[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

6 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

How does it get attached to Destiny in flight?

Radial truss docking port attaches on top of Destiny and then a standard truss connector goes on the bottom of S0. Truss connectors will have switchable mesh options to match with different truss profiles.

What's the optimal way to mount this in a shuttle bay? Shouldn't it have radial attachment and/or those bipod things from @Foxxonius Augustus's picture? Also, is the T-400 used to attach all the truss segments together or is there a larger half-hex port being made? If it's the former, perhaps add an insert on S0 to signify where to use it. I really like the amount of greeble on these, though. Complex and interesting without being too messy like it is IRL.

Also, what's the right way to attach the ST-200 to the ST-600 to alight right?

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

5 hours ago, Natokerbal said:

How do you get the modules to connect Do I just place RC on them or do I Berth them with an arm or something?

Currently you'll need to use an RCS tug of some form to dock them to the station autonomously, though I'm looking into options when it comes to robotic arms. The pods around the Quest airlock can be mounted using KIS (you need to attach the mounting racks first). 

3 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

What's the optimal way to mount this in a shuttle bay? Shouldn't it have radial attachment and/or those bipod things from @Foxxonius Augustus's picture? Also, is the T-400 used to attach all the truss segments together or is there a larger half-hex port being made? If it's the former, perhaps add an insert on S0 to signify where to use it. I really like the amount of greeble on these, though. Complex and interesting without being too messy like it is IRL.

Also, what's the right way to attach the ST-200 to the ST-600 to alight right?

Best way of attaching to a payload bay is just using the stack nodes. If you were to radially attach it you wouldn't be able to detach. The T-400 is the only truss docking port currently, however I'm planning on giving it part variants so it sits flush with all different truss types. There is a slot on the bottom of S0 where the T-400 attaches to allow for radial mounting onto Destiny/any other 2.5m module. Currently you'll need to use offset to match ST-200 and ST-600, it works out as an increment of the default offset value (when angle snap is on - 2 or 3 I think) so it is relatively easy to get them flush. 

1 minute ago, benjee10 said:

Currently you'll need to use an RCS tug of some form to dock them to the station autonomously, though I'm looking into options when it comes to robotic arms.

Semi-related question, can IR robotic arms be used to grapple modules and attach them to stations, or would the kraken rip everything apart?

1 minute ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Semi-related question, can IR robotic arms be used to grapple modules and attach them to stations, or would the kraken rip everything apart?

I haven't tried but I don't see why not. Large stations are already kraken bait as-is so there's already a risk involved there. Just got to be quick and careful with your time warping and quicksaves. 

This looks to be an interesting development in the actual usability of the arms (though it looks like there's quite a bit of set-up involved:

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

I haven't tried but I don't see why not. Large stations are already kraken bait as-is so there's already a risk involved there. Just got to be quick and careful with your time warping and quicksaves. 

This looks to be an interesting development in the actual usability of the arms (though it looks like there's quite a bit of set-up involved:

Thanks, this does look extremely interesting.

On 2/25/2019 at 7:23 PM, Drakenex said:

2 hours ago, Drakenex said:

@benjee10are your new solar arrays going to rotate like the old ones? That was a very nice and realistic feature. They geometry was a little too heavy and I ended up using CX because of that, but they were far superior on all other aspects.

I too would love to see the solar array tracking in multiple axis. Also would be nice to be able to mount the radiators under the solar arrays that track as well to be edge on to the sun. 

3 hours ago, Drakenex said:

@benjee10are your new solar arrays going to rotate like the old ones? That was a very nice and realistic feature. They geometry was a little too heavy and I ended up using CX because of that, but they were far superior on all other aspects.

36 minutes ago, grayal said:

I too would love to see the solar array tracking in multiple axis. Also would be nice to be able to mount the radiators under the solar arrays that track as well to be edge on to the sun. 

Solar arrays will be dual tracking with integrated radiator panels (the radiators will also be available as a separate part).

On 3/4/2019 at 10:53 AM, sslaptnhablhat said:

I will raise the robotic arm of M.O.L.E. by Angel-125 as an answer. As it is a single unit, it does not summon the Kraken so eagerly as Infernal Robotics. I used it for station building a while ago, together with Konstruction weldable ports.

Little preview of what I'm currently working on:

This baby is probably gonna take a little time, so bear with me folks. Dealing with this many animations & modules on a single part gets a little tricky...

Each array is separately deployable in game, as well as the thermal radiator, and there's also a control to unlock sun tracking on a second axis - so the whole part will rotate around the Y-axis to track the sun, just like the real-life ISS solar array wing. There will be multiple part variants to allow you to replicate the ISS SAW properly, without any unsightly non-rotating elements. The array itself is available as a standalone part. 

6 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Little preview of what I'm currently working on:

This baby is probably gonna take a little time, so bear with me folks. Dealing with this many animations & modules on a single part gets a little tricky...

Each array is separately deployable in game, as well as the thermal radiator, and there's also a control to unlock sun tracking on a second axis - so the whole part will rotate around the Y-axis to track the sun, just like the real-life ISS solar array wing. There will be multiple part variants to allow you to replicate the ISS SAW properly, without any unsightly non-rotating elements. The array itself is available as a standalone part. 

I am SOOOO happy to see an integrated radiator panel in this part. You're doing god's work my man. Keep it up!