Jump to content

[1.12.x] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts! | 0.2.6


benjee10
 Share

Recommended Posts

If you're so inclined, you can do a little bit of .cfg manipulation to give Habtech 2 the very old and not very pretty Habtech 1 IVAs. All you need to do is download the OG Habtech get rid of everything but the internals then set the Habtech 2 parts to use the correct IVA cfg.

That said, all of Benjee's newer mods have excellent IVAs. In fact I'd go so far as to say his IVAs are probably the best looking ones out there at the moment. Given that he's—slowly—reworking the Habtech 2 parts, there's a slim chance that he'll also build newer IVAs. Unless he's already said he won't and I've just missed it. In that case there probably won't ever be new IVAs for Habtech 2. Something else to consider is that KSP 2 is, at this point, just around the corner so a lot of modders (Benjee included) are probably going to wait for the Early Access release before diving into any major projects. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When trying to build with the parts in the VAB (specifically the big solar arrays, standalone and dual), the title only says DEPRECATED PART and the part has no texture, does anybody know why that is?
(P.S. i know that these may be the old parts, however the new ones do not shop up at all)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same here, I think that it is WIP in the HabTech2 Update, but I could be wrong. I am using the radiators from HeatControl for now until then, and they produce a lot more cooling anyway than the Habtech ones compared to even some of the smallest radiators. 

2 hours ago, x170doom said:

anyone else having texture issues with the radiators?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2022 at 4:39 PM, x170doom said:

anyone else having texture issues with the radiators?

On the topic of texture issues is anyone else having an issue where the new solar truss panels are a pink esque color? Note I have both shady, shabby and TU installed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2022 at 10:39 PM, x170doom said:

anyone else having texture issues with the radiators?

On 12/16/2022 at 1:17 AM, Jim123 said:

Same here, I think that it is WIP in the HabTech2 Update, but I could be wrong. I am using the radiators from HeatControl for now until then, and they produce a lot more cooling anyway than the Habtech ones compared to even some of the smallest radiators. 

Yes this part has been deprecated and the new one has not yet been added. The GitHub master version is very much a dev version so things are liable to break/be unfinished, if you want a more stable version download from SpaceDock or one of the GitHub releases. 

40 minutes ago, 1124max said:

On the topic of texture issues is anyone else having an issue where the new solar truss panels are a pink esque color? Note I have both shady, shabby and TU installed.

Try a clean reinstall of shaddy, this is usually caused by not having up-to-date shaders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still pink I'm afraid, if it's a shader issue I wonder if there is a conflict with some of the other visual mods I have installed, will have to troubleshoot.

Edit:

Turns out I was accidentally installing an older version of shaddy, installing the new version fixed the issue.

Edited by 1124max
Issue fixxed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I see screenshots with things like, e.g., a much nicer looking Z truss, with maybe another part for the SGANT antenna and a P6 truss with multiple radiators.  Am I missing something for these to show up in my VAB?  Or are these parts from other mods?  Thanks!

p.s.  I haven't played this game in ages and I feel like a kid walking into a candy store after finding money on the sidewalk.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Kurld said:

I see screenshots with things like, e.g., a much nicer looking Z truss, with maybe another part for the SGANT antenna and a P6 truss with multiple radiators.  Am I missing something for these to show up in my VAB?  Or are these parts from other mods?  Thanks!

p.s.  I haven't played this game in ages and I feel like a kid walking into a candy store after finding money on the sidewalk.

 

 

These are parts currently in development and are available for testing by downloading the master branch on GitHub. Some of the parts are not finished or functional yet, and changes may be made that will affect existing craft, so use with caution and keep a backup.

The full release should be coming soon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

The full release should be coming soon!

"I'm almost physically excited."   

I'm really in awe of the body of work you have done for this game.  It took me ages to kludge together the PEBKAC LES and that's just a small handful of parts and a tiny plugin.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kurld said:

@benjee10 I was looking around for Canadarm2 parts and then I noticed some in the htRobotics folder.  The PART module is commented out from the config.  Any reason not to use them?

So, there's a couple of reasons why you wouldn't want to do this:

1: These were early test parts made before I was working on Canadarm 1. They are untextured the wrong size, and I can't guarantee they will work correctly. 

2:

Screenshot_2023-01-29_at_22.49.48.png

Coming very soon ;) 

On 1/21/2023 at 6:40 PM, eagleswing12 said:

The Kibo lab is unbearably slow. Like, less than a tenth of science per day slow with a full crew of 1-star scientists. Why?

I'll be honest, I've never used these parts in career/science mode - think my intention originally was for the science labs to be slower than stock but have a greater potential yield but I don't think I ever tested it properly aside from verifying that they do function as labs. If anyone has suggestions as to what appropriate values would be for this I would be happy to alter these in the next update. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2022 at 2:11 PM, Doc Shaftoe said:

If you're so inclined, you can do a little bit of .cfg manipulation to give Habtech 2 the very old and not very pretty Habtech 1 IVAs. All you need to do is download the OG Habtech get rid of everything but the internals then set the Habtech 2 parts to use the correct IVA cfg.

That said, all of Benjee's newer mods have excellent IVAs. In fact I'd go so far as to say his IVAs are probably the best looking ones out there at the moment. Given that he's—slowly—reworking the Habtech 2 parts, there's a slim chance that he'll also build newer IVAs. Unless he's already said he won't and I've just missed it. In that case there probably won't ever be new IVAs for Habtech 2. Something else to consider is that KSP 2 is, at this point, just around the corner so a lot of modders (Benjee included) are probably going to wait for the Early Access release before diving into any major projects. 

Here is a MM Config I wrote forever ago that does it.

The notes are to edit the config files of the Habtech II parts to reflect the available seats in each respective IVA.

I've tested this and use it as standard in my KSP builds along with another one based on Lonesome Robots.

@benjee10you can use this code however you want, though thanks is always appreciated.

Copy paste everything between [START] and [END] below:

[START]

/////////////// HT2 Port HT IVA
/////////////// All Columbus Internals needs Crew Capacity Set to 2
    /////// Or All MPLMs can have Crew Capacity Set to 0
/////////////// Module Lab Node Needs Conversion to HT BigHab Stats - 8 Crew etc.
    /////// Or Module Lab Needs ‘labInternal’ or ‘jemInternal’
/////////////// MPLM Half can be ‘columbusInternal’ or ‘shortInternal’
    /////// ‘shortInternal’ crew requirement is 1
/////////////// Harmony and Unity need crew requirement raised to 4
/////////////// Kibo needs crew requirement lowered to 4


@Part[ht2_MPLM]
{
    INTERNAL
    {
        name = habtech_columbusInternal
    }
    !MODULE[Configure] {}
    {
        
    }

@Part[ht2_MPLM_half]
{
    INTERNAL
    {
        name = habtech_columbusInternal
    }

@Part[ht2_moduleColumbus]
{
    INTERNAL
    {
        name = habtech_columbusInternal
    }

@Part[ht2_moduleDestiny]
{
    INTERNAL
    {
        name = habtech_labInternal
    }

@Part[ht2_moduleHarmony]
{
    INTERNAL
    {
        name = habtech_nodeInternal
    }

@Part[ht2_moduleJEMlogistics]
{
    INTERNAL
    {
        name = habtech_shortInternal
    }

@Part[ht2_moduleKibo]
{
    INTERNAL
    {
        name = habtech_jemInternal
    }

@Part[ht2_moduleLabNode]
{
    INTERNAL
    {
        name = habtech_bigHabInternal
    }

@Part[ht2_moduleQuest]
{
    INTERNAL
    {
        name = habtech_airlockInternal
    }

@Part[ht2_moduleUnity]
{
    INTERNAL
    {
        name = habtech_nodeInternal
    }

[END]

 

Edited by Shantaboy
Improve format and readability
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...