[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

I think the only part in Habtech2 that has an IVA by default is the cupola module. That said, you can apply the Habtech1 IVAs to the Habtech2 parts if you feel the need for it. Otherwise I'd recommend Nertea's Stockalike Station Parts Redux, which includes a substantial number of IVAs for its parts.

• 1 month later...

So, I've found a bug.  The c-100 ports,  Both of them, will not dock.  They are aligned correctly, the small alignment bits are interlocking.  But something just will NOT allow them to come together.  Tried multiple saves, multiple crafts.  None will dock together.

5 hours ago, skygunner58203 said:

So, I've found a bug.  The c-100 ports,  Both of them, will not dock.  They are aligned correctly, the small alignment bits are interlocking.  But something just will NOT allow them to come together.  Tried multiple saves, multiple crafts.  None will dock together.

Please could you confirm that you are using the latest version of Benjee10_sharedAssets, and have done a clean installation of it (i.e. deleting the old mod folder rather than just overwriting). 

There is a new version of the C100 port and and older, deprecated version. The two are not compatible with each other due to collider differences. It sounds like you may have the older version still in your game and are trying to dock the two together. If this isn't the case please send me a screenshot of the issue you're having. 

Heads up - the new solar array parts are up on GitHub for testing! Please note these are parts that are still in development, so they may change in future and this may break saves/craft files, so I'd hazard against using them in your main saves. You will need Shabby and Shaddy for the translucent shaders. 

screenshot28.png

screenshot26.png

Currently implemented are:

• Standalone ISS SAW panel
  • Standalone iROSA panel 
  • P/S3 Truss SAW (with integrated radiator, Solar Alpha Rotary Joint)
  • S6 Truss SAW (extended truss, radiator)
  • P6 Truss SAW  (extended truss, radiator, plus two additional radiators used during early construction of the ISS)

The Truss SAW parts all have a switchable P/S5 style truss attachment which provides an attachment point for a 0.9375m port. The revamped truss connectors are not ready yet but these will go here when they are added. The switch can be toggled in flight, so the idea is that you switch it on after the arrays are deployed (simulating the truss section being added afterwards, as was done IRL). This is because due to the shape of the truss it would block the solar array deployment otherwise. 

These have been a mammoth job and some of the most complex parts I have ever created for Kerbal Space Program - really excited for you guys to get to play with them. Believe it or not is over a year since I started work on this revamp, so I am very glad to have them in a playable state at last.

Any feedback is welcome!

Edited by benjee10

4 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Heads up - the new solar array parts are up on GitHub for testing! Please note these are parts that are still in development, so they may change in future and this may break saves/craft files, so I'd hazard against using them in your main saves. You will need Shabby and Shaddy for the translucent shaders. 

screenshot28.png

screenshot26.png

• Standalone iROSA panel 
  • P6 Truss SAW  (extended truss, radiator, plus two additional radiators used during early construction of the ISS)

The Truss SAW parts all have a switchable P/S5 style truss attachment which provides an attachment point for a 0.9375m port. The revamped truss connectors are not ready yet but these will go here when they are added. The switch can be toggled in flight, so the idea is that you switch it on after the arrays are deployed (simulating the truss section being added afterwards, as was done IRL). This is because due to the shape of the truss it would block the solar array deployment otherwise. 

These have been a mammoth job and some of the most complex parts I have ever created for Kerbal Space Program - really excited for you guys to get to play with them. Believe it or not is over a year since I started work on this revamp, so I am very glad to have them in a playable state at last.

Any feedback is welcome!

Great to see your getting back into the swing of modding

14 hours ago, benjee10 said:

screenshot28.png

screenshot26.png

• Standalone iROSA panel 

Any feedback is welcome!

I found that  the new solar panel and radiator truss is not loaded in game. Same thing happened to the new Orion parachutes. I have installed both shaddy and the beta version of benjee_shared assets. Did I missed any hard dependency?

I also wrote a systemheat patch to the radiator panel. I wonder if I can merge my cfg file into the release?

7 minutes ago, zw_45 said:

I have installed both shaddy and the beta version of benjee_shared assets. Did I missed any hard dependency?

There's this too, which shaddy needs:

http://taniwha.org/~bill/Shabby_v0.3.0.zip

(TU should also work too, if you already have TU you might not need Shabby for Shaddy to work)

Edited by Rodger

On 8/14/2022 at 3:57 PM, benjee10 said:

the new solar array parts are up on GitHub for testing!

!!!!:o:0.0:

CqwGN7X.jpgo9ezF8M.jpgUFHjppt.jpglDG9Yh5.jpg

Absolutely stunning work as always! This is a legendary addition (Conveniently timed as well as I'm about to add the P3/4 Truss so that is quite lucky :PThe time and effort you put into these parts is totally apparent. I cannot overstate how beautiful these parts are! 

Lastly I'd like to note how crazy far the KSP community is pushing realism.

4o3cqp5t43a51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

This is an image of the ISS nearly the same position as the ISS Adventures thread currently is in that I took about two years ago when I was building the ISS on my own.  And this it now:

23oekro.jpg

Just though I'd point out how far this community has gone to make KSP more and more realistic (and prone to bring pc components to their limits :P). 

Once more awesome job on the SAWs! They're absolutely stunning and greatly appreciated! 

Edited by Kuiper_Belt

On 8/14/2022 at 10:57 PM, benjee10 said:

So, if  Shaddy & Shabby are a hard dependency for this mod... why is it not stated yet on the first post where the download link is? Maybe that post needs an update..... Otherwise people will be complaining about that it not works, breaking the game etc.... I am just mentioning this because i came to see any updates on this mod...

4 minutes ago, renejant said:

So, if  Shaddy & Shabby are a hard dependency for this mod... why is it not stated yet on the first post where the download link is? Maybe that post needs an update..... Otherwise people will be complaining about that it not works, breaking the game etc.... I am just mentioning this because i came to see any updates on this mod...

Because that is only relevant to the extremely early dev versions of the parts which are downloaded by choosing 'download code' on the GitHub repo, not on either of the releases on GitHub or SpaceDock. Once there is a proper release, the thread will be updated to reflect the requirements of that release.

Just now, benjee10 said:

Because that is only relevant to the extremely early dev versions of the parts which are downloaded by choosing 'download code' on the GitHub repo, not on either of the releases on GitHub or SpaceDock. Once there is a proper release, the thread will be updated to reflect the requirements of that release.

I see, sorry for mentioning it, i think i just got ahead of things here... ^_^

Oh and another thing, the link http://taniwha.org/~bill/Shabby_v0.3.0.zip doesn't work,   the page opens and closes on itself without doing anything....

On 8/16/2022 at 4:13 AM, Kuiper_Belt said:

!!!!:o:0.0:

CqwGN7X.jpgo9ezF8M.jpgUFHjppt.jpglDG9Yh5.jpg

Absolutely stunning work as always! This is a legendary addition (Conveniently timed as well as I'm about to add the P3/4 Truss so that is quite lucky :PThe time and effort you put into these parts is totally apparent. I cannot overstate how beautiful these parts are! 

Lastly I'd like to note how crazy far the KSP community is pushing realism.

4o3cqp5t43a51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

This is an image of the ISS nearly the same position as the ISS Adventures thread currently is in that I took about two years ago when I was building the ISS on my own.  And this it now:

23oekro.jpg

Just though I'd point out how far this community has gone to make KSP more and more realistic (and prone to bring pc components to their limits :P). 

Once more awesome job on the SAWs! They're absolutely stunning and greatly appreciated! 

Hi there! What mod do you use for the Zvezda and Zarya Modules?

On 8/19/2022 at 8:32 AM, Procepthi said:

Hi there! What mod do you use for the Zvezda and Zarya Modules?

They are largely made out of Tantares but have parts from other mods and custom part welded detail components made by Lemon_Cup. 

Also here are some nice beauty shots from the full ISS:

w0DPpmJ.jpgksFy9co.jpgXTfucY1.jpgaDVAX4r.jpg

23 hours ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

They are largely made out of Tantares but have parts from other mods and custom part welded detail components made by Lemon_Cup. 

Is that Dextre? What mod adds that?

On 8/20/2022 at 1:22 PM, Kuiper_Belt said:

Gotcha! You're still missing Nauka!

1 hour ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Gotcha! You're still missing Nauka!

6 hours ago, novuh said:

Is that Dextre? What mod adds that?

:o! When I saw this I knew when I got to the computer I'd go and fix it as well as a couple other things. I had also  missed the JEM robotic arm, DEXTRE (I do not have a clue on how I am going to make it by the way) (also novuh I think what you are talking about is the Mobile Base System and that's a kitbashed part by Lemon_Cup so not really available to the world) Prichal the European Robotic Arm an SGANT antenna, the International Docking Adapters and lastly the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer.  

V1Ell0Z.jpgJWuTIvl.jpgXwdKgic.jpg

Dextre is still missing because I've got to sit down and actually make it but apart from that I'd say I got nearly all of it! Still some detailing here and there, so the saga never really stops :P

9 hours ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

:o! When I saw this I knew when I got to the computer I'd go and fix it as well as a couple other things. I had also  missed the JEM robotic arm, DEXTRE (I do not have a clue on how I am going to make it by the way) (also novuh I think what you are talking about is the Mobile Base System and that's a kitbashed part by Lemon_Cup so not really available to the world) Prichal the European Robotic Arm an SGANT antenna, the International Docking Adapters and lastly the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer.  

V1Ell0Z.jpgJWuTIvl.jpgXwdKgic.jpg

Dextre is still missing because I've got to sit down and actually make it but apart from that I'd say I got nearly all of it! Still some detailing here and there, so the saga never really stops :P

I know of a mod that has parts for Dextre.  Was going to use it for my resurrection of the ISS Community mod.  Let me get back to you on it.

On 8/20/2022 at 11:22 PM, Kuiper_Belt said:

What mode you used for ERA manipulator on Nauka?

On 8/21/2022 at 9:04 PM, Kuiper_Belt said:

How is your frame rate?  I remember the last time I made an ISS, my FPS would dip pretty noticeably around the station.  Any tips to maximize Frames?