Jump to content

[1.12.x] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts! | 0.2.6


benjee10
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

 

Like @TheRedTom said Tantares covers all Russian segment stuff.

 

I'm trying to be accurate but within reason, keep a low part count but add some detail, CX fills the gaps for now

 

screenshot5.png

screenshot4.png

screenshot0.png

screenshot7.png

 

209 parts of awesomeness!! but also getting dreaded yellow flashes on my timer, so sadly I'll have to take off some details. Thanks @benjee10!! can't wait to see the revamped trusses and solar wings.  

 

 

Edited by Drakenex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question: In the download for HabTech2 there's the folder "Benjee10_sharedAssets" along with the GameData folder.

Does anything in the "Benjee10" folder get updated along with each release? or just the Parts and Resources subfolders?

Just curious if I need to overwrite that folder, or just the HabTech2 one (I'll just overwrite them both just to make sure)

Thanks for all the amazing work!

On 2/17/2019 at 9:32 AM, Drakenex said:

front_Orion_MPCV_1.png

Which mod is this from? I'm looking to create a version of the Lunar Gateway and would love to use Orion. But stock pods suck! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I liked the old HabTech's simple porkalike style when it was available, you've really done a fantastic job overhauling this! Does this more realistic approach follow along into the truss segments too? (so they're more like Cx's). How is S0 going to attach to Destiny? Are you planning anything with the robotic arms? One last question: Is Tranquility coming as a separate part, or is it the same one as Harmony? What's the difference between them IRL anyway?

@Drakenex How did you get K.E.A.M. to work? I'm having issues with its textures even with the dependency

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, grayal said:

Anything special i need to do to get CX to work?

Nope, CxAerospace has no (non-bundled) dependencies and still works perfectly in 1.6.1.

1 hour ago, Gunslinger1 said:

Where did that science pallet come from? 

I'm pretty certain it's a recoloured S4/6 / P4/6 truss segment from CxA.

1 hour ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

One last question: Is Tranquility coming as a separate part, or is it the same one as Harmony? What's the difference between them IRL anyway?

Tranquility is externally identical to Harmony, the only real differences are internal.

@benjee10 Do you have a roadmap or a list of planned parts yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/25/2019 at 2:43 AM, sslaptnhablhat said:

This is the issue I'm experiencing:

Surface attach on the top of Harmony's bulkhead works fine...

lLAz9M6.jpg

...but on the bottom bulkhead, they're placed as if it's a sort-of 'top-sided' surface attach:

0ab9cyv.jpg

I mentioned that the same applied to Columbus' bottom bulkhead, but this seemed to have fixed itself:

Nbu2YJt.jpg

I'm using the dependencies included with the latest update.

I feel like this is probably an issue with how KSP handles radial attachment - there’s nothing about the colliders that should be causing this only on some parts and not others.

11 hours ago, Drakenex said:

screenshot0.png

209 parts of awesomeness!! but also getting dreaded yellow flashes on my timer, so sadly I'll have to take off some details. Thanks @benjee10!! can't wait to see the revamped trusses and solar wings.  

Awesome! Now I’ve gotta redo those trusses...

9 hours ago, scottadges said:

Question: In the download for HabTech2 there's the folder "Benjee10_sharedAssets" along with the GameData folder.

Does anything in the "Benjee10" folder get updated along with each release? or just the Parts and Resources subfolders?

Just curious if I need to overwrite that folder, or just the HabTech2 one (I'll just overwrite them both just to make sure)

Thanks for all the amazing work!

Currently nothing has been updated there since it was added, but it’s good practice to update every time anyway. Sometimes I might make small tweaks here and there that would otherwise slip through.

3 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

While I liked the old HabTech's simple porkalike style when it was available, you've really done a fantastic job overhauling this! Does this more realistic approach follow along into the truss segments too? (so they're more like Cx's). How is S0 going to attach to Destiny? Are you planning anything with the robotic arms? One last question: Is Tranquility coming as a separate part, or is it the same one as Harmony? What's the difference between them IRL anyway?

Definitely going for a more realistic approach to the trusses, hopefully with lots of variant switching to prevent clutter. I’m planning a radial truss docking port that will connect S0 to Destiny, still figuring out how the struts are going to work. Considering it being animated part that rises up/down, or providing anchor points for KAS pipes that mirror the look of the umbilicals along Destiny.

i have some plans for robotic arms but they are very early stages. I want them to have some sort of function without being over complicated buggy IR monstrosities.

Tranquility and Harmony are identical externally. IVAs are a way off so I’m not sure if I’m going to provide different internals for them yet. Hopefully the IVAs will be somewhat modular using the ISPRs so it may be quite easy to provide alternative configurations.

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@benjee10 Do you have a roadmap or a list of planned parts yet?

If it exists on the US segment of the ISS and isn’t some tiny greeble part, it’s planned. I’m still fleshing out exactly what I want, but up next will be truss and structural bits (e.g. Kibo exposes facility), SAWs, radiators, ESPs, all that sort of stuff, followed by science parts. After that I’m going to look at cancelled/proposed modules and stuff like CRV, things for DSG, maybe stretching to planetary stuff in the future (though that might be split into a separate mod - I’d love to tackle MMSEV etc some day).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

Oh, and any chance of a stack node on Kibo so it can be docked, rather than berthed?  (I can add one myself, but a set of coordinates would make it so much quicker...)

There's a node where the exposed facility attaches which you could use - I don't really want people to be able to cover the airlock up but still have the functionality as an externally accessible KIS storage part. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@benjee10Hi, that's truely beautiful mod! Do you plan to add the truss-alike/solars/etc soon? Just asking since I'm building a space station right now, and If it's the case, I don't wanna have Cx mod for those, and then have yours that replace it, and be with a mod that I can't remove (too many mods/lag). If not, I'll stick with Cx, asking to plan!

Thanks:)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kurgut said:

@benjee10Hi, that's truely beautiful mod! Do you plan to add the truss-alike/solars/etc soon? Just asking since I'm building a space station right now, and If it's the case, I don't wanna have Cx mod for those, and then have yours that replace it, and be with a mod that I can't remove (too many mods/lag). If not, I'll stick with Cx, asking to plan!

Thanks:)

 

Thanks! Definitely starting work on the truss soon. Can't say exactly when it'll be released as I have quite a busy work schedule right now, but hopefully I can make a start this weekend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

-super dope pic-

Sharing this awesome screenshot by Damon, showing the Tundra Exploration Dragon 2 docking at HabTech2 ISS - in honour of SpaceX’s successful liftoff of DM-1 this morning.

Loving the parts! Really adds the detail I needed for my stations.

Edited by damonvv
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...