[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

On 9/14/2019 at 1:13 AM, The-Doctor said:

@NiL send me a dm I got the part from him, though it's a modified part of an outdated mod, and it can cause crashes

What, did i? I don't remember sending anything, perhaps you misquoted or it was a typo. Or I just forgot, of course, this is also possible

Just want to say thank you for an awesome mod!

I see that development will likely not continue too much more due to KSP 2, but I wanted to ask if there had ever been any plans for, or a similar mod, which adds the Mobile Servicing System for tracking along the truss assemblies.  Or if anyone has created something similar with robotics :)

Slowly doing an ISS build mission by mission and I'd love to do the truss assembly the way it was actually created!

1 hour ago, Operation_Blackbird said:

Is there any video showing what piece goes where? I really wanna build this with  the benjee shuttle, but I don't know what goes where, please help or show me.

Not a video, but I do have some in-hangar screenshots of my build.  This is an overview of the USOS, minus the truss structure:

Spoiler

6uiM9CG.png

And the port-side truss structure.  From left, two giant tracking solar panel units, a semi-hex truss with radiator attached, another semi-hex truss, and finally the S0 truss unit which attaches to the top of Destiny using a surface-mount truss connector.  The starboard truss structure is identical.

Spoiler

MMn4QR5.png

Here's a view of the point at which S0 and Destiny connect.

Spoiler

Zt3QGo6.png

And here's a detail (minus the trusses) showing how that relates to Z1, which is berthed to the top port of Unity and not physically connected to S0.

Spoiler

PvhFab9.png

Finally, here's my take on the Russian segment, using BDB Skylab parts because USA:

Spoiler

5yPCiS5.png

I would like to point out that while I have constructed stations like this in orbit with tugs and arms, in this particular case I decided to save myself a few hours and just used Hyperedit to plop the whole thing where I wanted it, which is why it's missing helpful things like grappling points and extra truss connectors.

8 hours ago, rougeaux said:

Not a video, but I do have some in-hangar screenshots of my build.  This is an overview of the USOS, minus the truss structure:

Reveal hidden contents

6uiM9CG.png

And the port-side truss structure.  From left, two giant tracking solar panel units, a semi-hex truss with radiator attached, another semi-hex truss, and finally the S0 truss unit which attaches to the top of Destiny using a surface-mount truss connector.  The starboard truss structure is identical.

Reveal hidden contents

MMn4QR5.png

Here's a view of the point at which S0 and Destiny connect.

Reveal hidden contents

Zt3QGo6.png

And here's a detail (minus the trusses) showing how that relates to Z1, which is berthed to the top port of Unity and not physically connected to S0.

Reveal hidden contents

PvhFab9.png

Finally, here's my take on the Russian segment, using BDB Skylab parts because USA:

Reveal hidden contents

5yPCiS5.png

I would like to point out that while I have constructed stations like this in orbit with tugs and arms, in this particular case I decided to save myself a few hours and just used Hyperedit to plop the whole thing where I wanted it, which is why it's missing helpful things like grappling points and extra truss connectors.

Can you send me the save file? I can use that to make a video on which pieces go where.

2 hours ago, YourAgony said:

Hello, i didn`t have the Solararrays, but i don`t know why....

if i search in output.log -> then i found this : Cannot clone model 'HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_SAW' as model does not exist

can someone help please? 

i use KSP 1.4.5

I'm no expert but the use of ver 1.4.5 is likely the reason. Or rather, the use of a version of module manager that is compatible with 1.4.5 is likely the reason. My best guess would be to update KSP so that you can use a more up to date version of MM.

Edit: Another option might be to download the legacy version of HabTech (i.e. HabTech 1) although those parts generally have less features and don't look as good.

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2019 at 8:43 PM, rocket_scissors said:

Is there a guide or something if we wanted to build the ISS? There aren't many pictures to go off of for assembling HabTech and the ones that are aren't very clear at times.

I might be working on something....

Who wants to test?
https://github.com/Gordon-Dry/HabTech2/tree/merge-for-playtest

I also commited to HabTech2 - converted .png to .dds (DXT5) and merged another PR from SilveiraMarcel into my playtest branch. fixed some typo.

https://github.com/Gordon-Dry/Kerbalism/tree/add-support-for-HabTech2

Edited by Gordon Dry

1 hour ago, Thirst said:

Hi,

just one short question. Does this mod eventually still work in ksp 1.8.x ?     

I used in 1.7.2 and think its one of the best mods.

Best course of action is to browse through the thread and see if anybody has reported anything.    If not, install it and try.   Can't hurt if you make some backups first (which you should always do when installing a new mod), and give it a try.   If you do, please report back on your findings so others can learn. 

Running 1.8.1 I get 2 B9 warnings on load:

[LOG 18:07:42.902] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_trussPort/ht2_trussPort'
[WRN 18:07:42.913] Warning on PartSubtype Bearing on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='mount') on part unknownPart: No transforms named 'ht2_truss_trussConnectorBearing_colliders' found
[LOG 18:07:42.916] PartLoader: Part 'HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_trussPort/ht2_trussPort' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 18:07:42.920] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'ht2.trussPort'
[WRN 18:07:42.935] Warning on PartSubtype Bearing on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='mount') on part ht2.trussPort: No transforms named 'ht2_truss_trussConnectorBearing_colliders' found

Didn't try messing with the part switchers on them in-game but other than that, the modules seem to be working okay.  I hope Benjee continues this awesome mod!

Edited by Chimichanga

• 3 weeks later...