[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

On 4/15/2021 at 1:25 AM, Hypercore said:

@benjee10Are we going to have an update that adds the new ISS solar panels? 

On 4/15/2021 at 12:24 PM, benjee10 said:

I am trying to wrap my brain about how that would be implemented. Very difficult given that the solar arrays as they stand are a single part. Would probably need to be a part variant that's toggleable in flight, but that seems like a bit of a cop out! If anyone has any suggests as to how these could work I'd be open to them. 

@benjee10  I came up with an idea! Maybe you could use the new 1.11 inventory systems! You already made a helmet and lights for kerbals that show up the moment you equip the part... maybe something like this could work?

1 hour ago, realjuliusPGKC said:

what PARTS does it not include..

Assuming you mean 'all major parts of the ISS', this mod does not include the Russian Orbital Segment, International Docking Adapters, individual experiments, Canadarm2, the Bishop airlock, Dextre, truss-mounted external equipment, BEAM, or future IROSA panels and the Commercial orbital Segment/Axiom Station.

What it does have are all international segment modules as of shuttle retirement, Pressurized Mating Adapters, APAS-95 docking ports, all main truss segments, truss-mounted solar array wings, Common Berthing Mechanisms, experiment racks, and storage pods. For the Russian segment, look at Tantares, For future bits and other stuff, look at Space Station Parts Expansion Redux. For robot arms, look at Angel-125's Breaking Ground mini mods and/or htRobotics bundled with benjee10's Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

On 4/25/2021 at 9:12 AM, OrdinaryKerman said:

International Docking Adapters,

@DylanSemrau Is releasing one in his "boring crew services" mod, which will add an IDA and Stockalike CST-100 starliner in game.

There's no set release date, however. 

On 4/25/2021 at 9:12 AM, OrdinaryKerman said:

BEAM

Try kerbalow aerospace by @bcink If you are looking for BEAM. it works in 1.10.1, but I have not tested it in 1.11

Edited by CollectingSP

4 hours ago, realjuliusPGKC said:

how do i dock trusses together in space im trying to build it but its hard to dock them

for the trusses make sure each truss has a truss dock fitted, in terms of how to actually dock them, there's various ways such as using detachable RCS control probes which i think is the easiest. or you can install a suitable robotics mod such as HTRobotics. This method is VERY tedious though and requires a lot of patience.

2 hours ago, si2504 said:

for the trusses make sure each truss has a truss dock fitted, in terms of how to actually dock them, there's various ways such as using detachable RCS control probes which i think is the easiest. or you can install a suitable robotics mod such as HTRobotics. This method is VERY tedious though and requires a lot of patience.

I’m launching an ISS using delta and atlas rockets from BDB later this month and that’s how I’m doing it. I’m gonna be using modified Orion service modules (from redirect) as tugs.

Just now, CollectingSP said:

I’m launching an ISS using delta and atlas rockets from BDB later this month and that’s how I’m doing it. I’m gonna be using modified Orion service modules (from redirect) as tugs.

I've started mine using the Habtech2 modules and the tantares parts. I use RSS so I created Realism Overhaul configurations for habtech and Tantares parts. Launches I've used Proton-K for the Russian Zarya & Zvezda modules and Shuttle for the others. Having a bit of a mare at the moment though trying to get the P6 solar truss to sit inside the cargo bay without exploding. After some testing, there seems to be some sort of issue with the bottom node of the extended truss variant that causes the part to explode inside the cargo bay so I'm having to use the top node and use the shift modifier to attach it.

2R0XVu0.png

5DQ0DYR.png

YWAHrP4.png

2tlC8Nb.png

UayutCk.png

2 minutes ago, si2504 said:

I've started mine using the Habtech2 modules and the tantares parts. I use RSS so I created Realism Overhaul configurations for habtech and Tantares parts. Launches I've used Proton-K for the Russian Zarya & Zvezda modules and Shuttle for the others. Having a bit of a mare at the moment though trying to get the P6 solar truss to sit inside the cargo bay without exploding. After some testing, there seems to be some sort of issue with the bottom node of the extended truss variant that causes the part to explode inside the cargo bay so I'm having to use the top node and use the shift modifier to attach it.

2R0XVu0.png

5DQ0DYR.png

YWAHrP4.png

2tlC8Nb.png

UayutCk.png

Sick stuff man, really nice.

@benjee10An issue I'm experiencing is when using the bottom node of the solar array duo, it is causing explosions of the part. This happens no matter which subtype of the part I use. I cannot fathom what may be causing this. If I connect parts using the top node, this doesn't happen. I use a custom "rescaleFactor = 1.5625" for my RO configs and that's about the only thing that my RO config changes to the part, apart from the mass. All other parts that have this rescaleFactor applied do not suffer this same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Every time I attempt to assemble the American Modules together in the VAB, some of the part clips through the other due to nodes.  I tried to fix this by stacking C-200's together, is this normal?  I have to stack 3-4 C-200's on the end of every module for them to connect?

8 hours ago, Jim Pickle said:

Every time I attempt to assemble the American Modules together in the VAB, some of the part clips through the other due to nodes.  I tried to fix this by stacking C-200's together, is this normal?  I have to stack 3-4 C-200's on the end of every module for them to connect?

Picture? There is something wrong with you installation.

9 hours ago, Jim Pickle said:

B9 variant (With the Bulkhead) applied?

52 minutes ago, adriangm44 said:

B9 variant (With the Bulkhead) applied?

I’ll try that out, I removed B9 at one point but I’ll reinstall it and see if it fixes it

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

Picture? There is something wrong with you installation.

unknown.png

2 minutes ago, Jim Pickle said:

I’ll try that out, I removed B9 at one point but I’ll reinstall it and see if it fixes it

B9 is a hard dependency for the mod, it handles part variants and node repositioning based on those variants, so if you've removed it it's no surprise that things are breaking!

Just now, benjee10 said:

B9 is a hard dependency for the mod, it handles part variants and node repositioning based on those variants, so if you've removed it it's no surprise that things are breaking!

Thanks, I’ll redownload that and let you know if there is any further issue

15 hours ago, si2504 said:

@benjee10An issue I'm experiencing is when using the bottom node of the solar array duo, it is causing explosions of the part. This happens no matter which subtype of the part I use. I cannot fathom what may be causing this. If I connect parts using the top node, this doesn't happen. I use a custom "rescaleFactor = 1.5625" for my RO configs and that's about the only thing that my RO config changes to the part, apart from the mass. All other parts that have this rescaleFactor applied do not suffer this same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This is a strange one. I'm not sure how well I will be able to help since I don't have an RO install - it could be a bad interaction with another part of RO for example. But I will take a look and see if there is anything obvious that could be causing that. The solar array part overall is not the most stable...

7 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

This is a strange one. I'm not sure how well I will be able to help since I don't have an RO install - it could be a bad interaction with another part of RO for example. But I will take a look and see if there is anything obvious that could be causing that. The solar array part overall is not the most stable...

i dont think its an RO issue as i deleted the RO config for the part and tried it normal, and it still exploded when using the bottom node....

4 hours ago, benjee10 said:

just to show you what is happening......The solar array will sit perfectly fine when nothing is attached

YZs4dD2.png

The solar array will sit perfectly fine when attaching parts to the top node....

TInb7b3.png

But when parts are attached to the bottom node, it explodes no matter whether the connected part is a stock part or an RO configured part. 

ZZnzmhG.png

i79VSHG.png

1 hour ago, CollectingSP said:

sounds like an RO issue. i'm using this in a stock game, 1.10.1, and it works fine fully assembled.

But that is what I don't understand. I have tried it with & without RO configurations, nothing else in my GameData folder configures any Habtech2 parts apart from my own RO configs I have created. I have tried attaching Non-RO parts to it with the same outcome and it's very strange how only the bottom node is affected. I just cannot wrap my head around it. My version is 1.11.1, but I also have a Non-RO 1.11.1 game that uses stock scalings which like yourself, doesn't suffer any issues. 

This is the only part in my RO game that I'm having issues with, all other Habtech2 parts that are configured for RO in exactly the same manner do not suffer from this issue. I really cannot understand the cause.

18 minutes ago, si2504 said:

But that is what I don't understand. I have tried it with & without RO configurations, nothing else in my GameData folder configures any Habtech2 parts apart from my own RO configs I have created. I have tried attaching Non-RO parts to it with the same outcome and it's very strange how only the bottom node is affected. I just cannot wrap my head around it. My version is 1.11.1, but I also have a Non-RO 1.11.1 game that uses stock scalings which like yourself, doesn't suffer any issues. 

This is the only part in my RO game that I'm having issues with, all other Habtech2 parts that are configured for RO in exactly the same manner do not suffer from this issue. I really cannot understand the cause.

It could be that RO configures any part with a solar panel module on it for example. Pure speculation on my part, but if it can’t be replicated in stock then there is obviously something about the RO setup as a whole that’s messing with it.