benjee10

[1.6.X] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts! | 0.2.0 - Solar Arrays, Truss, Radiators release!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, edwin.robert said:

Absolutely amazing! It's a dream come true!! Textures are perfect, i love the parts. But where are the solar arrays?  I downloaded the right version and all and I got every part except the solar arrays. I was really looking forward to using those on my ISS that i'm going to build with my shuttle. Any ideas?

Are you sure you’re using the latest version of both the mod and KSP? Can’t think of any reason they wouldn’t be showing up. As far as I’m aware no one else has had this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Are you sure you’re using the latest version of both the mod and KSP? Can’t think of any reason they wouldn’t be showing up. As far as I’m aware no one else has had this issue.

I have KSP 1.4.1 running HabTech 0.2.0 but that's for KSP 1.6.1 and it's the only version that includes the SAW's. Every other part appears except the SAW. Should I try in CKAN?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, edwin.robert said:

I have KSP 1.4.1 running HabTech 0.2.0 but that's for KSP 1.6.1 and it's the only version that includes the SAW's. Every other part appears except the SAW. Should I try in CKAN?

The SAWs use a shader that was only added in KSP 1.6.X, so that may be the problem. I don’t know the logistics but I would imagine that it wouldn’t be backwards compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How do the berthing and docking mechanism work? I cannot figure out correct alignment and orientation(Dunno if I reversed the docking port I have read that you need exact angle to dock too) and how to make them dock

Edited by ssd21345

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

How do the berthing and docking mechanism work? I cannot figure out correct alignment and orientation(Dunno if I reversed the docking port I have read that you need exact angle to dock too) and how to make them dock

They work as any other Dockingport. An exact angle is only needed if you have a Mod like Snapdock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

They work as any other Dockingport. An exact angle is only needed if you have a Mod like Snapdock.

but which is  correct oriention?  And isn't berthing is passive and docking is active so you need one ship with berthing and one with docking to dock together?

Edited by ssd21345

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Any orientation will work when docking. If you mean what orientation it is in real life then I would not know

Docking can be passive or active (Same with berthing)

Berthing ports do not work with docking ports. 

Berthing is different from docking. In real life on the iss berthing happens when the spacecraft is captured by a robotic arm and is pulled into a port. Docking occurs under a ships own power (ie. Soyuz and progress)

The way I remember it is that berthing requires some assistance while docking does not

 

Edited by spacefreak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, spacefreak said:

Any orientation will work when docking. If you mean what orientation it is in real life then I would not know

Docking can be passive or active (Same with berthing)

Berthing ports do not work with docking ports. 

Berthing is different from docking. In real life on the iss berthing happens when the spacecraft is captured by a robotic arm and is pulled into a port. Docking occurs under a ships own power (ie. Soyuz and progress)

The way I remember it is that berthing requires some assistance while docking does not

 

I mistook it with tantares passive/active mechanics and nasa's infographic lol

Edited by ssd21345

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 9:11 PM, benjee10 said:

The SAWs use a shader that was only added in KSP 1.6.X, so that may be the problem. I don’t know the logistics but I would imagine that it wouldn’t be backwards compatible.

Ok, I upgraded to KSP 1.6.1 after using 1.4.1 for a year, just so that I can get the SAW's :D 

It works great, I love the stockalike textures. When will the interiors be modeled? I was doing a test with one of the modules and saw that it was all black. Most of my ISS will be made out of the Habtech modules. I can't wait to get it completed, so when my courageous Kerbals return from Dres, they can rendezvous  with the ISS and analyse all the science I got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an suggestion: Wil we get the ISS (canceled) centrifuge module? Could be interesting.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DriftedCougar said:

Just an suggestion: Wil we get the ISS (canceled) centrifuge module? Could be interesting.....

I think benjee10 plans to finish stuff like the JEM, robotic arms, truss science palettes etc. first then will work on the cancelled modules and ETS modules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Screenshot taxEKLAyF9.pngDyneYKz.pngMfymE3Z.png

Edited by Bjalfi
Getting pics to work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@benjee10 one quick suggestion: could you add the bulkhead as a separate part? I'd love it as a 2.5m to 1.25m adapter option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 1:39 AM, iplayksp said:

Beale just released a couple of new .craft files including Zarya and Zvezda for the ISS.

Might be a bit of an old question but: Tantares .craft files for Zarya and Zvezda? Where did you see those? The craft files link on the OP don't contain these

 

On another note:

I seem to have a problem with truss construction in HabTech2. I decided to replace CxA with HabTech2 (more parts modeled) and recreated the USOS. When constructing the trusses though, I noticed that I seem to be missing all the truss connection docking ports to connect the truss segments together. I also can't find the round truss part which I assume is the one that rotates the solar arrays. Where can I get those parts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The solar arrays have rotation build in :), but I cant truly answer about the truss ports. IMHO, I think benjee intends users to use the stock 2.5m docking port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dark_Dragon26 said:

Might be a bit of an old question but: Tantares .craft files for Zarya and Zvezda? Where did you see those? The craft files link on the OP don't contain these

 

On another note:

I seem to have a problem with truss construction in HabTech2. I decided to replace CxA with HabTech2 (more parts modeled) and recreated the USOS. When constructing the trusses though, I noticed that I seem to be missing all the truss connection docking ports to connect the truss segments together. I also can't find the round truss part which I assume is the one that rotates the solar arrays. Where can I get those parts?

Do you have B9 part switch installed? The alpha rotary joint is a variant of the solar array. Like wise the various truss ports are variants of the truss connector part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Do you have B9 part switch installed? The alpha rotary joint is a variant of the solar array. Like wise the various truss ports are variants of the truss connector part.

Aha! That's what I was missing. Somehow escaped my notice that you can switch that part to the various needed ones. Quite ingenious.

 

Edit:

Thanks man, worked like a charm! That dual axis tracking looks really impressive.

Edited by Dark_Dragon26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dark_Dragon26 said:

Might be a bit of an old question but: Tantares .craft files for Zarya and Zvezda? Where did you see those? The craft files link on the OP don't contain these

 

On another note:

I seem to have a problem with truss construction in HabTech2. I decided to replace CxA with HabTech2 (more parts modeled) and recreated the USOS. When constructing the trusses though, I noticed that I seem to be missing all the truss connection docking ports to connect the truss segments together. I also can't find the round truss part which I assume is the one that rotates the solar arrays. Where can I get those parts?

I cant seem to find the Zarya ,and Zvezda either. Maybe you should ask Beale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, PriusMann said:

does this work with ksp 1.7.x?

Why didn't you try it yourself first? It'd save you having to ask here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That said, it does. B9 PS gives an annoying (but harmless) error, but that's probably got more to do with the latest version of that, not KSP itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 7/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, Dragon01 said:

That said, it does. B9 PS gives an annoying (but harmless) error, but that's probably got more to do with the latest version of that, not KSP itself.

@Dragon01 Is this the error you are referring to?

On 7/21/2019 at 3:39 AM, Ryan_Coates said:

i have this thing keep on pop up  https://gyazo.com/2a04ea9c3ebf8ded0422f28d8b29a711

I'm getting the same here....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.