[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

4 minutes ago, CardZLol said:

It seems stuck while loading the part "ht2_solarArray_duo", what can i do?

As written in this thread before: Use 1.9.x KSP, or delete trusses from the plugin until it has bee updated.

@ Everyone: Will the deletion of the trusses actually impact any upgrade path, if the plugin gets updated?

23 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

As written in this thread before: Use 1.9.x KSP, or delete trusses from the plugin until it has bee updated.

@ Everyone: Will the deletion of the trusses actually impact any upgrade path, if the plugin gets updated?

I deleted the ht_solarArray_duo  cfg file, and it worked well on 1.10.1. Excited for when it updates to 1.10, tho.

@benjee10 I found another thing. It seems that the new naming system with priorities is not working with the parts. I used the "ST-Z Control Block" and naming it with the new system (including priority) did not do anything. I needed to use the "old" rename vessel button to change the name as well.

It is a minor, but thought I note it down.

15 minutes ago, adriangm44 said:

No more solar panels?

In their current state, they prevent KSP 1.10.0 and 1.10.1 from loading. They work just fine in 1.8.1 and 1.9.1, but something got updated in KSP that requires they be updated to work with newer versions. You can use them in 1.8.1 or 1.9.1 just fine, but in order to play on 1.10.1, the panels must be deleted or the game will not load.

Edited by DJ Reonic

On 9/3/2020 at 11:50 AM, DJ Reonic said:

In their current state, they prevent KSP 1.10.0 and 1.10.1 from loading. They work just fine in 1.8.1 and 1.9.1, but something got updated in KSP that requires they be updated to work with newer versions. You can use them in 1.8.1 or 1.9.1 just fine, but in order to play on 1.10.1, the panels must be deleted or the game will not load.

*only one must be deleted, the solo one works fine

On 9/3/2020 at 4:50 PM, DJ Reonic said:

Well, I could delete them from the GameData folder but can't get rid of the ones assembled in orbit :0.0:

Hi @benjee10,
I found another thing to be broken with 1.10.1. When habtech2 and bundled mods are installed, I won't get a SSTO beyond Mach 1 speed. It just stops accelerating at ~300m/s. I've checked the same craft over and over with different mods and can reliably say: I install habtech2, craft is slow. Delete habtech2, craft flies fine.

You can read in the following thread:

I already tried updating B9PartSwitch and Community Resource Pack (What is that actually needed for?), but it did not change anything. If I can help you with testing or logs, let me know.

11 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

Hi @benjee10,
I found another thing to be broken with 1.10.1. When habtech2 and bundled mods are installed, I won't get a SSTO beyond Mach 1 speed. It just stops accelerating at ~300m/s. I've checked the same craft over and over with different mods and can reliably say: I install habtech2, craft is slow. Delete habtech2, craft flies fine.

You can read in the following thread:

I already tried updating B9PartSwitch and Community Resource Pack (What is that actually needed for?), but it did not change anything. If I can help you with testing or logs, let me know.

Habtech2 is not 1.10 compatible. Don't use Habtech with 1.10

6 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Habtech2 is not 1.10 compatible. Don't use Habtech with 1.10

To make it specific, current incompatibilities are:

- ht_solarArray_duo is blocking KSP to load, you can circumvent it by deleting the ht_solarArray_duo.cfg file (you also can't have that part in your world)
- Naming of vessels will not work as expected, you have to name it in separate dialogues
- SSTOs are not possible, as you cannot accelerate enough (not sure if this error has an impact somewhere else), this can't be worked around
- Bundles mods are outdated, you can exchange them for newer versions

If you find anything else, feel free to add.

BTW @benjee10 within the SSTO Thread, @JadeOfMaar said the following regarding the Solar Truss:
As for the solar truss this happens to any part that has ModuleDeployableSolarPanel{} + mesh animation + procedural drag cubes. Define a DRAG_CUBE{} with a single/fixed state (and delete any such node that defines procedural or multiple states) in the part config and KSP will stop choking on it

Not sure if it helps you, as you might know already, but again it does not hurt to note it down.

2 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

To make it specific, current incompatibilities are:

- ht_solarArray_duo is blocking KSP to load, you can circumvent it by deleting the ht_solarArray_duo.cfg file (you also can't have that part in your world)
- Naming of vessels will not work as expected, you have to name it in separate dialogues
- SSTOs are not possible, as you cannot accelerate enough (not sure if this error has an impact somewhere else), this can't be worked around
- Bundles mods are outdated, you can exchange them for newer versions

If you find anything else, feel free to add.

BTW @benjee10 within the SSTO Thread, @JadeOfMaar said the following regarding the Solar Truss:
As for the solar truss this happens to any part that has ModuleDeployableSolarPanel{} + mesh animation + procedural drag cubes. Define a DRAG_CUBE{} with a single/fixed state (and delete any such node that defines procedural or multiple states) in the part config and KSP will stop choking on it

Not sure if it helps you, as you might know already, but again it does not hurt to note it down.

If i had to guess the speed problem is due to the lack of drag cubes.

On 9/10/2020 at 2:36 PM, GoldForest said:

If i had to guess the speed problem is due to the lack of drag cubes.

I have no clue on modding, but I figured, that the duo solar array is the only one without a .mu mesh file. Maybe because of that the drag cube is generated, which seems to mess up KSP?

However, how that affected my SSTO (that is using no habtech parts) is still a mystery for me.

• 2 weeks later...