[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

2 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

It could be that RO configures any part with a solar panel module on it for example. Pure speculation on my part, but if it can’t be replicated in stock then there is obviously something about the RO setup as a whole that’s messing with it.

Only when parts are attached to a particular node though? That is the thing that is bugging me... I don't get it. KSP, Whyyyy???? lol

1 hour ago, golkaidakhaana said:

Errrmm , no , it s because he uninstalled B9PS ...

This clipping does occur if the modules aren't connected with a CBM on each module. The only other time it happens is if you are trying to connect 2 modules that aren't designed to berth together, such as unity and the JEM due to the difference in their physical size. Obviously that isn't the case here as both parts are the JEM parts of the station.

Also seeing as the JEM storage module looks as though the part has had the bulkhead applied, suggests when this capture was taken, B9PS was installed at the time. To me it certainly looks like the issue is simply not having the Common Berthing Mechanisms attached to the modules.

23 hours ago, benjee10 said:

This is a strange one. I'm not sure how well I will be able to help since I don't have an RO install - it could be a bad interaction with another part of RO for example. But I will take a look and see if there is anything obvious that could be causing that. The solar array part overall is not the most stable...

Just to let you know @benjee10, I have fixed the issue with the unstable Solar array. It turns out That RO has a RO global config setting that sets all parts to "PhysicsSignificance = 0". Commented out that config line and....voilà!

42 minutes ago, adriangm44 said:

I really need help ;.;

4BMtzha.png

Do you need the logs and the save file?

Do you have parallax? If so, someone mentioned they solved it by removing parallax, so I guess something within that is causing the bug.

2 hours ago, si2504 said:

Do you have parallax? If so, someone mentioned they solved it by removing parallax, so I guess something within that is causing the bug.

I do... but I LOVE both mods... can't spare any of them! :(

Is there anything I can disable or tweak in the files? Maybe they could help me in Paralax's thread?

Here are the LOGS, CRAFT, and SAVE FILE <-------------

2 hours ago, CollectingSP said:

Ouch! how did that happen?

I don't know! Just loaded the solar panel and that was it, I put it in orbit with hyperedit to see how it behaves and it's very unpredictable, sudden explosions and that....

2 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

I do... but I LOVE both mods... can't spare any of them! :(

Is there anything I can disable or tweak in the files? Maybe they could help me in Paralax's thread?

Here are the LOGS, CRAFT, and SAVE FILE <-------------

Have you tried to remove the Parallax folder temporarily to see if the problem goes away? If it does, I'd ask in the Parallax thread. Hard to say without seeing the config files inside the Parallax folder.

14 hours ago, si2504 said:

Have you tried to remove the Parallax folder temporarily to see if the problem goes away? If it does, I'd ask in the Parallax thread. Hard to say without seeing the config files inside the Parallax folder.

Yeah okay I will, thanks

On 4/26/2021 at 8:41 AM, si2504 said:

I've started mine using the Habtech2 modules and the tantares parts.

How do you get the end caps to work?  I'm using 1.8.1 and have to switch editors even to right click on the HabTech 2 parts and get the Top/Bottom node tweakables in the PAW.
Is this something with B9 Part Switch?

11 minutes ago, slaintemaith said:

How do you get the end caps to work?  I'm using 1.8.1 and have to switch editors even to right click on the HabTech 2 parts and get the Top/Bottom node tweakables in the PAW.

That’s strange. Maybe double check the version of B9 you’re using is for 1.8.1? If it’s a newer or older version I suppose that could cause issues.

12 hours ago, slaintemaith said:

yeah i'm not sure what could be causing that issue. If by the end caps you mean the bulkheads you can apply to the modules, that's handled by B9Partswitch so must be something to do with that. 

6 hours ago, si2504 said:

yeah i'm not sure what could be causing that issue. If by the end caps you mean the bulkheads you can apply to the modules, that's handled by B9Partswitch so must be something to do with that. 

What versions of KSP & B9PS are you using, if I may ask?

I'd love to know what versions you have of all these to make this install.  I can't get HabTech 2 to work with RSS/RO to save my life.  and I'm pretty sure RSS/RO is only supported to 1.10.

Edited by slaintemaith

3 hours ago, slaintemaith said:

I'd love to know what versions you have of all these to make this install.  I can't get HabTech 2 to work with RSS/RO to save my life.  and I'm pretty sure RSS/RO is only supported to 1.10.

Officially it's only supported to 1.10, but with the correct Kopernicus BE branch, it works for for 1.11.1. All the mods I have installed are the latest versions.

3 minutes ago, 아무생각 said:

Where can I get the craft files?

There is no craft-file. But here is a wiki with instructs to build it:

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki/International-Space-Station

And here are some craft-files for the russian segment but they are old and some of the parts will be deprecated because Beale is doing a rework.