAN.
So my personal advice is: install manually.
Or ask in the CKAN-Thread because this isn`t related to HabTech.
Here you go:

Edited by Cheesecake

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm similar problem and when installing dispite warning KSP giving a B9 Part Switch error stating that the exception is "No tank named Ht2_O2 exists" I get a fatal error that forces a quit.  I have been digging in logs without success in locating things and resorted to pulling modules one at a time to find what contained the break. In the case of HT2 I pulled the group of habtechs together.

Edit: couldn't sleep, so it looks like I identified the 'bad' entry'.  Ht2>resources>B9_tankRypes.cfg.

What is the suggestion on a quick fix till it gets a patch?  Delete configuration and deal without having that particular function?

Edited by RocketBoy1641
Update

On 3/24/2023 at 7:57 AM, RocketBoy1641 said:

I can confirm similar problem and when installing dispite warning KSP giving a B9 Part Switch error stating that the exception is "No tank named Ht2_O2 exists" I get a fatal error that forces a quit.  I have been digging in logs without success in locating things and resorted to pulling modules one at a time to find what contained the break. In the case of HT2 I pulled the group of habtechs together.

Edit: couldn't sleep, so it looks like I identified the 'bad' entry'.  Ht2>resources>B9_tankRypes.cfg.

What is the suggestion on a quick fix till it gets a patch?  Delete configuration and deal without having that particular function?

Are you using Kerbalism? That is removing O2 for some reason. 2 pages back I posted the culprit entry and how to fix it

1 hour ago, edwardbetter said:

Nice! Two questions:

Does this mod function without the Breaking Ground DLC?

Also, is this compatible with Kerbalism?

You need Breaking Ground for the moving parts.

Yes, it works with Kerbalism, but there is a wrong configuration in Kerbalism. See my comment above.

26 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

2 pages back I posted the culprit entry and how to fix it

On 2/22/2023 at 9:08 PM, chris-kerbal said:

The exception on ht2_02 tankType is actually out of the KerbalismConfig. To get rid of it, just edit

GameData/KerbalismConfig/Support/HabTech2.cfg at line 1790 and just uncomment (using //)

-B9_TANK_TYPE[ht2_02]:NEEDS[HabTech2,B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ProfileNone]:AFTER[zzzKerbalismDefault] { }

to

//-B9_TANK_TYPE[ht2_02]:NEEDS[HabTech2,B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ProfileNone]:AFTER[zzzKerbalismDefault] { }

@HebaruSan Not sure why this line is there? Maybe some old fix for the pre-release versions?

I'm sure this already on here but 72 pages to read is a lot and I know I'm not the only one with little patience.

For anyone getting a "Fatal Error" with B9 Part Switch and ht2_02, I found a simple solution if you don't want to mess with configs: TAC Life Support. Install it and no more "Fatal Error". 

Currently trying to install the Z1 truss on ISS using the SOCK Canadarm with IR. After extraction from the payload bay it began wildly flailing around on the end of the arm despite having no control input. Locking the joints stops it, but it resumes on unlock, rendering the arm uncontrollable and unusable. Does anyone have a solution for this? Does it have something to do with my autostrut settings?

49 minutes ago, redmonddkgamer said:

Currently trying to install the Z1 truss on ISS using the SOCK Canadarm with IR. After extraction from the payload bay it began wildly flailing around on the end of the arm despite having no control input. Locking the joints stops it, but it resumes on unlock, rendering the arm uncontrollable and unusable. Does anyone have a solution for this? Does it have something to do with my autostrut settings?

Sounds like its momentum wheels are active - try disabling them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
An amazing mod, but I have a problem, I downloaded the craft of the international space station, and I can't do anything with it when it appears in the hangar, the buttons stop working, the only thing I can press is the open craft button, and when I replace it with another device, everything works

@benjee10 can you provide an empty version of Freedom Fuel Pod. I've been trying with Blender over and over and can't figure out how to edit the model while preserving the texture on the structure. I need it to build Freedom the stupid way they originally planned to. See below for images.

https://commons.erau.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3313&context=space-congress-proceedings

7 hours ago, Shantaboy said:

@benjee10 can you provide an empty version of Freedom Fuel Pod. I've been trying with Blender over and over and can't figure out how to edit the model while preserving the texture on the structure. I need it to build Freedom the stupid way they originally planned to. See below for images.

https://commons.erau.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3313&context=space-congress-proceedings

I know you were asking about the Freedom Fuel pod, but this is a treasure or gold mine of info on Freedom thank you for finding this!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 6:07 AM, Jim123 said:

I know you were asking about the Freedom Fuel pod, but this is a treasure or gold mine of info on Freedom thank you for finding this!

No problem, I got a million of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for you.

When using the craft file (2023), I can't seem to be able to launch the space station. As I want to send the entire station to orbit using the cheats, it lets me load it in the VAB but not launch it. When I try and connect the ISS to a module that I can launch, it wont connect to it. Is there any way I can do it?
Thanks

On 5/21/2023 at 4:39 PM, WestRaptor said:

Question for you.

When using the craft file (2023), I can't seem to be able to launch the space station. As I want to send the entire station to orbit using the cheats, it lets me load it in the VAB but not launch it. When I try and connect the ISS to a module that I can launch, it wont connect to it. Is there any way I can do it?
Thanks

Do you have the Breaking Ground DLC? 

41 minutes ago, Sampa said:

hey, is anyone else having issues docking with the provided APAS?  I could use some help as I am trying to build my own replica of the ISS.

Could you elaborate on the issues you're having?