[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

On 6/4/2020 at 1:08 PM, Mr_Xarchok said:

Does it work with Tweakscale? 

There're no patches on the Add'On, neither on TweakScale's "stock" patches.

But you can ask for it on the TweakScale Companion Program thread. It will probably took some time due Real Life™ issues, but it will be eventually done. :) 

On 6/9/2020 at 2:55 PM, davidy12 said:

Is there a way to merge the IVAs from the old Habtech to Habtech2?

@PART[ht2_moduleQuest]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  habtech_airlockInternal
    }
}
@PART[ht2_moduleColumbus]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  habtech_columbusInternal
    }
}
@PART[ht2_moduleDestiny]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  habtech_labInternal
    }
}
@PART[ht2_moduleKibo]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  habtech_jemInternal
    }
}
@PART[ht2_moduleLabNode,ht2_moduleHarmony,ht2_moduleUnity]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  habtech_nodeInternal
    }
}

23 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

@PART[ht2_moduleQuest]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  habtech_airlockInternal
    }
}
@PART[ht2_moduleColumbus]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  habtech_columbusInternal
    }
}
@PART[ht2_moduleDestiny]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  habtech_labInternal
    }
}
@PART[ht2_moduleKibo]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  habtech_jemInternal
    }
}
@PART[ht2_moduleLabNode,ht2_moduleHarmony,ht2_moduleUnity]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name =  habtech_nodeInternal
    }
}

NOICE

4 hours ago, Jim123 said:

I have a bug with the solar panel Truss spawning my craft a few hundred meters in the air. I re downloaded the mod i made a new install of ksp and still the same thing happens with the same part. https://imgur.com/a/2UDYyrM

Same issue here, I believe there was a mod that could in theory fix this issue, but i'm not sure what the exact name was.

13 hours ago, Jim123 said:

I have a bug with the solar panel Truss spawning my craft a few hundred meters in the air. I re downloaded the mod i made a new install of ksp and still the same thing happens with the same part. https://imgur.com/a/2UDYyrM

I believe this is known issue. Benjee mentioned this a couple of times, and that he's attempting to fix it, though it seems that he has yet to find a solution.

I do wish him good luck, this seems to be a rather annoying issue to fix.

Edited by Echo11

Whos/which end pieces are used on things like Unity and such?  I don't see one specific to Habtech 2.  The one in the pictures matches the style well, none that I have in my library are really that well matched.

caQ81sa.png

Edited by LawnDartLeo

27 minutes ago, LawnDartLeo said:

Whos/which end pieces are used on things like Unity and such?  I don't see one specific to Habtech 2.  The one in the pictures matches the style well, none that I have in my library are really that well matched.

caQ81sa.png

The large docking port included in the mod should be used to connect station modules. 

@alberro+... nope.  Sub-types.  Alternate appearances selectable on the object itself.  I'm kind of rusty in KSP and since 1.3 there have been a lot QOL changes that reduce part counts and give additional appearances for the same part.

Thanks for responding, though.

I have a suggestion for benjee with fixing the problem i know you might not have time but this is a idea you can maybe just rebuild the model and part from scratch the solar truss it may not be the best way to deal with it i don't know much about modding but it may make more sense rather than to not find what causing it. 

2 minutes ago, Jim123 said:

I have a suggestion for benjee with fixing the problem i know you might not have time but this is a idea you can maybe just rebuild the model and part from scratch the solar truss it may not be the best way to deal with it i don't know much about modding but it may make more sense rather than to not find what causing it. 

Unfortunately the part affected is the single most complex part in the mod as it’s the dual-axis array. It was extremely finnicky and time-consuming to set up in the first place (there are four animated deployable tracking modules and with fairly complex rigging) so I would rather not have to do it again. I’d say in terms of hours invested in this mod, a good 20-30% went into that part alone! 
There’s always a chance that whatever broke it last time could unbreak when 1.9 comes out, as the part functioned okay in previous versions, so I’ll hold out til then before making a decision on what to do. In the meantime World Fixer apparently mostly fixes it, though I haven’t tried that out myself.

3 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Unfortunately the part affected is the single most complex part in the mod as it’s the dual-axis array. It was extremely finnicky and time-consuming to set up in the first place (there are four animated deployable tracking modules and with fairly complex rigging) so I would rather not have to do it again. I’d say in terms of hours invested in this mod, a good 20-30% went into that part alone! 
There’s always a chance that whatever broke it last time could unbreak when 1.9 comes out, as the part functioned okay in previous versions, so I’ll hold out til then before making a decision on what to do. In the meantime World Fixer apparently mostly fixes it, though I haven’t tried that out myself.

Okay another idea is that you could make the solar panels and raitoirs separate parts you add on to it. Once again i don't know much about making mods so this could just make things harder i don't know just a idea.

On 6/22/2020 at 3:21 AM, LawnDartLeo said:

@alberro+... nope.  Sub-types.  Alternate appearances selectable on the object itself.  I'm kind of rusty in KSP and since 1.3 there have been a lot QOL changes that reduce part counts and give additional appearances for the same part.

Thanks for responding, though.

Like alberro said , use the 1.25m CBM ports . The switchable variants are interchangeable and only for aesthetics .