[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

Just now, chris-kerbal said:

Do you have Parallax installed? Another user - having this problem - reported, that uninstalling Parallax helped.

I do! That must be it. That is a really big shame, they are both such good mods. I will just not use that solar panel then. Thank you.

Having a slight issue with b9, it's trying to find a tank "ht2_02" and failing to do so, and fatal error-ing. I've gone through the part repositories to try and find something with that sort of name, and I'm not really able to. Any possible insights? I had to manually install, everything else I've got is CKAN. (And CKAN won't see the .zip properly :( )(Side note, it seems that the spacedock .zip version has issues with "truss01_nrm.dds", I had to grab a copy off github directly and that cleared that up.)

Edit: Y7soRER.png Error message directly

Edited by Hachiro
Update on situation (and typo)

It seems like b9 is trying to find a tank type that habtech should have, but doesn't, as far as I can tell. I tried grabbing the quest module cfg off the github and replacing it but still not working properly.

4 minutes ago, Hachiro said:

It seems like b9 is trying to find a tank type that habtech should have, but doesn't, as far as I can tell. I tried grabbing the quest module cfg off the github and replacing it but still not working properly.

It is hard to tell what is wrong. I would recommend doing a fresh install. Get the Habtech2 dependencies via CKAN and then only copy the sharedAssets, Habtech2 and the HabtechProps into GameData.

Reinstalling the b9 and CRP and then grabbing those folders from the GitHub repository did work, thank you! Not sure what exactly happened but at least that'll narrow it down if others need troubleshooting I guess? :S

18 hours ago, Hachiro said:

Having a slight issue with b9, it's trying to find a tank "ht2_02" and failing to do so, and fatal error-ing. I've gone through the part repositories to try and find something with that sort of name, and I'm not really able to. Any possible insights? I had to manually install, everything else I've got is CKAN. (And CKAN won't see the .zip properly :( )(Side note, it seems that the spacedock .zip version has issues with "truss01_nrm.dds", I had to grab a copy off github directly and that cleared that up.)

Edit: Y7soRER.png Error message directly

I have made this mistake. I enter the game, open an archive, build a simple spacecraft, click launch and press ESC. This window should be eliminated.

Hey guys. I wanted to know if I need permission from the author to post a link to RO configurations I have put together for Habtech parts based off of the dead RO ISS parts mod? They're still WIP atm and being tested but also hoping to do configs for Tantares russian segments also.

20 hours ago, si2504 said:

Hey guys. I wanted to know if I need permission from the author to post a link to RO configurations I have put together for Habtech parts based off of the dead RO ISS parts mod? They're still WIP atm and being tested but also hoping to do configs for Tantares russian segments also.

I don't think you need permission. You are not changing his files, but just offering an add on.

Within other mods benjee already stated, that he is even fine to add good patches to the mod, if you submit them to him.

Also he is a good guy, so don't worry. ;-D

On 4/13/2021 at 5:58 PM, si2504 said:

I have. I just wanted @benjee10approval...

Please feel free to post the link. I don't have any experience with RO so won't be able to verify the configs myself, but I'd be happy to link in the OP if other RO users confirm all works as intended! 

10 hours ago, Hypercore said:

@benjee10Are we going to have an update that adds the new ISS solar panels? 

I am trying to wrap my brain about how that would be implemented. Very difficult given that the solar arrays as they stand are a single part. Would probably need to be a part variant that's toggleable in flight, but that seems like a bit of a cop out! If anyone has any suggests as to how these could work I'd be open to them. 

3 hours ago, benjee10 said:

... If anyone has any suggests as to how these could work I'd be open to them. 

Perhaps add a docking node to the existing panels, with a matching node on the add-on panels? Players could then "dock" the add-on panels as an upgrade to existing stations.

1 hour ago, softweir said:

Perhaps add a docking node to the existing panels, with a matching node on the add-on panels? Players could then "dock" the add-on panels as an upgrade to existing stations.

Issue with that is that they wouldn’t rotate with the existing panels to track the sun unfortunately. Might be something that needs a plugin to work correctly.

17 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Issue with that is that they wouldn’t rotate with the existing panels to track the sun unfortunately. Might be something that needs a plugin to work correctly.

Maybe make it an EVA item. 
The panels could have two states, and after the iRosa item is applied to it, it would have the new mesh shown. 

5 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Please feel free to post the link. I don't have any experience with RO so won't be able to verify the configs myself, but I'd be happy to link in the OP if other RO users confirm all works as intended!

For those wanting configs to build the ISS in RO, here are configs I made and have tested in 1.11.1. Please be sure to read the 'Readme'.

https://github.com/si2504/Habtech2-RO-Configs

I am also in the process of creating configs for the Tantares Russian sections.

Liking the mod. Amazing Work!

Been using this mod for a year now. I'm planning on putting an Actual ISS together with expendable launch vehicles....  so we'll see how that turns out.

Any plans for the new Bishop airlock to be added?

Spoiler

I really wanna use it for  Well's Lucicole Cubesats Lol

Edited by CollectingSP

7 hours ago, CollectingSP said:

Gostando do mod. Ótimo trabalho!

Uso este mod há um ano. Estou planejando colocar um ISS real junto com veículos de lançamento descartáveis ... então veremos como fica.

Algum plano para a adição da nova eclusa de ar do Bispo?

Revelar conteúdos ocultos

Eu realmente quero usá-lo para Well's Lucicole Cubesats Lol

Me too! :D:D