[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

On 3/12/2021 at 3:43 AM, SufferCat said:

I'm not sure but you probably need to update Community Resource Pack. In HabTech archive this mod have 1.0 version, on githab of this mod - 1.4.2. I'm troubleshooting same bug right now, will answer if updating of this mod helps.

UPD. Nah, it didn't work.  Maybe there is some mod whuch breaking this exact truss, dunno. https://imgur.com/a/XE4YbSx
UPD2. Found a reason after disabling mods 1 by 1. In my case it was Parallax. Bye-bye parallax, ISS right now is more important for me.

welp sadly i would like to keep Parallax :/ 

Just now, chris-kerbal said:

How will an inventory patch help in an issue of the drag cube? Or did you create another patch?

no, i don't know how do a drag cube, only the inventori for use stock inventory 

1 minute ago, adriangm44 said:

Link please???

On 2/24/2021 at 4:06 PM, Pi_Maaster1337 said:

download the second file 

47 minutes ago, golkaidakhaana said:

ERmm , I m not sure if you r e even allowed to post this here ?

What I mean in my original post is that Benjee is AWOL ..... it depresses me because these were the best mods

Things are coming.

Small update. Radiator drag cubes are (hopefully!) fixed now, and I've added support for the stock inventory system. Unfortunately there seems to be a bug when attaching either the CBM or APAS ports which causes spontaneous kerbal combustion, so those can't be constructed with for now. Do let me know your thoughts on the storage volumes etc. and let me know if you find any bugs, I haven't had chance to test every single part in every possible configuration so there could be issues I've missed. 

Also added a much-needed revamp of the APAS port, and soft-deprecated the old model. Current craft will not break currently, but you should remove any instances of the old APAS port before next update as I will be first removing the textures and then the model entirely.  The new version has functioning colliders and an extendible soft capture ring, meaning it automatically locks into 120 degree increments, so you will need to account for this when planning missions. 

Screen_Shot_2021-03-02_at_00.27.34.png?width=1860&height=1466

It also has a couple of variants, so lots of customisation is possible! 

Download now from GitHub or Spacedock!

(In theory this should be backwards compatible with 1.8.1, but please back up your saves before trying it - I can't guarantee that nothing will break)

39 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Small update...

... a much-needed revamp of the APAS port

All very excellent! I am looking forward to restarting my ISS project!

A quick suggestion. THIS diagram suggests that rotating your models by 60° would be more "authentic". In addition, if that was done then with no special care in port rotation, craft could dock with craft being in a natural alignment, ie top-to-top, bottom-to-bottom, starboard-to-port. All we would need to do is make sure the top edge of each port had to be to the top of the craft model. As it is, some APAS ports require flipping over a horizontal axis at one end of a craft, but not at the other - it is more natural (to my mind, at least) to flip ports around a vertical axis.

2 minutes ago, softweir said:

All very excellent! I am looking forward to restarting my ISS project!

A quick suggestion. THIS diagram suggests that rotating your models by 60° would be more "authentic". In addition, if that was done then with no special care in port rotation, craft could dock with craft being in a natural alignment, ie top-to-top, bottom-to-bottom, starboard-to-port. All we would need to do is make sure the top edge of each port had to be to the top of the craft model. As it is, some APAS ports require flipping over a horizontal axis at one end of a craft, but not at the other - it is more natural (to my mind, at least) to flip ports around a vertical axis.

Orientation is based on the ISS/Shuttle/Mir configuration which has the fins oriented like this:

Space_Shuttle_docking_port.jpg

A 60 degree rotated variant seems like it would be useful though. 

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

Small update. Radiator drag cubes are (hopefully!) fixed now, and I've added support for the stock inventory system. Unfortunately there seems to be a bug when attaching either the CBM or APAS ports which causes spontaneous kerbal combustion, so those can't be constructed with for now. Do let me know your thoughts on the storage volumes etc. and let me know if you find any bugs, I haven't had chance to test every single part in every possible configuration so there could be issues I've missed. 

Also added a much-needed revamp of the APAS port, and soft-deprecated the old model. Current craft will not break currently, but you should remove any instances of the old APAS port before next update as I will be first removing the textures and then the model entirely.  The new version has functioning colliders and an extendible soft capture ring, meaning it automatically locks into 120 degree increments, so you will need to account for this when planning missions. 

[... snip]

It also has a couple of variants, so lots of customisation is possible! 

Download now from GitHub or Spacedock!

(In theory this should be backwards compatible with 1.8.1, but please back up your saves before trying it - I can't guarantee that nothing will break)

Great to see an update! :D

I could not see a patch for backwards compatibility, that would allow further use of this version in <=1.10 versions with KIS. Or am I missing something?

Wrote a patch to add forward compatibility and could just change that? Also will take a look on the volumes. I converted them just 1:1...

10 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

Great to see an update! :D

I could not see a patch for backwards compatibility, that would allow further use of this version in <=1.10 versions with KIS. Or am I missing something?

Wrote a patch to add forward compatibility and could just change that? Also will take a look on the volumes. I converted them just 1:1...

There should no need for a patch because a KIS-Patch is delivered with KIS directly. So if you have KIS installed you can use both, KIS and Stock inventory.

10 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

There should no need for a patch because a KIS-Patch is delivered with KIS directly. So if you have KIS installed you can use both, KIS and Stock inventory.

Yeah it does a generic conversion. I thought more of specific thing like the Quest Pod. However I see that Benjee just removed the whole attach without tools thing.

@benjee10 Wouldn't it be an Idea to put a docking port configuration on the rack and pod?