Jump to content

[1.12.x] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts! | 0.2.6


benjee10
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Cochies said:

Looks good. But when I was building my ISS, it seemed to me that it was better to combine different mods.
A little bit HabTech
A little bit SSPX
A little bit MMSEV
A little bit TweakScale+Ubio.
A pinch of docking ports from USI
And of course tantares and a few more mods ......

A total of 82 parts
 

Nice Standard ISS!

I am going for a heavily altered one based on the fully proposed but not built ISS.   Using BDB, Habtech2, Tanteres, and both SOCKS and Kerbalrise for shuttles (not that I use them for much... Everything you see was launched on Saturn INT23, Titan V(LDC Titan with CH4 engines) or various modifications to the Angara A5.

I am planning on introducing all of Earth To the Sky's Space Station Freedom to the ISS (currently have Skylab up but not the addendum modules)

While I can make a valid UDM and DSM with Tantares parts, the SPP as well as RM-1 and RM-2 are a bit tougher.   I would have preferred to make the Russian Segment out of SSTU's DOS parts but A) not updated for current KSP versions and B) follows too strict of scaling (rather than expanded scaleing like BDB and Tantares are now using, All the docking ports would be either tiny or HUGE)

The Launchers are from

BDB:

Delta IIH-HOSS (delivers small items only),   Delta IVH (one launch only just to experiment), Titan LDC (Titan V CH4 with STBE from Rocket Motor Menagerie the bulk of the station including Zarya)  And Saturn INT23 for Skylab (the anchor part to this floating asteroid target!)

Eisenhower Astronautics:

Angara A5+ and A5++ (A5+ has RD-191V for 2nd core stage instead of RD-124 and A5++ is like A5+ but with core first stage stretch and CASTOR 2 SRBs)

SOCKS:

US Style "Moonraker upgrade" Shuttle fleet, including Enterprise, Columbia, Discovery, Endeavor, Explorer, Independence... and well MANY more :D.     All shuttles have upgrades structures and launch on an All Liquid launch (two LRBs based on Titan V LDC with STBE engines above from BDB and RMM)

Alternatively the USS Enterprise is flown on the Tantares Energia (as described below)

Kerbolrise:

KR1 and KR2 family of Shuttles are used in conjunction with Tantares Energia that is stretched with the aft RD0120s cambered to center up COT with COM

Tantares:

Given I have been unable to orbit anything except Energia in JNSQ play-through Energia is the only LV from Tantares I use.....

 

Shuttles quickly took a back seat to Transtage and other stowable fuel tugs given my PEBKAC issues with robotics.   But I will be still using them for supply runs.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Cochies said:

Looks good. But when I was building my ISS, it seemed to me that it was better to combine different mods.
A little bit HabTech
A little bit SSPX
A little bit MMSEV
A little bit TweakScale+Ubio.
A pinch of docking ports from USI
And of course tantares and a few more mods ......

A total of 82 parts
ODB3D9ulgiQ.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9
vP3T77iIxU4.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

I really don't understand why my solar panel float away when i attach them...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, davide96 said:

I really don't understand why my solar panel float away when i attach them...

What version ksp are you using? And how are you putting the craft in orbit? Do you use alt f12 to place the station in orbit or have you built it in orbit? Also are you using KJR and if so which version of KJR are you using?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, si2504 said:

What version ksp are you using? And how are you putting the craft in orbit? Do you use alt f12 to place the station in orbit or have you built it in orbit? Also are you using KJR and if so which version of KJR are you using?

I'm  playng with 1.11.2 (the last), I'm not using KJR and yes I'm making some attempt using alt f12

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, davide96 said:

I'm  playng with 1.11.2 (the last), I'm not using KJR and yes I'm making some attempt using alt f12

I would recommend trying it with KJR to see if you get the same results. Does the station sit ok on the runway before you alt f12 it? I'm using it in 1.11.1 and have absolutely no issues with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, si2504 said:

I would recommend trying it with KJR to see if you get the same results. Does the station sit ok on the runway before you alt f12 it? I'm using it in 1.11.1 and have absolutely no issues with it.

Yes the station sit well, I'll try to install KJR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Nice Standard ISS!

I am going for a heavily altered one based on the fully proposed but not built ISS.   Using BDB, Habtech2, Tanteres, and both SOCKS and Kerbalrise for shuttles (not that I use them for much... Everything you see was launched on Saturn INT23, Titan V(LDC Titan with CH4 engines) or various modifications to the Angara A5.

I am planning on introducing all of Earth To the Sky's Space Station Freedom to the ISS (currently have Skylab up but not the addendum modules)

While I can make a valid UDM and DSM with Tantares parts, the SPP as well as RM-1 and RM-2 are a bit tougher.   I would have preferred to make the Russian Segment out of SSTU's DOS parts but A) not updated for current KSP versions and B) follows too strict of scaling (rather than expanded scaleing like BDB and Tantares are now using, All the docking ports would be either tiny or HUGE)

The Launchers are from

BDB:

Delta IIH-HOSS (delivers small items only),   Delta IVH (one launch only just to experiment), Titan LDC (Titan V CH4 with STBE from Rocket Motor Menagerie the bulk of the station including Zarya)  And Saturn INT23 for Skylab (the anchor part to this floating asteroid target!)

Eisenhower Astronautics:

Angara A5+ and A5++ (A5+ has RD-191V for 2nd core stage instead of RD-124 and A5++ is like A5+ but with core first stage stretch and CASTOR 2 SRBs)

SOCKS:

US Style "Moonraker upgrade" Shuttle fleet, including Enterprise, Columbia, Discovery, Endeavor, Explorer, Independence... and well MANY more :D.     All shuttles have upgrades structures and launch on an All Liquid launch (two LRBs based on Titan V LDC with STBE engines above from BDB and RMM)

Alternatively the USS Enterprise is flown on the Tantares Energia (as described below)

Kerbolrise:

KR1 and KR2 family of Shuttles are used in conjunction with Tantares Energia that is stretched with the aft RD0120s cambered to center up COT with COM

Tantares:

Given I have been unable to orbit anything except Energia in JNSQ play-through Energia is the only LV from Tantares I use.....

 

Shuttles quickly took a back seat to Transtage and other stowable fuel tugs given my PEBKAC issues with robotics.   But I will be still using them for supply runs.

 

 

 

 

Yes, I understand what your plan is.
In theory, the usual Angara A5 should be sufficient for the construction of the ISS.
I don't like using the shuttle either. This is authentic, but requires the use of manipulators (and for the KSP, unfortunately , there are no manipulators that could be called "easy to use") Аnd it takes a very long time.

My ISS is, in fact, just a target point for replica spacecraft such as ATV. I enjoy working on them (and launch vehicles for them) much more than the ISS itself.

As for the size of the parts - everything you need can be changed through the config file)))

Edited by Cochies
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, davide96 said:

Yes the station sit well, I'll try to install KJR

Also or in lieu, have you made certain every part is "Auto-strutted" to either the Core or Heaviest part?  I alternate between the two personally.

I have had so many problems with KJR and KJR continued that I don't use them any more.    Autostrut may take a bit of work (since you have to open every context menu on every part) but it works as well other than the time sink in my opinion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Also or in lieu, have you made certain every part is "Auto-strutted" to either the Core or Heaviest part?  I alternate between the two personally.

I have had so many problems with KJR and KJR continued that I don't use them any more.    Autostrut may take a bit of work (since you have to open every context menu on every part) but it works as well other than the time sink in my opinion

Autostrut is almost a necessity with large spacecraft. I think I used KJR for a little while, but it kept bugging out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@benjee10 would you consider adding the International Docking Adapter or IDA?

Images in spoiler:

Spoiler

1024px-IDA-2_upright.jpg

20180819-IDA-Attached-with-Spacewalker.j

It would just slot on to the front of the APAS on the PMA.

There would also need to be a passive and an active variant.

Edited by KeaKaka
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

@benjee10 would you consider adding the International Docking Adapter or IDA?

Images in spoiler:

  Reveal hidden contents

1024px-IDA-2_upright.jpg

20180819-IDA-Attached-with-Spacewalker.j

It would just slot on to the front of the APAS on the PMA.

There would also need to be a passive and an active variant.

Look up Boring Crew Services. The author is making one after he puts the finishing touches on his Starliner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

@benjee10 would you consider adding the International Docking Adapter or IDA?

Images in spoiler:

  Reveal hidden contents

1024px-IDA-2_upright.jpg

20180819-IDA-Attached-with-Spacewalker.j

It would just slot on to the front of the APAS on the PMA.

There would also need to be a passive and an active variant.

Not sure, but from the looks it is very much what is named APASv2 (C-100 androgynous docking) in the newest version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

Not sure, but from the looks it is very much what is named APASv2 (C-100 androgynous docking) in the newest version?

APAS and IDS/IDA are subtly different, most obviously the 'skeletal' guide fins in the passive IDA compared to the solid APAS fins. Active IDS and APAS are very similar and difficult to distinguish though. I think Dylan is working on IDA as DJ said, not sure what his approach will be as to whether they're compatible with standard APAS ports or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/7/2021 at 2:23 PM, si2504 said:

I would recommend trying it with KJR to see if you get the same results. Does the station sit ok on the runway before you alt f12 it? I'm using it in 1.11.1 and have absolutely no issues with it.

installed KJR removed and placed again the solar panels and now works fine. Thanks a lot man!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@benjee10 Just a small thing I found in the APASv2 model: It has this black dot on the side, which is very helpful in docking to properly turn the adapters. However if you remove the sensors from the ring, there will be a dot on the other side as well. Which then makes it hard to find the right orientation. Not sure if that is the same in the real world original, but maybe it could be removed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

@benjee10 Just a small thing I found in the APASv2 model: It has this black dot on the side, which is very helpful in docking to properly turn the adapters. However if you remove the sensors from the ring, there will be a dot on the other side as well. Which then makes it hard to find the right orientation. Not sure if that is the same in the real world original, but maybe it could be removed?

Not really possible unfortunately due to how the texture is laid out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im getting a issue with part variants on KSP 1.10.1  I Cannot right click on the part and no part variants appear. I am using the latest b9 part switch. Plus getting exception: Null Reference Exeption. Object instance not set to an instance of an object when i try to place the radiators.

KSP.log 

Problem fixed was using the latest version of the mod, downgraded to the previous mod so that it works for 1.10.1

Edited by Aussie Toad Stool
Fixed the issue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...